Presidential candidate, Mrs Ebiti Ononyom Ndok, remanded in prison over dud cheques | Welcome to Linda Ikeji's Blog

LI_Leaderboard_4

LI_Leaderboard_1

LI_Leaderboard_2

LI_Leaderboard_3

Saturday 9 April 2011

Presidential candidate, Mrs Ebiti Ononyom Ndok, remanded in prison over dud cheques

Barely few hours to the general elections, the presidential candidate of the United National Party for Development (UNPD), Chief (Mrs.) Ebiti Ononyom Ndok, may miss the elections as she has been arrested and remanded in the Maximum Prison in Keffi, Nasarawa State, for issuing dud cheques to two hotels in Abuja.

Ndok was arraigned by the FCT Police command before the chief magistrate’s court, Karu on Thursday for issuing a N1, 050,000 dud cheque to Onnyx Hotel and Apartment, Abuja, where she lodged between November 20, 2010 and January 27, 2011 when she was ejected by the hotel management.

She also allegedly issued another dud cheque to Hilton Suites, Abuja for the sum of N500, 000.
The court had ordered that she should be remanded in prison custody till April 19, when the matter would come up for hearing.
The presidential candidate had lodged at the Onnyx Hotel and issued the cheque, which was not honoured by the bank.

The police arrested her after her participation in the last presidential debate. A source said: “The police wanted to pick her immediately after the progamme, but they consider certain things. Instead, the police trailed her and she was picked the following day.”

The Federal Capital Territory police public relations officer, Moshood Jimoh, confirmed that the UNPD presidential candidate was docked for issuing dud cheques to two hotels, in breach of the law.
Jimoh said: “I can confirm that Ndok was arraigned for issuing fake cheques in breach of the law. She was interrogated and a prima facie case was established against her, leading to her arraignment on Thursday.”

Source: Sunnewsonline

11 comments:

OloriSupergal said...

WHAT A SHAME!!!

Anonymous said...

Linda,I can't view ur blog fully on my bb,ur adverts block the pictures and the main stories. Pls what do I do coz am missin a whole out.

Anonymous said...

Linda its time to go mobile hun(like 360 nobs)...Keep up the good work.

brown said...

Haba woman its not by force na
I know its not easy to raise money for campaign
Maybe it means youre not meAnt to be a politician

Anonymous said...

Don't know if she did commit the crime she is accused of but what I do know is that the timing of her arrest is a bit convenient to say the least!

Peter said...

hmmmmm... some few women do send bad signals about women in Nigeria. And they said 35% affirmation for women..
I just hope she will not be found guilty.
No wonder the saying "what a man can do a woman can do better!"

"I dey afraid of some women oh!!"

doll (retired blogger) said...

cant view your blog on my bb as well. instead of seeing the post, we see the side adverts magnified

blazing said...

This is not time for passing judgement. Ebiti Ndok is one strong individual that I dont believe would do this. They need to carry out thorough investigation.

@ Peter: before you talk of bad signal. Do you not consider this to be a little too convenient. She is a bold and focus person and now, this scandal... something is wrong somewhere!

The Activist said...

I am not sure if this allegation is true. Looks like a set up to me!

Anonymous said...

I am writing this post from the UK. I was born in Nigeria and left with my family when I was young. I am sad to say that I have never been back to Nigeria. My life was so focused in the U.K I had become westernized due to coming to England at a very young. In the last two years I have longed to come back to my roots and find out as much as possible about my beautiful Country. I became more inspired when I came across the story of Ebiti Ndok. WHAT AN INSPIRATION she is to us women. It is encouraging to know that there are people who are fighting for the betterment of Nigeria for the young generation growing up in Nigeria. My mind heart and soul has never been so glued to Nigeria than ever before and it has inspired me to do my bit for my county in any way I can as Nigeria is truly my home God bless Nigeria

Anonymous said...

Smear the paste on your entire face, avoiding your eyes of course, and allow it to sit for 15 minutes.
Dandelion needs to be be avoided by individuals with known allergy to honey, chamomile, chrysanthemums,
yarrow, feverfew, ragweed, sunflower or daisies.
It might be applied to minor and medium cases but
is best suited with severe acne. Microtia can demonstrate an inherited
pattern among several family members though the specific
genes resulting in the problem may stop identified by science.


My web blog: acne scar solution

Recent Posts