Heeeelp, I'm vanishing. + How to loose weight + How to slow down the aging process | Welcome to Linda Ikeji's Blog

LI_Leaderboard_4

LI_Leaderboard_1

LI_Leaderboard_2

LI_Leaderboard_3

Monday 15 October 2007

Heeeelp, I'm vanishing. + How to loose weight + How to slow down the aging process

I don't know what's wrong with me, I've been loosing weight like a sick person in the last month or so. In fact that's the reason I haven't shot another episode of my TV show. My director and producer have refused to put me in front of the camera until I add a little more weight.

Two weeks ago, I weighed 53 kg. When I checked yesterday, I weighed 49 kg...don't know how much it's measured in pounds, but that's really really unhealthy, considering my height!


This is what I used to look like...this was 5/6 years ago. See how chubby and healthy I used to look?


This is what I look like now...this photo was taken two days ago. Me and my mommy! See how big my head is compared to the rest of my body? lol! Can you see how my bones are hanging out? See how tiny my arms are? No longer sexy!

My mum doesn't even like looking at me anymore lol...she complains and complains and complains...


So help me people, what do I do? I need to weigh at least 55 kg (according to my director) before I can appear on TV, otherwise, we will be getting a lot of criticisms about my weight. He says I look sick.

I eat well, I sleep well, I take vitamins, appetite stimulants...still I'm skinny.

And no, I don't have AIDS...I already checked. lol!
And no, I'm not depressed or anything like that...in fact I'm having me a really beautiful time right now.
And no, I'm not stressed, I enjoy everything I do.

So what the heck is the problem?

I can't shoot my TV programme and the photo shoot I was supposed to do has been cancelled...TWICE! They said my body was unflattering to the dress...imagine!lol

Maybe I should just fire my director and get someone who thinks I look healthy enough?

Ok, maybe that's not such a good idea! Besides, there's something really special happening in 2/3 weeks and I want to look real cute for that...

So what do I do? Who can give me advice? How do I add 5 kg in 2 weeks?

Any experts reading this? Pls give me advice.

While I'm waiting for your advice, I want to say that there are those who might like my slimness and want to shed all that fat on their body...well, here's how YOU can loose weight.


How to loose weight

1. Determine your daily calorie intake. Losing weight is simply a matter of expending more calories than you take in, through exercise and your daily activities.
2. Plan your meals. Look for healthy, delicious meals online or in your cookbooks, and create a menu for the week.
3. Graze on healthy snacks. Just because you're getting healthy doesn't mean you can't snack. In fact, eating small meals and snacks throughout the day, or grazing, has been shown to aid weight loss, (compared to eating three large meals a day), by keeping metabolism steadier.
4. Just Get more fiber. There are many myths about fiber, but there is science to back up its helpful role in the diet. Fiber keeps the right amount of water in your intestines, making your digestive system work more efficiently and helping to keep you regular.
5. Drink plenty of water. Adequate Adequate water is essential for health, and a great many people simply don't get enough
6. Exercise. Remember you can lose weight either by decreasing your calorie intake or increasing the number of calories you burn. Any health strategy should include both, but if you want to lose weight fast, exercise is essential.
7. Perform high-level aerobic activities. Pump some iron. Resistance training, (weight training), can help both sexes stay lean by building muscle and raising metabolism.
8. Rest properly. This means not only taking at least 24-48 hours between strength training the same muscles, (and taking 1-2 days off from exercising each week); it also means getting enough sleep at night, since sleep deficiency impairs your ability to lose fat.
9. Be realistic. Don't expect a miracle. Healthy weight loss can be achieved fairly quickly, but you'll need to be patient.
10. Make adjustments. A successful weight loss strategy based on reducing calorie intake and increasing activity can be adjusted to maintain your desired weight once you reach it



Sometimes, I feel like I look older than my age...sometimes I feel I look younger. For those of you aging TOO FAST, here are tips on ways to slow it down a little.

11 Ways to slow down the aging process

1. Change your perception of time. Don't be in a hurry.
2. Get restful sleep.
3. Eat fresh, nutritious food.
4. Take at least two multivitamins with minerals every day.
5. Practice a mind body technique such as yoga or tai chi.
6. Exercise regularly.
7. Don't put toxins in your life, including toxic food, toxic
emotions, toxic relationships, and avoid toxic environments or toxic relationships.
8. Have a flexible attitude to minor hassles.
9. Look at so-called problems as opportunities.
10. Nurture loving relationships.
11. Always have an attitude of curiosity, learning, and wonder and spend time with children.

By the way, I hung out with Excited Jade and Tayo Odukoya yesterday. It was a fab outing. Ask excited, I was eating pastries and Ice cream like a mad woman...she wondered where all the food was going to...God help me sha! lol!

I also hear that some bloggers (home and abroad) are planning a Xmas party here in Nigeria, since most of y'all are coming home.Wow, that's something to look forward to. I'll put ears to the ground for any new gists about it.

Meantime, have a fab day!

36 comments:

Anonymous said...

lol..Linda usually it happens the other way around...but I guess gaining weight shoudln't be any difficult expect you have problems with your metabolism, you know like Nicole Richie claimed she has a the inability to gain weight diesease. You just need to do the opposite, don't excerise, eat a lot of fatty foods and get some more flesh....or here even a better idea...get pregnant...LOL..can't you see Nicole is looking her best now that she's pregnant.

NigeriaPolitricks.com said...

You look tres fabulous!

ibiluv said...

Dearie....u DO need to gain weight o.i have also been trying to gain 5kg for yearsssssssssssss.i have been 44kg for tooooooooooooo long,i need meat on my bones,so i will gladly take from any advice u get here....i wonder y for some of us it is hard to GAIN weight
*wink*

Unknown said...

Lilly, you look the same in both pics..the only difference is that we dont see your full photo...anyways, I think you look fab with your size provided you are not anorexic or have any eating disorder! Maybe U r one of those that would add 'em up after childbirth!

Anonymous said...

maybe u need a vacAtion.......drop everything u r doing for one week.sleep,eat and play.
btw,it unrealistic to gain 53kg in 2weeks...lol

Bella Naija said...

Linda,you look good.
Some people are naturally skinny but I think 49kg for your weight makes you underweight.
I would suggest going for a thyroid test, an overactive thyroid cause weightloss and overworks your metabolism.
As per gaining weight, I dont suggest overindulging in unhealthy food like icecream. Instead, increase your portion size and frequenc of proper meals. Also introduce more carbs into your diet. You should also do some light excercise like pilates to ensure you remain fit through your weight gain.
Good luck girl

Pyeri Boy said...

Linda you do look skinny...but trusting you, you will do what you need to do to continue to do what you love to do! (did that make sense).

Yes the blogger party will be in full effect. Woohoo! cant wait to meet yall.

My love to Oduks! He is like the MAIN MAN!

cally-waffybabe said...

Linda hun, bella naija took the words right out of my mouth. That's all you need to do girl. Kate Garraway also had the same problem after giving birth and her doctors later discovered that she had an overactive thyroid, like bella naija also pointed out. If you Google up the story, you'd prolly see what she did to solve the problem cos she's gained almost two stones since her treatment.
Having said all this, you still look really good. I'm 20kg heavier than yourself and REALLY want to be 65kg...*sigh*
Take care of you girl.

Kisses
xxx

Anonymous said...

As a doctor,I'd suggest you det a test done to check your thyroid function.
While you are at the doctors',have them do an MOT that way,you can rest assured when given the all clear.

Cheetarah said...

The camera ads 10pounds woman so go on and shoot the show u wunt be bad. Maybe ur stressed,ive lost alot of weigh too and my ma not pleased either and I think it was stress related for me. U probably just have high metabolism,dont sweat it the weigh will come but im taking vitamins doe,so u mite wanna try that too.

Ms. Catwalq said...

why can't we exchange metabolisms....

Anonymous said...

Eat lots of thick yellow custard with milk and sugar ...you will get overnight results.You looked so qute with a little more weight. i promise the custard maybe the bids brand will resolve the problem. Good luck sis !

Omodudu said...

As long as you are sure everything is aiight inthe health department..you are good. Wow I did not know we had doctor bloggers though..carly waffy and co..I'd say by all standards you may be a bit underweight though..its worth checking out with the ...okay I have to shut my mouth now.

Anonymous said...

hi, ok i feel your pain, have the same problem too. The key is to increase your calorie intake, you probably need to consume about 2000 calories a day, eat lots of carbs(yam, potatoes, rice, spaghetti..), things like yogurt and icecream are good as u can even see how many calories they have on the packaging. Also what worked for me was to eat something every hour... yes every hour (like bread, or a choclate bar). oh and lots of bananas. Also do NOT stop exercising, u can build muscle and bulk that way. keep the food healthy! Goodluck!. 'Red

Anonymous said...

I hate to say this but diabetes type 1 makes people loose weight,...check yourself...and see if you have a family history of this...... or it just be stress..relax if that is possible...u sound like a workaholic........take a couple of days off if possible.......

Segedoo said...

hey linda, it's been ages. anyway good to know you're still as good as ever.

i suggest you rest well and i mean rest in your mind.

i have a problem with gaining weight myself (remember how i looked when we met?) so i might not be an expert at advicing you.

but baby, rest and it'll all come back

Linda Ikeji said...

Thanks everyone.Bella, did u say Thyroid?...that sounds serious o...will c a nutritionist soon.

Linda Ikeji said...

@cally, girl kisses to u too.
@segedoo, where you dey since?
@NP, thanks!
@anon, im taking a vacation in a couple of weeks
@omodudu.everything (i hope) is alright in the health department

Anonymous said...

yuck you look horribble we know you are not happy deep down even though you say you are

Anonymous said...

Deworm your self

Anonymous said...

Linda, you look gooood.... but since you say you weigh in at 49kg??? Girl, you are underweight!!! You claim to sleep well, eat well and say you are not stressed...

The only thing I can suggest (apart from earlier health check suggestions) is for you to slow down.... You are obviously very lively and interesting, but I can sense a bit of over hyperactivity there as well. Give the blog a break (I'll sure miss that one though) and try and reduce your mental activity a bit. I'm not saying you should zero yourself totally but I think you should just take an all round break, both mental and physical. Enjoy your food as usual and get loads of rest and stress over nothing.

If you still don't add weight... then rock your figure girl.... people are paying thousands to lipo themselves and they still dont look that good. But hey, the key is to relax inside, out!!!!

Linda Ikeji said...

@anon 3:32.tot I wouldnt upload ur comment? I look horrible? Sweetheart, I might be skinny..at the moment...but I ain't horrible looking babes..ask all the men in your family to stop calling me.lol!
Soon, you'll know how happy I am.wink!
@deltabelle, thanks for the advise...i will soon a take a break

Linda Ikeji said...

@anon 3:32.tot I wouldnt upload ur comment? I look horrible? Sweetheart, I might be skinny..at the moment...but I ain't horrible looking babes..ask all the men in your family to stop calling me.lol!
Soon, you'll know how happy I am.wink!
@deltabelle, thanks for the advise...i will soon a take a break

ExcitedJade said...

linda darl, dontm ind anony 3:32( u're happy 24/7(dont worry, no spilling).. they will know soon.

as i said, u need to take malt and drink evaporated milk often.. it sure will help u.. but my dear, no matter how ulook, u're still the BOMB
Nice meeting u.

Waffarian said...

Start lifting weights and eat Protein! Protein bars, shakes, etc. Make sure you get a good gym plan that will focus on you gaining weight. A friend of mine recently did the same thing, he was seriously underweight. I also think you should check ur thyroid gland, but if you have no problems there, go to the gym!

Anonymous said...

@ anon3.32 paste your pic before you call someone else horrible.your comments shows you are a horrible person. If you have a problem with Linda sort it out with her.

@linda, i was going to make out a joke and tell you to do the opposite of how to loose weight, but this anon3.32 really pissed me.

Meadows j. said...

Never mind Linda, when you start having kids the weight shall come. i am fighting to loose all that baby weight, its happening but hardwork. mumsie looks good, send my love to her.

Anonymous said...

i envy u o linda wishh we cld swap,on a serious note u need to add soe weight and i always wish i ckld lose so much weigh that my hubby ll strart begging me to add some weight cos right noe he screens everything that enters my mouth,i m sure u re fine though ,get married girl and let the babies start coming,one last thing,i m really begginning to fall in love with u,never thot i ld

Anonymous said...

Awwww....Linda sweetie. I wish i could switch places with ya. Been trying to loose weight for ages. As Bella and a few others have said, u need to go for a thorough check-up with a genuine doctor, not with those 'oluwole' ones at d d corners of Lagos.

Anonymous said...

i wish i had ur metabolism..lol.
u still look good tho hun...just do wat evryone said u shld do..i guess..

Anonymous said...

I think you are pregnant with twins, infact i know, that glow in them beautiful eyes says it all. Take care, after morning sickness, you will be able to keep the food down, Ndo my sister, it is not easy. Just try to eat everything you crave, that will help you small, ndo, sorry sister.

Linda Ikeji said...

@excitedjade, it was nice meeting u too.
@meadowsj,everyone says hi
@anon 3:25, nice to know ure beginning to fall in love with me.whoever you are, kisses to u!
@tomi, dont mind the nonsense anon.lol!
@waffarian, lift weight?abi the weight should lift me?lol, never been to a gym, maybe i shud start doing so now.
@wienna.switch places with me?with all dem bones...i want to be bootilycious like beyonce
@im a babe,abeg come take my metabolism...it's too full of bones
@anon 9:53, pregnant with twins?hah!are u alright? lol.anyway, I accept it!

Anonymous said...

I just came a tad too late to give advise on ur dilemma. I do second BN's suggestion cause when I was reading ur blog what came to mind was Hyperthyrodism. The common symptoms are palpitation, protruding eyeballs(I tried checking ur pics but its not that clear) diarrhea, nervousness, tremor of the hands, Mood swings etc. I don't think you need a nutritionist for the diagnosis. You have to have a thyroid test done at one of the hospitals or any private doctore in Naija.
All in all I think u look good and perfectly proportioned although I do not know ur height you do need a little 5kg but do not kill urself if does not happen soon
Take Care

Anonymous said...

Hey Linda, I had to comment cos a few months ago I had the same problem, trust me you need to rest more and eat 100 times more than you do now. Eat loads of carbohydrates,most especially pounded yam, drink loads of malt, eat late, drink loads of milk too. Also you need to feel comfortable in your skin, and dont worry too much..just try to love the way you look now and let nature work its magic and by the way you are beautiful no matter how slim or otherwise...all it takes is a little time and u'll see the results. Also Bella was right about undergoing a thyroid check cos it could be one of the reasons, and trust me its not as bad as it sounds there are two types, hyperthyroidism and hypo. one makes u gain weight as a result of slow metabolism and the other makes u lose weight as a result of a very fast metabolism.
Wish you all the best girl.....U r still Beautiful neways.

Anonymous said...

Well girl.i had the same probelm,naturally skinny and all.A ll you need to do is eat, when i mean eat, i mean EAT.set a reminder on ur fone breakfast,snack,lunch,snack,dinner,snack and hot or cold chocolate.trust me it would work.
well just try it before you no it ure upbit.

Nice blog

Anonymous said...

i had the same problem in nigeria but when i moved to the USA in less than 6 months i gained like 10kg from 50 to 60 .

like others i'll advice that you increase your calory and eat late it does wonders.

love your block

Recent Posts