BUSY BUSY DAY! | Welcome to Linda Ikeji's Blog

LI_Leaderboard_4

LI_Leaderboard_1

LI_Leaderboard_2

LI_Leaderboard_3

Monday 16 April 2007

BUSY BUSY DAY!

I just got back from a very busy day. Had to handle two modeling shoots for a company using my models to represent their brand. For the first time in months I missed being in front of the camera. What we shot today was for a cosmetics company and the models had to wear really skimpy clothing, there were two make-up artists, a costumier, a director for the shoot, a camera man and I was there to direct the girls on how to pose, smile, positions to take etc. I envied the models so badly that I was almost tempted to ask the director to let me join the models. I haven't been in front of a camera in so long. Anyway, the shooting went well, but we couldn't finish. We'll continue tomorrow.

So I got back really tired but decided to check in with you guys. Let it not be said that Linda didn't post in one day...even if it's just a post lol.

There's just so much going on in Naija right now. More election results have been released, there was terrible fighting in the Aguda area of Lagos in Surulere, close to where I live, between angry supporters of AC and Supporters of PDP, where I learnt two lives were lost, cars destroyed, people injured...etc. It was crazy.

Also I heard at least 32 people were killed and more than two dozen wounded at Virginia Tech university today in the deadliest campus shooting in U.S. history. I don't have all the details of that incident so I won't say anything about it until I get all the info I need...I'm sure most of you have heard the story. It's so sad that such senseless killings are still happening in our society.

Then I heard Richard Gere caused 'wahala' for himself by kissing Indian actress and Celebrity Big Brother winner Shilpa Shetty several times during an Aids-awareness event yesterday. In a country where sex and public displays of affection are largely taboo, photographs of Gere embracing Shetty and kissing her on the cheek were printed on newspapers' front pages which caused members of the right-wing Hindu nationalist group to set fire to glamour shots of Shetty and beat burning effigies of Gere with sticks. I don't blame Richard...which man wouldn't want to kiss a beautiful woman like Shilpa. Even if he'll pay for it later...

I'm bone tired. I got to go sleep. I can barely keep my eyes open. I'm not even reading what I'm writing...

Ok guys...gotta go. Goodnight y'all

Oh...before I go, my site meter tells me I get 350-400 hits everyday. That's great...but I'm aiming higher than that. So if you know how to help publicise my blog, do it for me please. Tell your friends, family, colleagues etc to come check this space out. Thanks and Goodnight

8 comments:

Admin UD said...

Always enjoy reading your blog and wondering what you'll be like in real life.

All da best

Anonymous said...

Was wondering if u actually have a job, as u said.lol Glad u're doing something u love and also i'm so proud of u. Keep it up. If u do miss your modelling job, u can always do it once in a while just to satisfy yourself.

Linda Ikeji said...

@wienna i do have a job.infact i have six members of staff that i pay monthly salary.i have a model's manager, event manager, secretary, pa, editor/writer, gm/adviser.as soon as my mag kicks up big time, il employ more people.so u see, i be madam lol
btw, what's lmao?

Linda Ikeji said...

@ugo.u have a blog right?kindly tell me what its called?

Anonymous said...

told every1 I know. Yur blog is treully awesome

Anonymous said...

Miss Bossy!!! lol....maybe i go pack my things and move back to lagos to come join your company next year. I fit become your PA/bodyguard. I get black belt for taekwendo.
LMAO means Laughing My Ass Off

Unknown said...

Way to go, Linda. Be the employer and create more jobs for employees. It's great to see young people doing that... and I wish more (including my) would join. BTW, I could show you a way to get a little more traffic to your site. If you use Yahoo messenger, my ID is tayo111. Buzz me and I'll put you through some details.

Linda Ikeji said...

I'll reach u tayo

Recent Posts