BasketMouth Denies Hitting A Fan In Abuja | Welcome to Linda Ikeji's Blog

LI_Leaderboard_4

LI_Leaderboard_1

LI_Leaderboard_2

LI_Leaderboard_3

Sunday 5 June 2011

BasketMouth Denies Hitting A Fan In Abuja

Contrary to ongoing reports that one of Nigeria’s finest comedians, Bright Okpocha, aka, Basketmouth slapped a fan at a night club in Abuja, his publicist is denying the claims, saying the incident was reported out of context.

The incident which happened about a year ago in a night club, Ecstasy Land, in Abuja was a minor misunderstanding which was blown out of proportion. The comedian confirmed the incident but said he did not slap anyone. The incident, he said happened a while back and I am surprised that someone will reawaken an already buried and settled issue.

His side of the story when you continue...



He said “I was in company of some of my colleagues after we had attended a show organized by Charley Boy. It happened that it was the same day AY was having his show in Abuja. I couldn’t make the show so I decided to go for the after party which held at a club (Ecstasy Land) in Abuja. While at the VIP section, a gentleman or so I thought, walked up to me requesting to take some shots (pictures) with me. I obliged him. He took three shots after which I politely told him that I think that was enough. He agreed and left. He came back and asked to take another one, I guess maybe the initials shots he had were not satisfactory”

 “At this point I really was not comfortable anymore but to avoid any insinuations I obliged him. A while later I was surprised to see the same guy walk up to me still asking to take more pictures. At this point I told him, that was going to be last because, truth be told, it was becoming unbearable. I allowed the last shot. To my greatest surprise, while still in the VIP section, I overheard a friend of his expressing his willingness to take some pictures with me. This same guy that has already taking five snap shots told his friend not to bother because according to him, he has tried but Basketmouth seem to be full of ego and as such I will not allow it. I really did not like the impression he was trying to give people about me so I walked up to him and asked him politely why he was telling such lies. Rather than be a gentle man, he shoved me aside telling me to leave. That was so ungentlemanly. While still trying to see reasons with him, he continued his irrational behavior and before you know it the situation degenerated into a bit of fisticuffs.  Apparently, he was drunk because while the altercation continued, he was reeking of alcohol”

The incident, Okpocha said was settled that same night and according to him, he cannot understand why it resurfaced again. “After the incident, the bouncers came and removed the guy from the club. He later came back in but nothing dramatic happened after then. The case was settled and both parties went their separate ways. I wasn't happy about the whole incident and promised myself such will never repeat itself anymore”

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Basket mouth...no fans no celebs

Anonymous said...

Basketmouth is a liar, that's why the story is hunting him. His publicist will try and 'clean' it up like they did with his marriage

Anonymous said...

BAD BELLE PEOPLE, WETIN BASKET DO UNA?

Anonymous said...

I have had a one-on-one with basket mouth and, pulessss, that guy is arrogant!! I dont think he gives a flying f*** what his 'fans' think of him.
Anon 2:13 PM said "His publicist will try and 'clean' it up like they did with his marriage" are u insinuating that there is a mess in his marriage??? Just asking sha

Anonymous said...

I don't even like his act, it sucks. Who is this basket mouth where you have the likes of Ali Baba, I go die, Omobaba or Seyi Law? The other time he was making some useless joke about al-Qaeda which didn't go down well with his audience. These guys allow little fame go into their heads. This is Nigeria, where the sun can rise in the middle of the night. So, mister basket, you're there today and you may wake up tomorrow to discover your roof is licking. Be wise, humility is a virtue, cultivate it.

sakara said...

enough said d good, d bad & d basket mouth...anon8.30 u r right no fans no celebs...f u lose them u r so fnished...change ur ways pride comes b4 destruction...abo oro

Anonymous said...

@ ANON 9:47AM

He's very arrogant indeed. He doesnt send 'fans' at all. Only on stage, anything after that its too much for him. Yes, his PR are the same people who handle wande cola naked pix fiasco when they tried to deny it wasnt real blah blah and it turned out to be very real because he messed with the wrong girl who put him on blast. Big Sam are also the same stupid PR company who handle Omotola in trying to deny her sordid affairs. and i can tell you categorically as someone in the know, that woman has been cheating on her husband for many many years (and he has been cheating on her too). if it wasnt that these people we call celebs are seen in the media they would be touts and runs girls i tell you. Many if not all did not finish school, name them and check their background especially the 'younger ones'. in regards to basketmouth, the marriage ceremony came up suddenly after mnay leaks of his infidelity and nonsense affairs all over the world (america and UK). Some personal explicit emails were made public, detailing his awful fake relationship with his then babymother elsie, a month or so later there were announcements of weddings all over the media and blogs. Elsie had been waiting for years to get married, forced pregnancy on him that didnt work until finally the tarnish image did the trick. who knows it might have been elsie herself who publicised them. Basket and his people now worked over time announcing every step of the wedding, the honeymoon etc to make him look good as if him and elsie had been together happily for 7 years which is an absolute lie. Ive known and heard of the girls hes been with during that supposed time he was suppose to be 'madly in love' with elsie. He married her quickly after the news broke out to save face publicly and his endorsements. any more questions, happy to answer!

Anonymous said...

I loved as much as you'll receive carried out right here. The sketch is attractive, your authored material stylish. nonetheless, you command get got an edginess over that you wish be delivering the following. unwell unquestionably come further formerly again as exactly the same nearly a lot often inside case you shield this hike.

Feel free to visit my webpage ... all type of games loved by childrends

Recent Posts