The girls invented a urine powered generator which was showcased at this year's Maker Faire Africa held in Lagos a few days back. Continue to see how it works....
Maker Faire Africa, an annual event which showcases inventions, the system works like this:
- Urine is put into an electrolytic cell, which separates out the hydrogen.
- The hydrogen goes into a water filter for purification, which then gets pushed into the gas cylinder.
- The gas cylinder pushes hydrogen into a cylinder of liquid borax, which is used to remove the moisture from the hydrogen gas.
- This purified hydrogen gas is pushed into the generator.
- 1 Liter of urine gives you 6 hours of electricity.
And I agree...but great one girls. All they need now is people who will collaborate with them to improve on it.