THE WORST THING ABOUT WEST AFRICAN IDOL. | Welcome to Linda Ikeji's Blog

LI_Leaderboard_4

LI_Leaderboard_1

LI_Leaderboard_2

LI_Leaderboard_3

Tuesday 13 March 2007

THE WORST THING ABOUT WEST AFRICAN IDOL.

The worst thing about West Africa Idol I think is the presenter, Magical Michael or Mike Magic or whatever his name is. No offence but I don't think this guy qualifies to present something so big...they should have gotten a more professional presenter who has been doing this for so long. Someone with a better accent, who can read from a teleprompter and not make it obvious, someone who can ask intelligent questions and have a comeback to everything said. All he has is good looks and that's not good enough. I'm sorry but that's how I feel about it.

I heard Dare Art Alade was their first choice but he turned it down because of the pay. He said it was too small. Then he changed his mind and wanted the job, but it was too late. They had already given it to MikeMagic.

Seriously, I think they should drop MikeMagic...and the female 'it doesn't work for me' judge from Ghana. Girl, you don't work for me either, sorry!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

i have to disagree with you girl.. not fair at all, if anyone shd go its dede,dan and nana..those three SUCK!!! as for mike majic, i think he's holding it down fairly well. he does speak too badly, at least he isnt fakin his accent too obviously. i like him, not bad on the eyes either!!:-) dare isn't the beginnin and end of entertainment in this country! nuf said!

Ariyike said...

I have been trying to find a video clip of that mike majic presenting dont think theres any... hes hot though..that woman on the other hand needs to gooooo..jeez..she doesnt give any constructive advice..just sits there..no offence though

jane iwuno meadows said...

Am i the only one missing out on this?, anyway, Dare is not my cup of tea.

Anonymous said...

I think his accent is nice!!! Better than faking one weofully.

Anonymous said...

I think its a good thing for poeple other than Dare to be given a chance so I'd say well done to michael. But on the flipside its high time people got paid properly for their creativity. If thats the reason Dare turned it down then its valid. He may have had other things to do as well. The judges are not the best but they are the ones we're forced to watch on t.v. Whatever the case is, Idols west africa is a step closer to the top for Nigerian Entertainment.

Anonymous said...

Dare Art Alade would have done a superb Job of presenting/hosting or judging the talent on West African Idols. He's earned his stripes. Nuff said.

Unknown said...

Linda, I agree with you 100%
I think we have lots of better presenters other than Mike Magic. In my opinion, Mike is too mechanical (like he's acting out a script). When I first saw his pictures on the idols site, I thought he would be very good but when I watched, I was kind of disappointed. As per Dare, I'm not sure of his MCing skills either ... don't know.
Nana could be so annoying and at times I wonder if she really "knows" music. She's not "Werking fer" me too. lol

Recent Posts