Teenage Sex + Vlisco Urban Beat Fashion Event | Welcome to Linda Ikeji's Blog

LI_Leaderboard_4

LI_Leaderboard_1

LI_Leaderboard_2

LI_Leaderboard_3

Wednesday 25 February 2009

Teenage Sex + Vlisco Urban Beat Fashion Event

Everytime I see a pregnant teenage girl, the first thing that comes to my mind is; what kind of a man sleeps with a teenage girl? After that I start to wonder...what do teenagers want with sex?

Aren't there other things they can do with their time? Like school...growing up?





Reports that several teenage boy are claiming paternity of baby born to a 15yr old girl


Teenage parents. 13yr old father and 15yr old mother

Pix thanks to my sis Vera. You can check out her blog here http://veraikeji.blogspot.com/ to read the full story


There's so much I want to say about this but I'm kinda in a hurry so let me ask questions instead. Here are my questions...

1. Can a 12 yr old boy impregnate a girl? Really? I know puberty starts from age 11, but there's theory and there's practical. How does this happen?

2. How do we re-orientate these teenagers? Make them understand the need to wait till they're much older and can deal with the consequences of pre-marital sex?

3. When is the best age to start having sex?

Please share your thoughts...




Meanwhile check out pictures from the Vlisco Urban Beat Fashion Event that took Sunday Feb 22nd at Expo Centre, Victoria Island, Lagos













Adesuwa Onyenekwe


Wildchild (left)



Timi with organisers of the event







Pix thanks to the very talented Timi Dakolo



Photos of the day...
The two looks of Cynthia Omorodion, the winner of Nigeria's Next Super Model 2008.




Her elle south africa shoot january issue



Her Anglo Gold Show Cape Town, South Africa

Stunning huh?

Later...

13 comments:

Opé - Style Artist said...

That model IS stunning!
Best regards...

Kémi Penélopê said...

As a Nigerian...I have write that fashionwise we have come a long way...Thanks for sharing...

cassie said...

to be honest the whole baby business is the parents fault....btw the model am not quiet sure ......i could have done a more better job

Anonymous said...

the model is beautiiful but one can see from the first picture that it has been photo shoped while the second one shows her for what she truly is an african woman unlike the first where she has the nose of a white person all in all good pics

Anonymous said...

Linda, you can not ask about the right age to start having sex. Sex is a secluded act for the married. Anybody who is not married has no business with sex.Therefore the question of the right age to start having sex does not arise. If anything your question should be limited to those not married who derive pleasure in premarital sex. Then your question should be rather asking such a group about their considered rightful age to comfortably start enjoying their sin of fornication.

Anonymous said...

Nice one on teenage pregnancy.....I pray God give me the wisdom to raise my children well.

Dante said...

I am not hating on timi,never. Really, Dude is magic !!!, but Lin Lin, I have through gone through most of his pictures on your blog and he is always on shiny suits? It appears as if he is always wearing the same suit/outfit. But on a closer look, he is not. some are plain, some are striped but they are all shiny with a touch of gra=ey. Why can't he wear something else..maybe a white suit, maybe grey, not shiny..I don't know...he is looking so recycled.
My 2 cents tho'

Anonymous said...

I toatally agree with Kweni. Sex should be saved for marriage. I understand, we have young teenagers or young adults who are sexually active everywhere, but just because everybody seem to be doing it does not make it okay or the norm. The unfortuanate side is we live in a world, and generation where sex sells. These young teenagers are overly exposed to many things on TV, songs, magazines, internet, schools, friends, and even from parent, that they should not be exposed to at all. When I hear some of the things that teenagers talk about now especially here in the States, where there is full access to everything, I'm perplexed. I learned about sex when I was in high school, and knew the full details when i got to college.I got married when I was 27yrs old, and had sex for the first time, with my hubby. Hopefully, I can instill in my children the biblical standards just like I was raised, because my hubby and I will not be with them 24 hrs, so they can truly hold on to that everywhere they go. Looking at the rate at which young teenagers are exposed now, I'm not surprise anymore at two kids been sexually acitve or been a parent, not that I agree with the act.

Anonymous said...

Her nose was altered (photo-shoped) in the first picture, and her tribal marks removed, I guess they were trying to get a more western look but modeling is an art not cosmetic surgery. Look at it.

O

Anonymous said...

do people still get tribal marks in this day and age?? the girl seems very young.... i'm surprised that she has tribal marks. i thought these marks were seen more on older people.... anyway sha, she is still very beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Cynthia is a good model. No doubt about it. At the ELLE shoot, she gave her best and was always open to ideas. If i think of the stress I went through on the day of that shoot...lol. I was surprised when she walked in to the set and told me she was Nigerian as I'd never heard of her until that day. It took the whole day to shoot as we had other models too. Concerning the photoshoping, every magazine does that these days, Its not a new thing. And those tribal marks...I hate to admit it, but they where cleared out by Steve Tanchel, the guy who took those pics.

Anonymous said...

Wildchild is too sexy. It's a shame he's hitched.

Handjobs tips said...

"Teenage Sex + Vlisco Urban Beat Fashion Event"

i like that

but i am thinking something different . . .
if know more . . .

Recent Posts