Peter of P-Square opens up on love controversy | Welcome to Linda Ikeji's Blog

LI_Leaderboard_4

LI_Leaderboard_1

LI_Leaderboard_2

LI_Leaderboard_3

Thursday 10 April 2008

Peter of P-Square opens up on love controversy

Hey people. I see I have new readers on my blog. I used to get about 2, 000 hits everyday, but it's increased to about 2, 800 in the last few days. So I have about eight hundred new comers. To all of you, I say welcome to my crazy/beautiful world. We do everything from news, gossip, lifestyle, issues, fashion...etc, basically whatever I find interesting.

Speaking of gossip, let me do one amebo for you guys...don't say you read it here o..lol!

God forgive me for this....lol!
Anyway, there's been a lot of talk in the media that Peter of P-Square is dating ex-MBGN 2007, Munachi Abii. And y'all know he's been in a sizzling romance with the very beautiful Lola Omotayo. Well, last week a soft sell magazine reported that Lola and Munachi exchanged blows at Peter's house when the two met there. Of course Lola denied that ever happened and I believe her. Anyway this week, Peter opened up to Encomium magazine on what exactly is going on between him, Lola and Munachi...

From Encomium magazine of this week....enjoy!
The media is agog with tales of how Peter of P-Square dumped Lola Omotayo for Munachi Abii, the immediate – past Most Beautiful Girl in Nigeria. Because of the furore generated by the alleged action, a lot of people have been expecting the man at the centre of the controversy to open up and declare who his real lover is between the two beautiful ladies. After much persuasion, the handsome entertainer told his love story to Encomium magazine.
Excerpts...


Peter and Lola Omotayo

What is the truth about your relationship with Lola Omotayo and Munachi Abii?
Peter
“I’ve been under pressure for a while to actually address this issue but I just felt I should stay out of it. I don’t think I have a choice now than to let people know the real situation of things. I and Lola Omotayo are still very much in love and Munachi knew us to be lovers. I read in a paper recently that Lola and Munachi fought in my house and they've been sending themselves threatening text messages. The truth of the matter is Munachi and Lola have never met before and even Munachi is looking forward to meeting her. Everybody in my family knows that I'm dating Lola and I can't regret marrying someone like her.

Are you saying you're planning to get married to her and when?
Peter "Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying I am planning to get married now, because marriage is not just something you rush into like that. I am still taking my career very seriously at the moment. Lola is a cool person, very independent and knows how to take good care of me. Some people said I broke up with her because she is older than me. What is their business about her age? After all I knew she was older than me when I toasted her. What about older ladies that toasted me and I didn't yield. I think people should just leave me and Lola alone and let us live our lives. I am sick and tired of all these rumours."



What about Munachi?
Peter " What about her?

Are you guys also having an affair?
Peter "The truth of the matter is that Munachi is my very good friend and to any other person in the house. I mean Paul and Jude. The whole thing started when we shot our videos and Munachi happened to be part of it. The press people that were around took photos of us and since then everywhere we go it is romance with Munchi that I hear."

But there can't be smoke without fire
Peter "I won't lie to you. Munachi is a very close friend of mine and a kind hearted girl who deserves all the respect in the world but we're not dating."

People now perceive the two ladies as fighting over you?
Peter " There's not an iota of truth in that. Munachi can't wait to even meet with Lola and if you read one of her latest interviews she stated that she is not dating anybody. They're both wonderful and there's nothing like fight between them. I am dating Lola and not Munachi."


Can you talk about your love story with Lola and how long you guys have been together?
Peter "The next three months will make it three years that we've been together and I've never for once regretted knowing her. She knows the difference between Peter of P-Square and the ordinary Peter. One thing I like most about her is that she knows how to take care of me and put smiles on my face when I am sad. I love her so much and she loves me too. She is well known in my family and likewise me in her family.

But meanwhile, this is the story another soft sell magazine, City People, carried this week....
'Peter of P-Square steps out with Munachi Abii'
As the day passes by, the love song between Peter Okoye and former Most Beautiful Girl, Munachi, becomes louder. The love birds attended the City People Awards together holding each other and displaying free expression of affection. After receiving the award 'Music Group of the Year', Munachi didn't hesitate congratulating her man with a beautiful kiss.

All I'm going to say is that Peter sure likes beautiful women. Good luck to everyone involved!

Ok, I'm through with my gossip...sweet amebo abi? lol!

Going to watch some TV.

Ciao and stay blessed!

31 comments:

Dith said...

LOL which one person go believe nowwww????

well so far all i really believe is the fact that Lola does not look like the type of person 2 belittle herself over a man...a younger one at that.

i support him and lola better tho. lol

Dith said...

kai its not easy 2 be a fine celeb o!! even in naija. na wa! lol

DayDay said...

okkkkkkkkkkkkkk...peter..na wa o
So whose telling the truth now????

DayDay said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

All i can say is that nothing is hidden under the sun. Time will tell if Lola is actually the one or if Muna is the replacement. The truth will unfold itself in no distant time. We will wait and see.
My question is why will he take Munachi to an awards show if Lola is his babe. I don't get it.....I won't let my man do that. It is either you take me or you go alone. Now he has everyone talking abt his 'romance' with Munachi....

Anonymous said...

linda your block is very additive and for us in diaspora this is the only way we can keep tab ... as for the gist , peter has clarified so i take him by his word . Lola is a very pretty lady and I wonder how old she is . she looks good anyways
wendu

Anonymous said...

I just feel a little bad for Lola. I knew her back in the day. She is extremely pretty, classy and well educated. I still honestly do not get what she and Peter have ever had in commmon. The guy cannot even speak good English. Their backgrounds, exposure and upbringing are so different too. For her to be dragged into this 'small boy' mess in such a public fashion is really sad. She must be about 35 years old now, and has given her best years to this guy who is 'not ready' to get married yet? I just hope she knows what she is doing because it would be such a shame if she were dumped by someone who many (including) myself believe is way beneath her on every level. Of course, Peter's 'stock price' has skyrocketed because Lola was his babe, but hers unfortunately has seriously diminished by her association with an 'aje pako' like Peter Okoye! I wish them well, and if she is happy with him, then good luck to her...

Anonymous said...

well done .. I might start to ehem, view your blog a littlebit more

lolz ... Peter is a dude , he's be fine .. make una no worry

Anonymous said...

this is why i love this blog!!!peter rocks!!!

Anonymous said...

peter can marry the two women...no be africa we dey?

uNWrItten* said...

mmm he needs to leave those babes and come to me mehn!!! lol

La Reine said...

Ah, the life of a celebrity...
Constant drama.

Anonymous said...

s there a pictoral proof that muna kissed him at d awards?if yes please we need it odawise i soooooooooooooooo believe peter,gbemi

Anonymous said...

Chai! If Peter no wan marry Lola, now, abeg, may dem just cut de relationship short, abeg. No be bad bellus for my side but de tin be say wit dis olderwoman/younger man relationship for Naija - we know say naija no dey joke with age no matter de tribe.

So, my point be say if Peter no dey marry now, may im give Lola chance may she go marry better aristo guy, abi.

No be say Lola dey complain to me as we no sabi each other. And na my 2cents abi na jara, i dey add. I know say nothing spoil, sha, as i dey see am from a woman's perspective.

Becos, may we no lie to ourselves, shoe get size - forget music. I know say music dey universal but if truth be said - everyone in life get level, dat is to say, if we wan live successful lives.

Even pple wey don marry before and de marriage come dabaru, go tell u say, "do not be unequally yoked ......" which no only get one meaning. But e dey talk say, "make person if e wan marry, may im marry person wey dere background dey similar."

So, if egbe come gas for de marriage, abi na quarrel, dem fit compromise, not to dey rush into divorce courts immediately come dey claim, "irreconciable differences," na why dem dey divorce. Becos dis divorce im dey costly dese days, im come, also, dey time consuming.

So, e better make person shine dere eyes well, well, may im see proper, proper, before im come marry anoder person.

At the end of the day, i no be Peter, Lola or Munachi, ato.

Anonymous said...

anonymous 2...thanks...she looks quite young for her age
wendu

Anonymous said...

Chei! Lola Omotayo beautiful pass Munachi Abii ooo. Why can't Munachi go and find her own man? First she was fighting with Grace Egbagbe over Lanre Nzeribe, now with Lola over Peter. Make una no trust Munachi with your man o, na boyfriend/family breaker she bi

Anonymous said...

Why is it that after a girl in Nigeria wins the MBGN pageant, there is always an article where they are asked if they have a boyfriend and they deny it. I just feel it gets old. we all know that they do have boyfriends. Why don't they have good makeup on when they are appearing on magazines. and why are their dresses for evening gown competition not good enough. they need to watch the USA girls. My two cents!!!

Anonymous said...

How com the other guy P-sq guy is not in the media..? Is he not cute....'cos the way which all these chiks are running over this one guy is amazing.

Anonymous said...

anon 10:19

May God not punish ur mouth. what do u mean peter is an ''aje pako'' and is not on the same level with Lola. it is this fakeness that has made me come to resent a lot of people i met at the so called elite schools i went too.
so because he cannot speak proper English now Lola is better than him. lol. u must be very funny. At least with the little Englsih he can speak he has made something of himself. Those so called aje butter and d English they throw around do most of them not just seat on their lazy frigging asses, do nothing but spend their parents money.
infact i am so pissed rite now with ur comment. nonsense, Lola is better than him my ass.
who are u 2 say so. just because u might have been mistakenly born into a well to do home does not make u better than anyone else. shioooooooooo rubbish. it irks me that u dont realise aje pako or aje butter comes by Gods will and it could easily have been u born an aje pako.

Anonymous said...

@Nkiru Judith
ur analytical mind is just so funny. so if u are unequally yoked as in an ae pako and aje butter marry there is a higher likelihood that d marriage will last.lol. in ur small mind.

Moji Onabanjo and Gbenga Obasanjo.... Equally yoked mrriage fell apart.

Aisha Babangida and her ex husband.... equally yoked marriage fell apart.

I could go on and on about the equally yoked whose marriage have fallen apart ehn.

rubbish and nonsense.

Anonymous said...

oops mistake. if an aje pake and aje butter marry d marriage will not last.

Anonymous said...

@anon 7: 43 AM, why the abuse, com'on i am no longer in secondary school. For starters, the aje pako and aje butter part is your interpretation of my "... analytical mind."

Similar backgrounds means lots of things aside from the aje pako and aje butter, part. But i can't go into details. Linda Ikeji, posted this topic, when? It's all in the past, now. Let's move on.

I keep on saying it, i'm not Lola, neither am i Peter and Munachi. And, i believe that you are not either, if not, you would have identified yourself.

All the best and good luck to you in all of your achievements.

Anonymous said...

ehu should have moved on by not replying. and i did not abuse u at all. oya tell me what equally yoked stands for pls so i can retract my so called abuse.

Anonymous said...

Ok, Munachi and Lola clearly had a fight over Peter from her rescent interview. After realising she was pregnant, peter and Lola got back together and munachi was history. This was stated on lola's rescent interview that they almost broke up because of a second girl coming into the picture (i.e. Munachi Abii). Thank God they didnt break up! If Muanchi is dating a new guy outside Nigeria, good for her. She can move on with her life and stop breaking and making relationships up.

Anonymous said...

Na wa for this munachi girl sha! can't she find her own man?

doll (retired blogger) said...

@ first Anon well….english speaking, aje pako, beneath my class etc are not factors to hinder anyone from being with the man she luvs…tho u made a valid point…what does he mean by not ready to be married yet…even if he feels that way he shouldn’t have said it out…

Well my take on this is that there is NEVER smoke without fire….what went down between Peter and Munachi is left to them and maybe God or the devil….but at least for him to put up this interview, coupled with the fact that she is 3 months pregnant (heard this on Cool fm) this morning. Suggests he is ready to ditch Munachi and stick with Lola…..so good luck to them
I prefer Lola to Munachi, she looks so classy and pretty.

And if I was to go with any analysis. I’ go with Anon 8.33am…that seems more sensible than any other

Annbela Ohakaba said...

how i wish i new dem,i will marry dem till d end. but in my own opinion i don't think it's right 4 some1 2 have a girlfriend older than himself. well whatever god says will b 4 dem. what god has goint 2gether let no man put assunder.na lie i talk???

Anonymous said...

wel wel wel,i dnt knw much abt dem bt i thnk peter doesnt look serious wen it cms to relationship n if he is nt ready to get maried nw,wil he b in 6yrs wen lola wil b 40 or so? puleassssssss

Anonymous said...

wat u said is rite mercy. and comin' 2 think about it i no dat 1 day dose 2 'lovers' will split up 4 sure it's already seen by all means. wel i won't say much 2 give info dat no 1 nos as 4 now.
i'd better give d guy advice b a good father but don't hav Lola as a wife yeah she's pretty but not d only nigerian girl worldwide.think about it dear. if any 1 ones to add me dis is my e-mail add. bela_beauty_11@hotmail.com i'm lindabela.

Anonymous said...

hi, i'm in rwanda but i stay in touch peter you have to make every thing clear because some day you can regret or have many problems approach those 2 girls and tell one of them that is the sister of your heart,and dont let them fight again,i'm sorry if i broke a heart of some one, that was my opinion.

Anonymous said...

Awww thats their business sha

Recent Posts