'I don't fancy warming the bench for Chelsea' - Super Eagles defender Kenneth Omeruo states | Welcome to Linda Ikeji's Blog

LI_Leaderboard_4

LI_Leaderboard_1

LI_Leaderboard_2

LI_Leaderboard_3

Thursday 13 July 2017

'I don't fancy warming the bench for Chelsea' - Super Eagles defender Kenneth Omeruo states

Chelsea defender, Kenneth Omeruo, who has been on loan away from the club for the last four seasons has revealed that he would fancy playing for another club this season rather than be on the Chelsea bench.

According to Omeruo, he won't risk playing a bit-part role for Chelsea this season as the World Cup is almost one year away, and he doesn't mind playing in a Turkish club.
Omeruo also had kind words for Carl Ikeme, Super Eagles goalkeeper who was diagnosed and hospitalized last week for acute leukemia.
"I really can't say for now if I will be going back to Turkey, but definitely Greece is out of it," Omeruo said in a chat with Completesportsnigeria.com.

"There's a chance for me to stay, but I don't fancy a bench role.' said Omeruo who has had loan spells at Ado Den Haag, Middlesbrough, Kasimpasa and Alanyspor The world Cup is one year away and I must be playing regularly to feature in the Nigeria squad."
I love playing in Turkey and I know most of our players moving to the Turkish League will enjoy it," he said. 
"People might criticize their move to Turkey,  but believe me, playing regularly in a decent league like the Turkish Super League will help such players individually and the senior national team.Carl is greatly missed already , and I'm confident he will be back stronger."

No comments:

Recent Posts