Relationship Question! + Naija Entertainment News + Funny Cartoons. | Welcome to Linda Ikeji's Blog

LI_Leaderboard_4

LI_Leaderboard_1

LI_Leaderboard_2

LI_Leaderboard_3

Saturday 20 October 2007

Relationship Question! + Naija Entertainment News + Funny Cartoons.

Sshhhh! I want to gossip but don't say I told you this o...

My neighbours downstairs? The married couple with three kids? They sleep in separate bedrooms.

I went to their flat this morning to pick up my jewelries, the lady of the house ushered me into her room and there was nothing to indicate she was sharing the space with a man. Trust me and my 'amebo' nature, I asked and she told me her husband has the room opposite hers...she said that's the way it's always been (her husband's idea). Shhhhh, don't tell o..lol!

Married but sleep in separate bedrooms? Ain't that...?

What if one of them gets horny at night, what happens? They go knocking on the door at 12 midnight? 2 am? Wake the kids up with the knocking and opening of the door? Instead of just turning to your partner and say 'Honey, I want some". Isn't that less stressful? What about cuddling at night? When one is cold and wants to be held?

What am I getting married for if I won't have someone to hold at night? To share my space with, watch a late night movie with, share break fast in bed, discuss the day with., ransack his wardrobe and closet? lol!

If my husband asks for a separate bedroom, to me, that's ground for divorce...how dare HE deny me the privileges of married life...nonsense! lol.

But seriously, is it okay for married couples to have separate bedrooms?


Naija Entertainment News

Rugged Man launches clothing line
Today, Saturday 20th, is the official launching of Ruggedman’s clothing line at Nu Metro, Silverbird Galleria, V/Island. I hear celebrities will be the ones modeling his clothes. I hope this works out well for Rugged.


Emeka Ossai remarries.
Star actor, Emeka Ossai is set to marry again, years after his first wife, actress Jennifer Okere. His wife to be is Jumai, the daughter of Senator Isa Braimoh. Their traditional wedding will hold on Thursday, Dec 27th and the white wedding will hold on Friday, Dec 28th. Good luck to them.

The Nigerian Movie Directory
The ever growing Nigerian movie industry will get a directory on Sunday, Oct 28th, 2007, as Ultimate Communications prepares to unveil it’s directory which contains 2, 500 contact addresses of practitioners in the movie industry. The unveiling will hold at Lacampayne Tropicana, Adeniyi Jones, Ikeja.

D Banj and P-Square win Channel0 award
Unlike last year when Nigerian artistes won in about 10 categories, they only got 3 awards this year in the eleven categories they were nominated in. P Square and De Indispensables won in their categories as the Best Group Video and Best African Video respectively, while D Banj won in Best Special Effects Video out of the four categories he was nominated for.

P Square Changes Plans
Contrary to their initial plans of releasing their next album in audio and video CD’s, the twin brothers will no longer be releasing their next album that way. The new 10 tracker album, which is titled ‘Game Over’, will be released in a matter of days and the video CD will be out in January.

Nigerian Music Video Awards
The Award, which holds on Dec 2nd 2007, is meant to recognize and reward particularly the outstanding creators of music videos, (directors, editors, animators, directors of photography and choreography) in various categories. Artistes are already sending in their entry which closes Oct 31st.

Club MTV Base storms Nigeria
Music Channel, MTV Base and Guinness Extra Smooth are coming together to boost Nigeria’s urban club culture with the roll out of a new live music event franchise, known as Club MTV Base Extra Smooth, aimed at young Nigerian music fans aged 18-28. Their events or parties will swing into groove from Oct to Dec 2007, kicking off in Lagos on Sat Oct 27th, and then touring Abuja (Nov 10th), Benin City (Nov 24th) and back to Lagos (Dec 15th).

Popular comedian, Ali Baba, who already has three jeeps, (we call it jeeps in Nigeria) in his garage, has just acquires another one. A red Dodge. The comedy business is really booming.

The Black Eyed Peas performed at the This day Centre last Sunday, Oct 14th. I heard the show was off the hook. Oluchi was also in town for the show. If you want to see more pictures of the event, go to one of my favourite blogs, Naijagal.blogspot.com.

Speaking of Oluchi, the Super Model is now into real estate. She just bought a $1.7m West End condo in New York City. She already has a 2-bedroom apartment at the Imperial (it goes for between $7, 000 and $9, 000 monthly). Her studio at Jade Jaggers Eponymous condo in Flatiron also goes for about $3, 250 a month.

"Basically, what I do is invest in apartments and let them out" Oluchi was overheard telling a pal.

The wife of designer, Luca Luca, and mother of Ugochukwu, will soon graduate with a Bachelor of Science degree in Leadership and Management from the prestigious New York University.

More grease to her elbow!

Introducing Quorum 4
Some services that Quorum 4 offers.
Coming to Nigeria services include:
• Hotel advice and booking at discounted Quorum rates.
• Attractions advise.
• Trip pals.
• Tourist/Foreigner assistance.
• Internal logistics
• Domestic travel advice and booking.
• Personalised itineraries.
• Customized day tours.
• Mobile phone + phone line rental during your stay.
• Car hire + driver.
• 24 hours Quorum4 help/enquiries line.
• Many more.
We answer any enquiries within 24 hrs and its absolutely free! Drop us an email at mailto:hquorum4@quorumng.com.
Website: http://www.quorumng.com/


Meanwhile, here are some Funny Cartoons to brighten up your day.















Hope your weekend is going well? I'm taking today and tomorrow off to rest...I'll just blog, watch movies, eat, sleep, and not step out of my house...pretty boring huh?
I'm just waiting for Tuesday to go pick up my magazines...and 2/3 weeks to go to the airport...then my life will become exciting again.
Have a FABULOUS weekend and do let me know what you think about married couples sleeping in separate rooms...Cheers!

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Linda! Ok I do think it s pretty weird to sleep in seperate rooms when ur married! What do u do when ur ready to have kids? That's so odd my hubby better not insist on such nonsense or else... Lol! Anyway have a great weekend Linda!

Anonymous said...

sleeping in seperate rooms in a marriage relationship is one of the signs that there is crack in the union.
unfortunately,the kids in such homes will not have a happy marriage modelled to them.

Anonymous said...

so happy for emeka.After staying a widow for over a decade.

Couples sleeping in separate rooms is not healthy for the relationship.

My hubby and I have always shared a room.

Nice post as always linda

love ur new blog template btw

Anonymous said...

my hubby and i have always slept in separate rooms, thats the way we like it. 3 children and 10 years later, we are still very much together and in love........ to each their own, marriage is about more than the convenience of have sex at your fingertips!

Anonymous said...

What am I getting married for if I won't have someone to hold at night? To share my space with, watch a late night movie with, share break fast in bed, discuss the day with, ransack his wardrobe and closet? lol

Linda, it's all said and good...but sometimes when you start popping out dem kids, it doesn't always work that way...marriage is not a bed of roses; whatever works for the family honey!

Anonymous said...

Linda if you marry and your husband does not want you to blog anymore what will you do?

Linda Ikeji said...

@anon 5:31,I know marriage is not a bed of roses...still sleeping apart is not the norm, or is it?
@anon 8:38,I wont date not to talk of marrying a man who does not like what I do...who are u?hmmm?

cally-waffybabe said...

LINDA!!! Gbeborun!!! LMFAO!!! Girl, you keep making me smile. LOL!!! Well, although i have friends that have separate rooms from their husbands, i personally won't o. If my stuff is so much that it'd affect us sharing a room, i'd move my excess stuff into a spare room instead of staying apart.
Even when there are kids involved, the kids should have their own room o. They ain't sleeping on the same bed as maself and their daddy. What fcukery?! Abeg jare, my husband na for me, myself and i...no sharing!!!

BTW babe, those cartoons are hilarious. Washing "balls"?! WTF?! LOL!!!

chioma said...

hello linda..interesting blog..now the fact that a couple have seperate rooms doesnt mean they sleep in seperate rooms. GOOD example my folks have a great marriage..but as soon as we got a house with enough rooms she got her own room..why? well for one she didnt want friends enetring her matrimonial bedroom..i mean its kinda private (plus my dads a very private person while my mum is not)...also she needed more room for her stuff. but guess what she never spent a night in her room..she could have an afternoon nap there, gist with friends in there but once night came she moved to Dads room.
When I got married I thought I would have my own rom and my husband flipped cus in his own home his mum and dad shared one room (though half of her things where in her daughters room). You see its one thing to have different rooms and another to sleep in different rooms. For me as long as they always sleep in the same room (fight or no fight) theres nothing wrong with having seperate rooms.

SMB Johnson said...

Linda, its good for maarried couples to have seperate rooms but it's advsablee for them to sleep in this samme room and on the same bed. Have seperate room to keep personnal belongings not for you to sleep seperately. Just as u said, Linda, if u need 'it' around 1 am, and you're in seperate rooms, WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO?

This is just my thoughts
SMB O'Johnson
www.apostle-smb.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

the cartoons hilarious he he he

Anonymous said...

the cartoon is hilarious

Anonymous said...

My parents slept in sepearte rooms, but like Chioma it started out with my mother being a packrat, she doesn't throw stuff away and my dad being a neat freak, so there was the need for two separate rooms and CLOSETS to store their stuff, but the funny thing is that though technically it's different rooms, it's more like one room, since when you're laying on my moms' bed and you turn your head, my dad's "room" is right there, you can see the rooms, no doors or anything between them

Meadows j. said...

My parents slept in separate rooms, dont ask me how they got me and my brothers here. My parents are still very much together and looking after each other for 36 years.

i would love my hubby to move into a separate room so that we could sneak into each room for a hot night cap. thats sexy.

Unknown said...

hey linda, i don't agree on seperate bedrooms but separate bathrooms are a must for me.

please tell those quorum folks to fix their website, it looks all over the place

YankeeNaija said...

When I lived with my uncle and his wife, they each had their own rooms. She, my aunt, had her own room to, as Chioma said, keep her clothes and other personal items. (I think mainly because my uncle is such a clothes horse that there was no room in his closet for any of her stuff. Go figure.) And another reason why they had seperate rooms, for which I'm sure my uncle was greatful for, was after they had one of their colossal fights, he could lock himself up in his room and yes I know sad but true, punish his wife for being a witch with a b. Which, in all fairness, she was and still is.

I personally wouldn't want to have a seperate bedroom from my husband. But for those that do, I think I have a clearer understanding of why.

Great blog Linda. Keep up the good work.

Anonymous said...

In the early years of marriage my parents were in the same room but after the last child. they had different rooms although their doors led into each others room.
I guess some married couples like my parents need more space for clothes and stuffs.However, for early years of marriage with no issue living in seperate rooms, then there is big problem

lemonade factory said...

married couples sleeping in seperate rooms thats wrong ho!!!!!! despite the fact that ur neighbours might have their reason maybe the brother snores or madam no wan carry belle but still i think its wrong what happened to oneness when u guys share seperate beds them for just stay as boyfriend and girlfriend?????????? me i can agree to such ho if its to sleep in seperate beds at least i got a bed in my fathers house,thats basically unacceptable what if u feel like u know!!! then u go knocking on doors!!! na wah ho

Anonymous said...

Hey Linda, i think its ok to have seperate rooms.U know women and OUR wardrobe but then again i say sleep in his room. How do we get our groove on if we have to cross halls without the kids hearing? What if one of my kids happens to be a lite sleeper???!!!!?? Lol Just like me. See....

A.G...

Anonymous said...

Great post. I find the difficulties and choices made by couples in their sleeping habits to be fascinating. Some people can't slep away from each other when they're traveling and others can't sleep with each when they're together. You have great insight. I found this blog to have an interesting insight. I stumbled upon it like I came upon yours: http://burisonthecouch.wordpress.com/2009/11/24/zzzzzzzz/

Thanks for the post! I’d love to see more. Thanks!

-Martha

Recent Posts