Joseph Yobo and Adaeze Igwe speak on their love... | Welcome to Linda Ikeji's Blog

LI_Leaderboard_4

LI_Leaderboard_1

LI_Leaderboard_2

LI_Leaderboard_3

Sunday 17 January 2010

Joseph Yobo and Adaeze Igwe speak on their love...

Adaeze Igwe and Joseph Yobo spoke exclusively with Abiola Aloba of Encomium magazine about their love story. Read it below...
























We would like to know your love story. How did you guys meet? Was it love at first sight?

Joseph Yobo “I think it was love at first sight. After we met, we became friends and later we found out we had something special and strong for each other. It was not one of those frivolous affairs. We knew we wanted to spend the rest of our lives together. I believe I fell in love first and made the first move. But maybe she had fallen first and only just pretended not to be. But later she confessed.

Adaeze Igwe “When we first met, he kept staring at me that I almost thought there was something wrong with my outfit. Apart from that I can not really explain how it happened because we were both at how fast everything has happened.

Some have speculated that pregnancy might have been the reason for the quickness and hush nature of your wedding. Could they be correct?

Joseph Yobo “Wwhen I came to Nigeria for the summer, I had only intended to stay for a short time as I usually do, but then I met Adaeze and we fell in love. So, I spent the whole of my summer holidays in Nigeria, which I’ve never done before. To show how serious my intentions were, I even met with her family to assure them that she was in safe hands. Her mom immediately approved the relationship so we took it further from that moment onwards. It was never because of pregnancy. We have always talked about having a child together and had even joked on how beautiful the baby would look. But we could not do the wedding before now because of the nature of my job and also because of Ada not being around as she had a tight schedule in school. We wanted it special and the night of December 31, 09 was the only time all our family members were going to be around. After the date, I am going to be very busy at work till July 2010.

Adaeze Igwe "I can’t understand why that speculation would come up. I know in this modern world, people don’t get married because of pregnancy and apart from that, I am still very young to rush into marriage because of pregnancy. Meanwhile we had concluded other forms of marriage before the church wedding, though we had kept that to ourselves.

Some are of the opinion that Adaeze might still be too young and not experienced enough for the rigours of matrimony.
Adaeze Igwe “I don’t think I’m too young to get into marriage. I know that by the grace of God, I can handle it. Age is only but a number. I have realised since I met Joseph that he is all I want in a man and he’s my best friend. So there’s nothing to worry about. We learn every day.***

All the best to them...

12 comments:

Myne said...

All the best to them jare. No marriage in this world is guaranteed. We can only do our best.

Dith said...

I love love love this!
All the best jare and SHAME TO BAD PEOPLE!!!!!

She may be young alright but some youngn's have succeeded in building a successful marriage and from this interview, that man loves her very much which is what matters above all anyway.

Everything that may have occurred in his past affairs is PURE BULLSHIT at this moment!!!!!!!
Focus on what he does from here onwards....

I can't stand Nigerians and their judgmental holier than thou major skeletons in the closets selves.
I'd rather be a pregnant bride than a baby mama all day, err day.
But ofcourse I'd prefer neither but I also doubt any young girl dreams of being a pregnant bride or a baby mama either but what's done is done. Life is full of uncertainties and as usual shit happens.

While I agree that It is indeed careless to get pregnant in this age of gazillion and one contraceptives, I am very much aware that BCPs are not 100% guaranteed either.

They should both always refer back to this interview when things begin to get rough for them and remember why they got into this in the first place.

God bless their union and like I said, SHAME TO BAD PEOPLE. What's done is done, pregnancy, white dress, et al. It is really no one's business.
Focus all that energy on important things.

People need to leave and breathe the words "CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM" to avoid coming off as crazy.

The comments in d initial post were aggravating to say d least.

Anonymous said...

hw old is adaeze igwe?

Funmi said...

I totally agree with Myne... That last question about her age was out of order... It's not like she's a teenager or anything... After 9ice and Toni, all I can say is I hope this one lasts.

doll (retired blogger) said...

Word @ Dith

mary sanusi said...

I which you all the best.
i pray that god almighty will not let it collapse amen...

Anonymous said...

@dith u make sense..............had my baby wen i was 20.WTF
IF TO SAY NA POOR MAAN NOBODY 4 TALK.BCOS THE DUDE HAS MONEY TO SPEND,EVERYONE THINKS SHES MARRYING COS OF MONEY.

ALL HATERS*****SHUT UP PLEASE*****

rebecca said...

we are in nigeria so most ppl don't mind their business...just like in america...and that's why we are able to say our mindS thru blogs hoping that celebrities involved and others who look up to them read both negative and positive comments...as for people talking about my criticisms...how many of u can sincerely say ur parents, friends or family members picked up a magazine/newspaper about adaeze and yobo and said she made a right decision. didn't ur parents, frineds, or family members give her the insult of her life? it's not a matter of whether he is a rich footballer or whether she is an ex beauty queen...if this happened to any normal person ppl wud have negative things to say...u can see a bad thing and call it good.PERIOD
!

rebecca said...

i didn't insult adaeze by saying i have more integrity i only made a point cuz someone told me she was better than me...NOT!.instead of nigerian girls to be looking at making their lives better and having positive role models that have class and sophistication, they are busy looking at bad characters.of course i'll give my children good traing. what training did munachi's (kanu's wife), or nkechi's (okocha's wife) or even aiyegbeni's wife give them? aren't these women married to footballers? okocha and kanu married their wives when they were young in their late teens. did anyone say anything bad about them cuz they're footballers' wives? NO! that's because those women did the right thing and ADAEZE did not. i am not criticizing adaeze bcos she is married to yobo or cuz she is an ex-beauty queen but because i expected more from her...BTW every nigerian including me was looking forward to the wedding only to be told they had their wedding at 3.30 am...then i knew something was fishy. if she had married yobo without the pregnancy trust me my comments wud have been positive...it's the same thing for annie macaulay who has destroyed her life...she was pergnant for 2fafce twice, not once. i dint bother cuz i dint expect anything better from annie but abeg adaeze is an igbo girl (i know she has ties with the high class ANUMUDU family who wud never support anything bad) and we don't do like that...I'm just trying to get a point across to nigerian girls.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE U REBECCA...

lawlz said...

But is it that Adaeze doesn't know he has a woman living in one of his London flats up until today? Or that he likes ashewo pass betta woman? Or is it that Yobo doesn't know Adaeze had some producer (wtf is that btw) boyfriend up until September 09 (while they were so in love) and likes to upgrade to richer boyfriends under the guidance of her mother that is determined to upgrade her lot in life through her daughter?

I'm pretty sure their union will last longer than most sha... It's not a love thing for Adaeze, so his philandering is not going to affect her one way or another. But I hope Yobo knows that he better never get injured or run out of money, because she will be out the door.

Anonymous said...

Ada just got married to someone who earns 20million naira every week, if you cant live with that, i suggest you shave with a blunt razor or better still go and w@nk with a hacksaw. . .
Bwahahahahahahaha!!

Recent Posts