Cindy Crawford speaks out for the first time about her leaked unretouched photo | Welcome to Linda Ikeji's Blog

LI_Leaderboard_4

LI_Leaderboard_1

LI_Leaderboard_2

LI_Leaderboard_3

Wednesday 2 September 2015

Cindy Crawford speaks out for the first time about her leaked unretouched photo

Cindy Crawford has spoken out for the first time about the unauthorised release of a supposedly unretouched photograph of herself. The model hit the news earlier this year when a photo purporting to be a pre-Photoshop version of a Marie Claire picture of her went viral.

While many women saw the less-than-perfect image as a positive step, Cindy felt its release was malicious.

'I felt blindsided,' she told Elle Canada. 'I was very conflicted, to be honest.'
The unflattering image showed a then 48-year-old Crawford revealing a less-than-flat stomach while dressed only in her lingerie. 
In the image the 49-year-old had wrinkles and sagging skin around her stomach area. 
The photo had allegedly been digitally manipulated to exaggerate any slight flaws.
'That picture didn’t reflect what I saw when I looked in the mirror—even in the worst dressing-room lighting,' she explained. 
Cindy's face in its natural state in a leaked, unphotoshopped picture that  went viral. 
But Cindy felt she was unable to speak out against it, because so many women saw it as a positive step.
'It put me in a tough spot: I couldn’t come out against it because I’m rejecting all these people who felt good about it, but I also didn’t embrace it because it wasn’t real - and even if it were real, I wouldn’t have wanted it out there,' she said.
'I felt really manipulated and conflicted, so I kept my mouth shut.' 

Cindy said she didn't understand why seeing a bad picture of her should make people feel better.
'Why would seeing a bad picture of me make other people feel good? I know my body, and I know it’s not perfect, but maybe I have a false body image; maybe I think I look better than I do. I think that most women are hard on themselves.'
However she did admit: 'Sometimes, the images that women see in magazines make them feel inferior—even though the intention is never to make anyone feel less.
'So somehow seeing a picture of me was like seeing a chink in the armour. Whether it was real or not isn’t relevant, although it’s relevant to me. I don’t try to present myself as perfect.'
When the picture went viral celebrity snapper John Russo said in a statement to ABC News that the image - from a 2013 cover shoot with Marie Claire Mexico - was 'stolen or unlawfully accessed and then altered and distributed to the media.'
Russo added: 'It has been falsely claimed that this photograph represents an un-retouched image of Cindy Crawford. This is not true.
'It is a fraudulent altered version of my photograph. I am grateful that this fact has been brought to the public's attention and that corrections are being run in the media.'

28 comments:

Unknown said...

Ok

Davido's driver said...

Ok!!

Unknown said...

Its well wit her soul and I wish her all d best.
God bless her.

Anonymous said...

Maybe she should have kept her peace. One day she will look like that. It's nature taking its course.

Unknown said...

Nawa o
Well...

Bonita Bislam said...

These people have no problem @ all

Unknown said...

For window blinds, wallpaper and curtains please call 08160856785.

Unknown said...

In dat photo she kinda look like madam Cait....

Unknown said...

Ok we hear


*cute bree*

Unknown said...

a.k.a EDWIN CHINEDU AZUBUKO said..
.
She is still beautiful though and thats fact.
.
.
***CURRENTLY IN JUPITER***

Unknown said...

Ummmmm. Na danger dey your back o!





Auntie linda you see am...

Unknown said...

Ummmmm. Na danger dey your back o!





Auntie linda you see am...

Unknown said...

Pro narcissisit!.. Its Perfectly alright to think u are absolutely stunning and Beautiful even if its all in ur head and people say otherwise..

Unknown said...

Ok!

Blog It With Olivia said...

Ok







#it Will OnLy Get BettER
#It MuSt EnD iN prAisE

dharmmy said...

Where is the picture

ary said...

She should have let it lie

Unknown said...

Was d big deal now we will all grow old someday
Sassynero says so

Unknown said...

Ok

Unknown said...

Abeg na she know. Linda take note!

Unknown said...

Abeg na she know. Linda take note!

Unknown said...

Abeg na she know. Linda take note!

Unknown said...

Her biz




















***odikwa risky nd tyt***

Anonymous said...

linda where is the said picture, I want to see how deceptive these people can be in making us feel shapeless and out of contest.

aproko manager said...

Ok

SMURF said...

I felt she won't like it too!!! There are obsessed with being skinny abroad.

Unknown said...

Why are they so scared of ageing?

Unknown said...

Defend yourself!

Recent Posts