Our lives are in danger, Billionaire kidnapper, Evans' victims cry out | Welcome to Linda Ikeji's Blog

LI_Leaderboard_4

LI_Leaderboard_1

LI_Leaderboard_2

LI_Leaderboard_3

Wednesday 28 June 2017

Our lives are in danger, Billionaire kidnapper, Evans' victims cry out

Some victims of the notorious kidnap kingpin, Chukwudumeje Onwuamadike “Evans”, have expressed fears that their lives may be in danger considering that there are members of his gang and people loyal to him who are yet to be arrested.

Chief Donatus Dunu, one of Evans' victims who escaped from the Igando hideout after plans were made to kill him, condemned the release of his worker, Emeka Egbulugha, who he claimed supplied inside information that led to his kidnap. 
 
Another victim, who spoke under the condition of anonymity, said he was held by the abductors for six months and still lives with the trauma. He added that since his release, he keeps a low profile. 

He said: “I am yet to get over the shock of my kidnap. Honestly, I am afraid to talk about it because I believe a lot of his members are still walking free. The police have done well by arresting him but they should round up all his other gang members.

“I was detained for six months until my family paid the last dime demanded. I have been hiding since my release. I know the trauma Evans and his members put me through. Till this day, I get scared when his name is mentioned. It took me two months before I could sign my cheque.

“Now, I heard that criminal is begging for forgiveness and that people are even campaigning for his release. Has he forgotten the damage he did to my family and many others? The police should please ensure his other members walking free are caught. That’s the only way I can feel safe.”

Dunu, the owner of Maydon Pharmaceutical Company, Ilupeju, Lagos, said the release of Emeka and a couple of others has placed his life and those of his family members in danger. He insisted that he saw Emeka at the kidnappers' den in Igando, when he was kept there as a victim for over two months. 

He said: “Nobody should have allowed those suspected workers in my company to be granted bail in any guise because I have evidence of the active participation of, particularly, Emeka, my pharmacist. Releasing him has worsened my plight and that of my family.

“Why should police release Emeka, the chief accomplice in my kidnap? I not only heard his voice while in captivity, but saw him there few days after my kidnap. He came asking them where I was kept. When they showed him, he opened the door where they kept me in chains and our eyes met. Though I was blindfolded, I was about eating when I heard his voice and I normally remove the blind. That was how I saw him and I had the greatest shock of my life.

“He was always there with my abductors. His voice is unmistakable to me having stayed with him since 2003. The man in charge of the den, Uche, whom he claimed he does not know, speaks the same dialect with him. He is the person Emeka met each time he visited. There was also another member of the gang who spoke the Abakaliki dialect of Yoruba and I don’t know whether those arrested have confessed about his whereabouts to the police.

“I have a strong feeling that Uche and Emeka are from the same town because they speak the same dialect. Those guarding me were initially two. When the Abakaliki man travelled on Easter Monday, they brought another person to replace him. That one is very sick because he was coughing constantly. I knew that the Abakaliki man travelled because I heard Emeka discussing with Uche, asking whether he had travelled and Uche said, yes.

“That same Easter Monday, I overheard Emeka and Uche saying “We will kill him.  We have no alternative until chairman comes back.”

“Two weeks after, chairman came back and I knew whenever he visited because they shut all the doors and switch on the generator perhaps, to stifle their discussions.  His visit did not last more than 10 minutes and that was the first and only time he came to the den while I was there.  That same night, the Abakaliki man brought noodle for my dinner.

“He told me to eat so that I will have enough energy to face ‘us at the canal.’ They later told me that canal is where they use to ‘bath’ their captives and I concluded that it means where they killed their victims. I was made to understand that the Abakaliki man is the one that would kill me if chairman gives the order.

“That was when I realised the killing they were discussing with Emeka was about to take place.  Earlier, I thought that the killing they were discussing must be probably another person. But after this canal; discussion, I now knew that I was their target.  After that, I overheard Emeka again, about two weeks later, discussing with Uche saying ‘If they want to kill him, they should kill him.  In fact, kill him.’

“Then, their last discussion was on Wednesday before my escape on Friday. I heard Emeka again asking whether they had killed me. They said no, it was going to be Friday night. That was when I concluded that it was all over.”

The Nation reports that when asked if he had any disagreement with Emeka before his kidnap, Dunu said the only thing he remembered was making some adjustments after he suspected Emeka was fleecing him.

He said: “I suspected that he and some of my boys were stealing goods from my warehouse and I made changes, which I suspect did not favour him. I strongly suspect that this must be his motive to connive with those kidnappers.  In fact, before my abduction, we had a meeting with a foreign partner and I remember vividly that during one of my telephone conversations with their chairman whom I suspect is Evans, he asked me who the two ladies in my office were the same day I was kidnapped.

“Emeka came to the office that same day and those ladies were with me.  Why did the chairman ask that question? Who told him that I was with two ladies in my office? These are the unanswered questions police should have asked.

“Secondly, my kidnappers told me that they have a group picture of my staff which we took last January.  We use to meet every January and all the sales representatives including Emeka attended. They also claimed they went to take inventory of the goods in my warehouse. Yes, they did but we are still auditing to know whether goods were missing or not.

“Even, an account opening document was found in Emeka’s official car before he was taken to the anti-kidnapping unit after his arrest.  Emeka was the only visitor that came to the den while I was there. He was not an ordinary friend to those that guarded me.

“I feel so bad that the police allowed the court to set him free thereby endangering my life. I don’t think the police carried out a thorough investigation after the so-called identification parade which was simply a charade. I am calling on the police authorities to do the needful by re-arresting Emeka and investigating him thoroughly.”

The police have explained why Emeka and a couple of other kidnappers were released.

Deputy Commissioner of Police, Administration, Dansuki Galandashi, said  Emeka and two others, Kingsley and Tochukwu, were arrested and charged to court on May 17. The suspects, he said, were remanded in prison custody before court granted them bail on June 23.

“Before they were granted bail, Evans was arrested. We did an identification parade and they said they did not know Evans. Evans also claimed not to know any of them. “Since the Inspector-General of Police (IGP’s) creed is to inspire openness, we had no choice than to charge the case to court. The court looked at the evidences and released the suspects. The police did not release them, the court did,” Galandashi said.

25 comments:

Anonymous said...

How could they have released that Emeka guy. He has the same level of criminal responsibility for the crime as much as Evans and all his gang members. Chief Duru's life could certainly be in danger considering that the initial plan was to terminate the Chief's life. to prevent him from identifying Emeka to the police.

EX PRESIDENT'S WIFE said...

Why did they release the Emeka guy they shud rearrest him since d man feels so strongly abt Emeka and thorough investigation be carried out

Anonymous said...

Only identification parade? its a pity we are not advanced to check for finger prints

Anonymous said...

If you are 100% sure emeka was there,then your life is not safe.As it stands the ball is in your court.kidnap the guy and murder him. He showed his face to you because he believed you won't get out alive

Unknown said...

This case of Evans has been handled very badly by Nigeria Police. It should have remain hide profile case, all investigation done away from public eyes.

I know it will only be a matter of time un-till some of the victims get hurt due to the othere members of Evans gang are still at large. Nigeria Police learn from your mistakes.

Anonymous said...

Shut ur mouth up. D court, police & evans discharged d said Emeka.

Williams said...

How could they have released that Emeka guy. He has the same level of criminal responsibility for the crime as much as Evans and all his gang members. Chief Duru's life

click here now for penis enlargement

could certainly be in danger considering that the initial plan was to terminate the Chief's life. to prevent him from identifying Emeka to the police.

Unknown said...

If police did a thorough investigation, there will definitely be an evidence Dt will connect them to d kidnapper, is not by just mere asking both accused if they know each other.

Anonymous said...

Dunu mentioned only Emeka. Why did the police add two other names (Tochukwu and another) to confuse the magistrate courts? why was a matter with this kind of magnitude brought before an ordinary magistrate court? do they have jurisdiction to handle a case like this? the police is a joker.. they should go and learn how to investigate from the whites. if they dont present the Evans case well, Evans will walk away a free man!

Anonymous said...

Canal? only God knows how many people are in that canal

Anonymous said...

That is why you see jungle justice everywhere as the Ikorodu people did to the baddo guy.....God help Emeka if people see his pix....he'll end in jungle justice....i'll even assist!!!!

Unknown said...

Yeye dey smell for here. Why una no release Nnamdi Kanu when court give am bail? But una go release criminal

Unknown said...

Based on what the victim has said,I don't see the reason why Emeka was release,he is as guilty as Evans,in fact twice guilty because he is always agitating for the killing of the victim,they need to re-arrest him and conduct a proper investigation on him

Mr 47 said...

Indeed Igbos are demon. Tag a igbo demon everyone

Anonymous said...

His word against his employee's (Emeka). I would like to think the Police covered all the bases before he was released. Our police and prosecution rarely inspire confidence. There are basic forms that must be observed and facts ascertained i.e his whereabouts at the time(s) stated by the victim, establishing whether he had an airtight alibi (irrefutable proof that he was someplace else during the victim's incarceration), amongst other things. The police have not given any detailed explanation, other than the fact that Evans and his associate(s) denied ever having met the accused. No one can tell whether he is guilty or the victim is mistaken (hey, it happens). It is up to the police to get to the bottom of this. They must, however, be commended for apprehending Evans though. it was no mean feat.

Anonymous said...

But if Evans knows Emeka he wouldn't hv said he doesn't...

Anonymous said...

It is good Mr Donatus Dunu keeps coming out with more Lies as details as this will help Prove this case faster. Since I ready this in the Vanguard Newspaper, I have been full of Joy as he forgets that most of the Claims he is making can be verified. This his lasted accusation has help put to rest to some close kin men who did not really believe. Mr. Donatus Dunu is a rituralist and one of the most wicked employer in Nigeria. He Specializes in settling his Boys that serve him and frame up his Staff that has worked with him a long time so as to not settle them or Pay them of when the retire.
Evens has never mentioned these Boys in all his confessional Statement, Evens has given the name of the Person that gave him the Job, Evens and his gangs could not Identify any of them when they Paraded them before evens and his gangs, All their Call Log and Analysis did not have anything to do with Evens or his gangs, Their bank account those not also show they have Money or got money of large sum that was paid into it. Voice and call analysis from Evens Phone and that of his boys did not connect them in any way. A search at their house did not link them to the Crime. Stock taking in Mr Dontus Dunu’s warehouse where he claimed that these boys Looted good worth of N7Million and trial Load showed that not a single goods was missing.
He want the Police to manufacture Evidence and incriminate Innocent Boys, but God was watching and perfecting to Expose Mr Dunu for who he is and Evens was caught. From Evens and Police report from the First Day they caught him, Evens mode of operation makes it impossible for Emeka to know the camp for his victims as he revealed that he has Three team, one that identify and monitor the Victim, one that does the Kidnap and the one that keeps the victims. Each team do not know each other and the next line of Action. So there was no way Emeka as an informant as claimed by Dunu would have known the Camp not to talk of Visiting it.

Anonymous said...

Dear Bloggers and Newsmen, It will not hurt if you dared to be a little different from Each Other and stop doing Copy and Paste in all the News you carry. Let me Enlighten You as regards The Wickedness of Mr Dunu of Maydon Pharmaceutical who was kidnapped by Evens and His Gangs and his accused Staffs Pharm Emeka, Bro Kingsley and Tochukwu.
Evens has never mentioned Pharm Emeka in any of his confessional Statement and so is his Other Gang Members that held Mr. Dunu in the Igando Camp of Evens, where Dunu claimed he heard Pharm Emeka's Voice and Later Changed it that he saw him when the Police advise him to withdraw the case after Investigation and saw that Emeka was not connected in any way to the Kidnap and that they Cannot Prosecute on that he heard familiar Voice of his Staff.
Mr Dunu is not a Pharmacist, He is just a trade and is using Pharm Emeka’s License to do Pharmaceutical Business. His Plan is to use this opportunity to rope him in and continue to use his license without Paying. Secondly He Specializes in setting up his Staffs and Boys that Serve Him so that he will not settle them, when the staff are ready to move on or the Boys are due for Settlement. One of the Boys Tochukwu that he tried to rope inn in this case by saying that he and Pharm Emeka Conspired to Loot his Warehouse while he was kidnapped have served him for 9 Years and is due for Settlement. The other guy Kingsley has worked with him for over 5 Years and will get good pay off when he wants to leave the company. Some of the Staff he has given the Same Treatment before now are Pharmacist Olayitun and Pharmacist Dimgba that are of most recent, you can confirm this from Pharmaceutical Council of Nigeria. He has over 15 Case in Police and Court with his formal Staffs, Boys and Business Associates. He even said it that he thought it was People that he had case with that came to Kill him as he has many Cases that he is involved with.
For All the Fake Journalist, that Will not find out the through Picture of things and only take Money and Report one sided Story, Shame on You. God has used the Capture of Evens to Expose the Wickedness of Mr. Dunu, His Wife and Other Colleagues of Pharm Emeka who are Jealous of his exploit in the Company and the Unprofessionalism of Majority of Nigerian Journalist who without getting Money from you will not carry your Story. As Mr Dunu rightly said Pharm Emeka Joined the Company as a Sales Rep and quickly rose to Superintendent Pharmacist in the Company. If he was bad as he is now claiming that he Started owing by not paying for Drugs He collected, how come he Promoted him so Fast. Secondly he said he heard Pharm Emeka asking his kidnappers where the Kept Him and he Mr Dunu looked and saw Pharm Emeka and Pharm Emeka Shrouded, if you are in the Same Place with someone will you be asking Where the Person is? The answer is No because you are with the Person. For Confused People who will be saying that one of Evens Gang Member that held Mr Dunu in Igando Camp is Emeka and Must be this Pharm Emeka, You are Wrong like Mr Dunu as I hear some people are already pleading that due to his state of mind he might have over heard the name Emeka and think it’s Pharm Emeka. Ike Emeka and Pharm Emeka Egbulugha is not the Same Persons.
God Answered the Prayer of His People, and will not let Innocent good Persons waste because of the Greed of one man and Jealousy of People He has helped in the Office. Pharm Emeka is a good Man who does not hesitate to give and help whoever he can help anywhere he finds himself and no one can take this away from Him. The Prayer of People of God demystified Evens and His Gangs and Vindicated Pharm Emeka, Bro Kingsley and Tochukwu and Exposed Mr Donatus Dunu for who he Truly is.

Anonymous said...

Anything is possible in Nigeria never trust a uniform man in Nigeria once money is involved...nuel

Anonymous said...

Are u Emeka 'S wife?

Anonymous said...

I don't understand what u mean by settling? Is it after 5 years people get settled? Not 30years? U sound bitter. I don't believe u

Anonymous said...

Shut up u r a kidnapper, murderer

Anonymous said...

@ Anonymous that asked if i am the Wife, No I am not but someone who has worked with them. You also went to understand what is Settling, it was error in typing i meant Setting them Up with False accusations so that He will not Settle them and it does not take 30yrs to settle someone that has served you. How many years the Person will serve under you is agreed from day one and in most cases it is between 5 to 10 Years. Tochukwu has served him for 9 Years and is Due for Settlement. And sorry I do not sound bitter like you by Calling one names without facts like you. I can see how active you've been on this Post, and i am sure you are Dunu's Younger Brother that has being using this to get money from him by collecting huge money and running to the Press to buy them and pass out fake information. But this is one case that Money can not buy for you because God is involved and you have touched his anointed. If Mr Dunu is so sure of what he is saying what he would have done is to get a lawyer to pursue his case and not on the pages of Newspaper and Blogs. If not that Nigeria is a place that the Law is upside down, is innocent until proven guilty, and not guilty till proven innocent. You prove someone guilty with facts and not on allegations that is not founded. If he says that He saw Emeka and their are evidence that Emeka was never in that Area throughout his Capture and every other claim he made was discovered to be false why should they keep holding them.

Unknown said...

nawa o!
why did they release the emeka man?
-D great anonymous now as Vivian Reginalds

Unknown said...

Enough of these Evans shit abeg..

Recent Posts