Gang Rape: LASU student and friend arrested for raping waitress | Welcome to Linda Ikeji's Blog

LI_Leaderboard_4

LI_Leaderboard_1

LI_Leaderboard_2

LI_Leaderboard_3

Sunday 9 October 2011

Gang Rape: LASU student and friend arrested for raping waitress

Left: Shola Owolabi, Right Tayo Adewale
The Festac Police Command two days ago paraded Olusola Owolabi, a 200-level LASU student and his friend Tayo Adewale,19, as alleged rapists.

According to the story, on Saturday Oct 1 2011, Sola lured Sandy to his house after telling her he had good news for her concerning her job search. He and his friend then threatened her with a knife and raped her. Sola then took nude photos of Sandy and threatened to put the nude photos on Facebook if Sandy told anyone about the rape. Unfazed by his threat, Sandy reported at Festac Police station. The two boys were arrested two days later

Read full story after the cut...



Sandy was not subjected to the physical smear of being gang-violated for upward four hours alone; she also reportedly suffered psychological trauma as the alleged principal culprit in the act, Owolabi, allegedly took her Unclad pictures threatening to have them pasted on her social network (facebook) page if she told anyone of the incident. Sandy, who is reportedly currently out of job after being fired from the hotel she worked, claimed she knew Owolabi in the hotel she once worked as stewardess around Festac Town, Lagos. Both Owolabi and Sandy soon became friends. On several occasions, both Owolabi and Sandy exchanged telephone conversation, but unknown to the Anambra Stateborn lady, Owolabi had other plans. On that fateful day, Sandy recalled that she went on job search at Surulere are of the state and was returning home when Owolabi’s call came in.

The undergraduate reportedly asked her to see him at his house for good news he had for her. Since Owolabi had promised to be on the lookout for her for a job, the poor Sandy headed straight to a major hotel at Ago Palace Way, Okota, where Owolabi told her he was meeting with some elderly friends who could be of help to her. Sandy begins her story: “I had problem in my place of work because I did not show up, owing to my father’s illness and I was sacked and in the course of looking for a job, I went to Surulere last Friday and on my way back home, Shola called me on the phone and invited me over to Century Hotel, Ago Palace Way. I went because I needed someone to pour my heart to.” Owolabi would later changed tunes when Sandy arrived, asking her to come with him to his uncompleted apartment house not too far from the area. Owolabi reportedly prevailed on his female visitor to walk him home to allow him change his clothes.

Not sensing danger, Sandy followed Owolabi home. She continued her story: “But when I got to his house, he started delaying and before I knew it, he approached me, wanting to fondle me and but I refused. Then all of a sudden he started hitting me and dragging my cloth while his friend, Tayo started unzipping my trousers.” Sandy recalled how Adewale (Owolabi’s friend) pounced on her and pinned her hands to the ground, and Owolabi unfasten her jeans belt.

At a point, she became weak and watched helplessly as Owolabi had carnal knowledge of her against her will. Sandy denied that Owolabi ever asked her out before that incident. She maintained that she was only a friend to the undergraduate-despoiler. Her words: “He (Owolabi) started right from 3pm and ended at about 7pm nonstop. My entire plea fell on deaf ears. He even brought out a knife and threatened to kill me saying nothing would happen at the end of the day. When he was done, I could not wear my cloths because they were in shreds. He gave me his to wear home and warned me not to tell anyone threatening that if I did, he would paste my Unclad picture on Facebook for all to see. But I summoned courage and told my cousin and together we went to the hospital where I was given some medication.” Unfazed by his threats, Sandy informed the police at Festac Division and a manhunt was launched for the two rapists, while the Divisional Police Officer, Usman Ndanbabo immediately swung into action to apprehend the culprits.

Two days later, Adewale was apprehended while the, Owolabi, fled the neighbourhood to evade arrest. Barely a week after, Owolabi also landed in police net. In his statement, Owolabi confessed to his crime, but claimed his love and affection for Sandy made him forcefully have canal knowledge of her. His words: “ I am a shy person and can hardly talk to any lady. But the first day I set my eyes on Sandy, I told my friend with whom I went to the hotel that I wanted her for keeps and even begged one of the ladies with us to help collect Sandy’s telephone number and she did. Since then, I have been calling her on the phone until last Friday.

When she came around at the hotel we met before going to my house, I had taken some bottles of alcohol and an energy boost.” Owolabi also blamed his insane attitude on cold weather. He continued, “By the time she came it was drizzling and I asked her to accompany me home to change my clothes. But I did not know what got over me while in the room. I actually attempted to have fore play with her but she declined. Before I knew it, I got crazy and took advantage of her. But after I was done, I started begging her.” Asked if he used condom, he shook his head, saying, “I did it flesh to flesh.”

Also asked why he took photographs of her in her Unclad, he replied, “I just wanted to have her all to myself. I used that to at least make her always come to me” Owolabi, who claimed he regretted his action, said, “I regret everything because it has landed me in big trouble. Unfortunately, my father is not alive to bail me out of this. Please help me beg Sandy to forgive me.

Even after the incident, I begged her to forgive me.” Giving his account of the act, Adewale claimed that his friend never told him his intention for the girl. His words, “I was sleeping on the day he came home with this lady (Sandy) and he asked me to excuse them and I did. Later, he came to where I was and asked me to come and assist in stripping the lady Unclad that he wanted to Be Intimate with her but that she was adamant. I reluctantly followed him because my initial resistance resulted in his shouting at me. When I got inside, I pulled the lady’s trouser.” A police source said that the suspects would be charged to court soon.

32 comments:

Anonymous said...

Later dem go talk say na only Igbo man dey rape...mtschewww!!!!

Anonymous said...

HOW COME? THOUGHT THESE THINGS HAPPEN ONLY IN ABIA. THAT SHOLA OWOLABI MUST BE A STUDENT OF ABSU NOT LASU...AYO

Anonymous said...

4 hours???Shy 2 tell her ur mind...but not shy 2 do it big on her homie...thank God it happened in LasGidi..at least she'd get some justice...

Torinmo said...

This guys are animals and so need to be treated as such...They should be castrated..#shikena

OK said...

o ga o!!!

Anonymous said...

WONDERFUL DEVELOPMENT, WE SHOULD NOT CONDONE SUCH NEW TREND IN OUR SOCIETY. JUST IMAGINE IF UPCOMING YOUTHS START SEEING THIS AS A NEW WAY OF PRIDE? WELLDONE GIRL , PLEASE ANY GIRL THAT HAS SIMILAR EXPEROENCE SHOULD REPORT , AM HAPPY 4 THIS NEWS

Anonymous said...

Ahhhh...for God sake! What's up with rape in my country these days! What are 'SOME' Nigerian men turning into for crying out loud! OMG! This is absolutely pathetic and shameful! Jeezzz! Na 'serious' wah for all these rapists o...

Anonymous said...

@ Anonymous 11:08 AM, abi o my brother/sister. No mind them jare!
@ Anonymous (Ayo) 11:13 AM, sorry to disappoint you dear, things like this can happen anywhere. As for the new set of rapists in town, una no get shame sef! Kudos to the victim for garnering courage to report these useless set of nonentities. We pray justice will be served in your case!

grace said...

He should tell that his useless story to the birds! like he is not serious so its now a crime for a girl to say NO to a guy she doesn't like? and he took her unclad pics cos he wanted her to come bck to him again...hmn this guys reasoning is distorted like how can an undergraduate reason that way? wat kind of love is that anyways? I pray they are sentenced for life oo! this would teach those stupid guys a lesson not to rape a girl, a girl has the right to do whatever she wants with her body! by the way these guys are way over 19yrs abeg you! look @ their ugly faces!tcheww i dey vex juh

BinaBoi said...

Any guy who rapes a woman is a 'beast' and is not worth living among human beings. Sometimes i wonder the fun that these rapists get from these their act. I don't know for others, but personally i believe that the fun in sex is in foreplay. I cn't plug in if i haven't use my finger n probably, m**th(if she permits it) 2 kill her 1st.
Guys, let do away with this rape of a thing, if she no gree even after all the pressure, move on and on and on, u will definitely meet who will give it to u the way and whenever you want it.

Anonymous said...

these guys should be castrated and asked to eat their d..k raw; they must not go unpunished- IDIOTS

Anonymous said...

Naija boys are trying to turn Nigeria to South Africa but dem no go succeed. Girls please be careful o no boy/man is a saint. Before you hurriedly make up your mind to follow a boy to his house for whatever reason be ready for any possible consequences even if he is your boyfriend. When the deed is done, the victim carries the scare for life. Even if these animals are incarcerated for life she will still never forget that day.

Anonymous said...

I think Nigerian girls and women should start carrying pepper spray, tasers and pocket knives. Nigerian men are NOT to be trusted. MOST are beasts in human skin lacking any form of self control. I am sorry for those who have to share a country with them. People like myself who are abroad don't deal with them for nothing. They are bad news!

Linda, post my comment please!

Kel said...

Its not a new trend..dis shit has been going on for years now..each day,an innocent women/girl is raped in dis country and like every oda thing in dis country,its swept unda d carpet...for once in our lives,LET US STAND 2GETHER AGAINST THIS..

Anonymous said...

I'm glad they got arrested and I know in Lagos, they will be sitting in Kirikiri for a long time.
Lots of naija men rape. Any time there's a brouhaha on the streets, some men immediately use the commotion to look for the nearest woman to rape. They absolutely see nothing wrong with it. It's a cancer in our society. I think public awareness can help to cause a rethink. And also the fear of Kirikiri can help. Let these ones be used as example.
I'm glad Sandy spoke up even though they threatened her with exposure on Facebook.
In naija so many nude pics of girls u see around, they were forced to take by slaps & kicks. Yet people immediately start blaming the girls b

Anonymous said...

all this rape news, me i don't want to give birth to a girl o, as she will be vulnerable to all sorts of trash, am pregnant, pls. pray for me,i want God fearing BOYS. amen.

mama somtee said...

i hve a daughter and i do not apologise for been over protective with relatives a little slip will damage the child's life --- with animals like this roaming the streets , awon omo to yeeki won fi seeh d&c . yet some women will be going all over the place looking for male children na pickin bi dis aabi devils

*ajalahtravel* said...

love ko, infatuation ni. abeg, lock those idiots and lost the key. aba girl, come out oh!!!!!!!! or at least hire thugs to massacre those motherfuckers.

*ajalahtravel*

Anonymous said...

I guess LAGOS will do things differently from ABIA

Alex wealth said...

serzly, am almost speechless.its so shameful dat some guys ve turned animals n makin ladies see every guy as dsame. d law of karma exist, n as a mata of fact, wateva u do will surely relocate u in front. dey shld face due penalties...

Alex wealth said...

Pls do not generalise ur speeches, as everyone differs. most girls do evil likewise most guys. frm d govt to the masses, corruption has deep into d bones of d average nigerian. dey embrase any evil act and strt practicing it. our govt. loot, our youths do yahoo, prostitutn, n other ill attitudes. nobody wants to b responsible n resonable. Individually, i fnk Nigeria needs a rebrand, ds present situatn wil be heaven compare to wat d future will deliver if d present youths continue wt ds manner towrds lyf. frm KIDNAPPING,VANDALIZING PIPES, BOMBING,ELECTION CRISIS,BOKO HARAM,RAPES n so many evil acts... n d nation is stil growing poor(see dollar rates to naira), Economy goin down n nobody cares. we shld strt bein responsible for God's sake!!

lush said...

Menh.. I carry pepper spray in my hand bag plus am learning karate now o...
Every girl should learn self defense.
Shikenan!!

Anonymous said...

Bravo! Sandy, where ever u are right now i just gave u a bow. i like ur courage and i wish many gals out there can learn from u.Rapist are cowards.

Bee said...

With all the babes willing to drop yansh for free, these fools had to rape her.

Kudos to the girl for standing up.

Anonymous said...

i thought dia names will be okon or etim since all wicked act do come from akwa ibom PEOPLE nooooooooooonsense! instead for us to pray 4 God to heal our land (NIGERIA}.

nwankwomark.c. said...

This guy's are animals, should be threated like animals.

Ebere said...

The evil that men do live with them,awon olori buruku,won ti sa si yin, can u imagine what nonsense this he goat is saying.May that ur dick never produce any child in ur live.assholes.abeg i dey vex joor.

ONYEDIKING said...

hmm

ONYEDIKING said...

hmm Goodluck to the both of them

http://naijagosip.blogspot.com

ONYEDIKING said...

Goodluck to both of them

http://naijagosip.blogspot.com

slimy29 said...

Wat ar d police still waitin 4? They shud chop off their manhoods wif a knife since rape is becomin a daily occurance in our universities.

Anonymous said...

dis guy is a very foolish boi and i know him ooooooooooo

Recent Posts