President Buhari saddened by death of football fans in Calabar | Welcome to Linda Ikeji's Blog

LI_Leaderboard_4

LI_Leaderboard_1

LI_Leaderboard_2

LI_Leaderboard_3

Saturday 22 April 2017

President Buhari saddened by death of football fans in Calabar

President Muhammadu Buhari is shocked and saddened by the tragic event that took the lives of thirty  Nigerians at a football viewing centre in Calabar, Cross River State, Thursday night
The President expressed his sadness in a press statement issued by his Senior Special Assistant on Media & Publicity, Garba Shehu on Friday in Abuja.
The President commiserates with the government and people of Cross River State, and football fans nationwide over the unfortunate incident.

President Buhari commends the State Government for the prompt action in setting up a commission of inquiry into the incident, and its offer of assistance to the victims and their families.

The President offers his deepest condolences to the family and friends of the mostly young victims, whose sudden demise is a big blow not only to their families, but also to the football-loving nation.

He prays that God Almighty will grant the souls of the departed eternal rest and comfort all who mourn their irreparable loss.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was a tragedy and one of dana aircraft almost crashed yesterday. May God deliver us from evil.

Dupsy B said...

As if he cares. RIP dear ones

Anonymous said...

Abegi... Saddened indeed. He should resign and go to his 🐈 farm.

Unknown said...

inukwa saddened!
-D great anonymous now as Vivian Reginalds

CHERYL (aka FROM GLORY to GLORY) said...

But is still silent over Fulani killings. I hail u Mr president


Long live LIB

Unknown said...

Shuuu...where is he presently mbok? Where him stay send d condolence? I suppose it's one of d president in d presidency talking.

Anonymous said...

Somebody should help me please I need help of 18,500naira to complete my rent. My salary has not be paid for 3months and my landlord has given me 2weeks to pay or pack out I've been owing for over 5months. Please I need help. Nnenne.nnenne@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

Somebody should help me please I need help of 18,500naira to complete my rent. My salary has not be paid for 3months and my landlord has given me 2weeks to pay or pack out I've been owing for over 5months. Nnenne.nnenne@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

I wonder if they never had TV in their houses their death was as an act of joblessness

#D¬T3fL0n said...

U r certainly a dimwit, "u cannot even digest an info before spitting trash out of ur gullet" I certainly won't waste my time saying anything to u.. U obviously will not understand #numbskull

Ejyksneh Morphla said...

U re a big fool!! I wish u re beside me nw so I can pour u acid so u'll die nd stop occupying useful space on earth.....is it everybody in nigeria dat has T.v? Is it everybody in Nigeria dat has light in their home? Fool! Is it everybody in nigeria dat has cable? U need to die before 2mao evening so u'll also taste death

Ejyksneh Morphla said...

U re a big fool!! I wish u re beside me nw so I can pour u acid so u'll die nd stop occupying useful space on earth.....is it everybody in nigeria dat has T.v? Is it everybody in Nigeria dat has light in their home? Fool! Is it everybody in nigeria dat has cable? U need to die before 2mao evening so u'll also taste death

Anonymous said...

It's obvious from your comment that your brain doesn't function properly...you don't think at all..

Anonymous said...

Woah @ejyksneh that's super harsh. Adding curses on top.... Common this cyber bullying troll has gotta stop LIB.
Could you do some editing before approval. So much hate comments being made. Pour acid, wishing death, Haba.

Unknown said...

Only if #he had common sense it should have prevented this comment

Recent Posts