Dora Akunyili debunks erecting N150m home on NAFDAC land | Welcome to Linda Ikeji's Blog

LI_Leaderboard_4

LI_Leaderboard_1

LI_Leaderboard_2

LI_Leaderboard_3

Wednesday 24 August 2011

Dora Akunyili debunks erecting N150m home on NAFDAC land

There were reports recently alleging that Former NAFDAC Boss, Mrs Dora Akunyili, built a N150million home on a portion of land the Agulu community of Anambra state gave to NAFDAC during her tenure. (Read it here if you missed it). Well Mrs Akunyili says it's not true. Here's what she told reporters
How can I tarnish my reputable image by snatching pieces of land that do not belong to me? Even if I want to steal, would it be land? That land was Agulu dump site three quarters away. And do you know that the Agulu land was given to NAFDAC because of me? NAFDAC did not pay a kobo. Why would I steal from it? If I'd wanted to steal $1million every day in NAFDAC, I would have made it without blinking an eye. How much does land cost that I would now acquire another man's own? And you know land to my people is like oil. You can't take their land because you are rich. They have to either willingly give it to you or you pay for it. You can't just grab it without their consent.
 Well, that's it then!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

...who knws whether u ar tellin d truth.

Adebola said...

I think they should leave this woman alone. Ha! Nigerians always looking for scape goats. There are still criminals in high places that needs all this attention.

1976AD.com said...

Wow @

"If I'd wanted to steal $1million every day in NAFDAC, I would have made it without blinking an eye. "

SMH

Anonymous said...

Madam pls kindly provide document(like c of o) to proof the allegation is false.
If u aided NAFDAC in securing the land, must u now corner part of the land to urself ??
You're a politician and you lot milk the masses dry with ur sweet mouths.Im still confused the allegation is true until u provide document.

Chi said...

What she said makes sense. I'm from Anambra and married in Anambra, both places are all near Agulu and so similar culture in regards to land acquisition. My papa's people dont play with land o. In Agulu of all places, if Akunyili wanted land in her mother's place (Agulu), she could have easily paid someone for it. For NAFDAC to even get land, then know definitely its because of her. Again a typical Anambra man will not give up his land like that without fight or without you paying good money for it.
I dont know Dora but I can tell you this much.

Agulu is a big village and not a city, like Awka, so most land still belong to families and not government.

Anonymous said...

Funny, I don't see her eyes blinking.

Anonymous said...

she did 'not take land'..ok.

did she build that house?

is the house on the land shown in picture her own?

kkdlegend said...

am from ekwulobia anambra state 5mins drive to agulu. What she said right there is totally true. That woman has done grt 4 the ppl of dat comunity the last time i was there they dnt speak ill abt her so guys leave her alone please b4 i vex.

Recent Posts