'My husband wants to die in my arms': Celine Dion | Welcome to Linda Ikeji's Blog

LI_Leaderboard_4

LI_Leaderboard_1

LI_Leaderboard_2

LI_Leaderboard_3

Tuesday 25 August 2015

'My husband wants to die in my arms': Celine Dion

Céline Dion explains that her return to Las Vegas is part of her duties to take care of ailing husband René Angélil, who continues to battle throat cancer. When the iconic singer announced she would be going on hiatus from her Las Vegas residency because her hubby's health had taken a turn again, fans didn't know whether she would return to the stage or not.

Luckily, Dion recently revealed that she's decided to take the stage at Caesars Palace, because "my biggest job is to tell my husband, we're fine. I'll take care of our kids. You'll watch us from another spot," she tells USA Today during an emotional interview.

Dion says she resorts to being strong in times like these, but sometimes Angélil "needs something more sensitive than that, more than just positivity. Sometimes he just wants me to enter into a different place with him."

She continues, "I'll say, 'You're scared? I understand. Talk to me about it.' And René says to me, 'I want to die in your arms.' OK, fine, I'll be there, you'll die in my arms."

By her side throughout her career has been her former manager and husband, 73, who is also the person who encouraged her to return to the stage at Caesar's Palace come Aug. 27.

"That first show, it will be fragile," she says. "There will be moments of emptiness, laughter, awkwardness, tearing up. But that's the point of coming back—otherwise, I just release an album."

Dion also explains that her return to Sin City isn't so much for the performing as it is to show Angélil that she has his back.
"When you see someone who is fighting so hard, it has a big impact on you," she says. "You have two choices. You look at your husband who's very sick and you can't help, and it kills you. Or you look at your husband that's sick and you say, 'I got you. I got it. I'm here. It's going to be just fine.'
"You can have your shaking knees at the end, but when someone you love falls and needs help, it's not time to cry," she adds. "Afterwards, sure. But not yet."


USA Today

56 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy family.. I love Celine Dion

Unknown said...

Such positivity! May God be with you Celine

Unknown said...

For window blinds, wallpaper and curtains please call 08160856785.

aproko manager said...

I fear who nor fear dis love oo

Unknown said...

I just love dis couple.Dey r steadfast in their love.Wish d hubby speedy recovery i Jesus name.Amen!!!

DADDYSWIFE said...

Eyah.i feel so much for her.she hs bn my greatest celebrity so crazy abt her songs.ur hubby is healed in Jesus name amen!
#nothankyoui'llratherbeselfmade

Unknown said...

Her words are sooooo emotional. . Wow.. I mean,"when someone you love falls, its not time to cry"... Wise words

OSINANL said...

This is what is called marriage

Unknown said...

Lovu eeee

Star said...

I miss this woman

Unknown said...

Pls sing prayer and immorality to him. There is healing in music and faith

Angela Paul said...

How sweet of celine!

I B M bolubantin said...

That's one good wife...keep been strong for him

Unknown said...

Awwwn





Discover a new world of opportunities with Life changing group. Our objective is to achieve total wellness and financial empowerment of individuals who have that drive for success. Follow us on instagram @flp_africa for details.


Unknown said...

Our long lost Nigerian superstar Celina Odion.

Anonymous said...

I just love dis woman. I learnt alot from dis words of hers.

Unknown said...

Awww she iss such a strong woman!

Unknown said...

Awww!! The greatest couple have ever come to know!!

Unknown said...

a.k.a EDWIN CHINEDU AZUBUKO said..
.
This woman really love her husband shah..
.
.
***CURRENTLY IN JUPITER***

ary said...

Awww

Anonymous said...

Bad wife

Pro promisepompom@yahoo.com said...

Mature singer not always on the news for rubbish issues. May God grant your husband quick recovery HE alone can do allllll things. Can't wait to see your music again Mrs celine love u loads.


That vuvuzela P guy

Unknown said...

The icon herself good to still hear about her

Unknown said...

The icon herself good to still hear about her

Unknown said...

Strong woman strong words
.

Unknown said...

E ya, God wl take perfect control

Trendyify said...

Touching


























it is well

CHRIS SKYE said...

My DION

Unknown said...

Very emotional. May God strengthen you and heal your hubby.

Anonymous said...

Celine dear. God will heal him and reduce the pain as you have healed a lot of us with ur voice.

SWILL MARTIN said...

Mheeeeen I love dis kind looove no veeex!

Unknown said...

Issokay!!

Unknown said...

Will always love u celine...


***dahenriez***

Unknown said...

Will always love u celine...


***dahenriez***

Unknown said...

Eeeeeeeeeyah! All the best to them. Linda take note!

Unknown said...

Eeeeeeeeeyah! All the best to them. Linda take note!

Unknown said...

I wish u all d best love

Unknown said...

Eeya she should stay strong, God will see them thru!!!

Anonymous said...

Awwwwwww celi celi long time no see.

Unknown said...

That's a real woman talking

Unknown said...

I love this couple....

Unknown said...

That's a real woman talking

Eucheria said...

t
his is really a trying time for Dion. God see her through

Anonymous said...

Hubby healed in Jesus name? That's not possible because he doesn't believe in Jesus. He believes in Satan...

Unknown said...

God c her through

Unknown said...

Quite a sad moment for her. It is well.












#TeamBlessed#

Unknown said...

Quite a sad moment for her. It is well.












#TeamBlessed#

Anonymous said...

ONYX we know u sabi write grammar well well. What next? I like you all the same

Anonymous said...

Like u sang in ur early hits! Its d power of love

Anonymous said...

So torching, What a virtuous woman you are Celine. The Balm of Gilead will heal him. Be strong dear.

LA' SUNSHINE said...

Aww *teary* God will see you through celine.

Anonymous said...

Eya

Unknown said...

She can never go rong in ma eyes....eya

Unknown said...

hehehehehehehe no gree for am o

Unknown said...

I feel so sorry for her. Seeing the man you love having terminal illness

Unknown said...

Weldone woman

Recent Posts