Nigerian Entertainment News! | Welcome to Linda Ikeji's Blog

LI_Leaderboard_4

LI_Leaderboard_1

LI_Leaderboard_2

LI_Leaderboard_3

Tuesday 8 April 2008

Nigerian Entertainment News!

Hey everyone, I'm back! Missed y'all. Sorry for being MIA for a bit. I had to go...get some things done! Whatever that means huh? lol!

This weekend I did something I haven't done in a while. No, not sex...shopping! lol. I shopped like crazy from Friday through Saturday, relaxed on Sunday then continued on Monday.

When I say shopping, I mean I really really shopped. I bought things that I can't even pronounce...lol. I got this 'dash' money and y'all know how sweet it is to spend money you didn't work for. lol! I mean I am a business woman and most times I put my profit back into my business, so usually I don't have that much money to play around with. I don't get 'free' money that often, so whenever I get it, it's always a treat. I even got myself a stylist. He's clothing me for the Soundcity Music Video awards. When y'all see the pix from the show and don't like what I'm wearing, I will give you all Gbemi's number to call and give him a piece of your mind...lol!

I am also supposed to do the countdown to the SMVA on Soundcity's 'Style Agent 101' programme. Basically telling people what to wear and what not to wear, the kind of make up to go for, appropriate shoes for the red carpet, how to combine colours etc...but the thing is, I have absolutely no idea what's in vogue so I don't know how I'm gonna fair on that one. So if you have any advise for me, do share. I don't want to embarrass myself on TV. My bad English is enough...lol!

I didn't work most part of last week and I ain't working most part of this week. Tomorrow, I'll be at the salon most part of the day, Thursday is the TV shoot, and Friday is the SHOW! I'm mos def gonna be there! I'm also supposed to do a TV interview with a new TV programme called Glamour TV. If it doesn't happen this Friday, it's gonna happen next week (I'm feeling like a celeb huh? e no easy! lol) I hear the TV show will be very exciting...so watch out for it.

Oh by the way, I now officially have four designer bags. A Fendi, a Cacharel, an Armani and a Louis Vuitton. Aint that something? lol. Not a big deal huh? Yeah well I have had bags but there was nothing 'designer' about any of them until now, so leave me to enjoy making the announcement...lol!

My sis Vera threw my LV bag into the thrash (not even funny!) just 'cos I told her to handle the bag with care. She was like 'get over yourself already' lol! She's a flygirl so she has all kinds of designer bags, this is all new to me. I have small money but I can't spend 50grand on a bag(at least not now)...so yes, they are all gifts. It's not easy to be a fine girl now is it? lol!

LIFE IS GOOD!

Ok, let's do entertainment news. We will start with gists from City People Award For Excellence that took place last Sunday March 30th 2008.

The Governors who came
Delta State Governor, Emmanuel Uduaghan
Abia, Theodore Orji
Rivers, Rotimi Amaechi

Lagos State Governor who also won GOVERNOR OF THE YEAR was absent.

Other winners.
Music Group of the year
P-Square
Designer of the Year
Mudi
First Lady of the Year
Mrs Abimbola Fashola of Lagos State
Best South East Governor
Abia State Governor, Theodore Orji
Media Personality of the Year for Broadcast
Raymond Dokpesi (owner, AIT, Raypower fm)
PR Company of the Year
Yemi Odusote's Soulcomm
Advertising Company of the Year
SO&U
Insurance Company of the Year
Equity Insurance
Most Creative Adverts
Bank PHB
Most Improved Bank
Bank PHB
Fastest Growing Bank
Oceanic Bank
Amazon of the Corporate World
Mrs Cecilia Ibru
Minister of the Year
FCT Minister, Aliyu Modibbo
TV Personality of the Year
Denrele Edun
Businesswoman of the Year
Taiwo Atobatele, Astoria Caterers
Businessman of the Year
Tony Ezenna, Orange Drugs
Lifetime Achievement Award
Chief Alex Duduyemi
Female Politician of the Year
Titi Oseni
Actress of the Year
Funke Akindele
And so on and so forth....

To other news...
According to City People magazine...
'Peter of P-Square steps out with Munachi Abii
As the day passes by, the love song between Peter Okoye and former Most Beautiful Girl, Munachi, becomes louder. The love birds attended the City People Awards together holding each other and displaying free expression of affection. After receiving the award 'Music Group of the Year', Munachi didn't hesitate congratulating her man with a beautiful kiss.

All Naija papers say these guys are dating. I totally approve. Good looking dude, beautiful girl, both young, vibrant. Good luck to them.

Soundcity Music Video Awards Nominees

Best Male Video

Eldee-I'm leaving

Charly Boy-Ninja Bike

Jimmy Jatt - Stylee

MP-No dull yourself

Dbanj-Move your body

Faze-Kolomental

Rasqui - Dapada


Best Female Video

Sasha-Adara

TY Bello-Greenland

Barbara - Dangerous

Kween - Jebele

Nneka-Uncomfortable truth

Nnena - Oluchi

Best Duo/Group Video

Infinity-Olori oko

KC Presh - Sengemenge

P Square- Do Me

Tunde & Wunmi Obe - Mogbo moya

Best R&B/Pop Video

TY Bello - Greenland

Silver Sadih - Rawa

Asa - Fire on the Mountain

P Square - Do me

D'Banj - Move your body

Faze - Need Somebody

Best Hip Hop Video

Mode Nine - Nigerian Girls

Jimmy Jatt - Stylee

Sauce Kid - Yebariba

Ill Bliss - You go wound

Naeto C - You know my P

Best New Artiste

9ice-Little Money

Asa-Fire on the Mountain

MP-No dull yourself

Nigga Raw - Obodo

Jimmy Jatt - Stylee


Best Video

Dbanj - Move your body

Tuface - If love is a crime

P Square - Do me

Sasha - Adara

KC Presh - Segemenge

Faze - Tattoo Girls

Best Choreography

Goldie - Komole

Morachi - Hapuya like that

Faze - Kpo kpodi kpo

Obiwon - Joli


African Video of the Year

Freshly Ground - Pot Belly

Jozi - Whats with the attitude

Mokobe- C'est dans la joe

And so on and so forth...


Other events

Fashion and Style Digest presents; The Return of Monami as he unveils the ‘Chic’ Collection. Also featuring; Linda Mesrob – My Q, from New York
Date: 18th May 2008
Venue: The Lagoon Restaurant, V/I, Lagos.

Top Lagos fashion designer Princess Cynthia invites Lagos Stylish ladies to the unveiling of her 2008 collections
Date: 18th May 2008
Venue: The Events Place, Hakeem Balogun Str., Off Agidingbi Rd, Lagos.

Mode Men Magazine’s 2nd Anniversary Black Night
A black carpet event featuring Fashion, Music and Glamour
Date: Saturday 10th May 2008 at 6pm
Venue: Lagoon Restaurant, V/I
Performances by 2face, 9ice, MI, Yemi Sax and more.
Numbers to call: 08023609700, 08023240319 and 08033749532.
I’m definitely going to be at this event!

I'm going to get more entertainment gists later. Meanwhile, if you love Niyitabiti’s blog, then you will be totally crazy about this one. Ayeni Adekunle is one of Nigeria’s most respected showbiz reporters. So get your daily Naija Entertainment news on his blog here http://ayenithegreat.wordpress.com/

Remember what I said last week, no matter what you're going through right now, you will be FINE! It's going to be OKAY! Just hang in there...
CWB, thanks for being such a beautiful person!
Kisses everyone!
See y'all later!

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey, am i first?...Not sure since lady linda has to approve comments before displaying. Anyho, i am there with you on the designer bags, no need to spend 50 grand on a bag if you need it for my important things like your business. But then you can't go wrong with them either.
Welcome back jare.

littleangel4christ said...

Seemed like forever! Missed u bloggin'. Well done...

http://littleangel4christ-achosengeneration.blogspot.com/

Let me knw wat u think.

Anonymous said...

Awww hun thanks for the shout out. You are a diamond yourself. Meanwhile as for that ya enjoyment...*wink* Tried ringing you back after last night, but trust una connection now...

TTYL. Love ya.

Hugs

xxx

Unknown said...

Miss Li... Welcome back - you and your fine self. Girl... pls, rock your designer bags, and like you said, "it ain't easy being a fine chick." You'll do just fine as a presenter. O gini di!

Anyway... have fun at the Soundcity awards event. You sure deserve it, girl, u work hard.

A'int i right?

Anonymous said...

Linda welcome back,

Anonymous said...

Happy for Munachi because Psquare is way better than that useless Lanre Nzeribe she dated last year

Anonymous said...

Sometime ago you talked about medical incompetence in Nigeria and felt "people" should do something about it but when you get a little money you buy designer bags and do nothing towards helping the country with your own money. I guess its other people that should fix Nigeria. Try to donate a little bit to orphanages and the less priviledged. One designer bag is ebough. Nobody needs 4.

Linda Ikeji said...

@anon 10;54, I think u shud go back and read where I said the bags were gifts. U wanna know how many less priviledged people I help? I will tell u that story one day. Cheers.

Anonymous said...

I read it again and I don't see where someone "dashed" you handbags. Someone gave you money ...money ok? which you spent on handbags. One Fendi is like how much? And someone "dashed" you enough money to buy 4 designer bags. Please hold on let me go buy the Brooklyn bridge while we are telling long tales. And I'm all ear about what you do for the needy. Pray tell please.

Linda Ikeji said...

@anon...
here it is...
I have small money but I can't spend 50grand on a bag (at least not now)...so yes, they are all gifts. It's not easy to be a fine girl now is it? lol!

cheers.

Anonymous said...

you know what they say ... beauty fades but dumb is forever.

Anonymous said...

@ anon 4:04pm
ur such a looser. u obviously just one silly arse hater.
she told u the bags were gifts, it was now her beauty u went 2 attack, lol...how sad a person u are!!
read ur comments again, gosh u r so silly!

Ademola Morebise said...

Nice Write Up, I think i will become a passionate follower of your blog

Nnamdi said...

Hey Linda, read your blog with so much enthusiasm – very well written. However I was just wondering, the LV bag you refer to and the other designer bags, do you imply they cost for about 50K naira each. You need to tell us were you got those deals from as the cheapest LV bag I had come across is about £500. I don’t mind getting one at that price for a very dear sister. Cheers!!!

Mobolaji Johnson said...

I just started blogging and it seems you are one of the most popular bloggers in Nigeria! Keep up the good work.

Anonymous said...

What about Paul and the lady that was pregnant for him? I heard the twins both have big penis that's why ladies drool after them ;-)

Anonymous said...

What about Paul and the lady that was pregnant for him? I heard the twins both have big penis that's why ladies drool after them ;-)

Recent Posts