I felt a burden to share this with you and encourage you, first to the musician and perhaps it can inspire your other dreams too.
- Never leave your ready helping hand for an unknown one, unless the Holy Spirit specifically instructs you to do so. Patiently wait on that person that's paying attention to you and helping out in your dream right now. If you assess the situation in all honesty and believe this person has not contributed anything to your development or has brought retrogress, ask God to direct you to whom it is where you help lies.
Read more >>
- Start from where you are...your church, your church band, minister to your congregration. Do a short form album called an EP or a Maxi Single (usually with 5 or 7 tracks) and minister the songs to your congregation, spread them around your local radio and places that will play you kind of music publicly, do interviews at the radio stations etc, get something going around your environs, slowly work your way into the church or concert circuit and begin to perform. When you start making moves other things will open up. Don't think you must always start off with a video, big album launch etc. Step by step.
- You've got to be tough, diligent, persistent and ready to sacrifice. Bear in mind that Rome wasn't built in a day, neither in a year or two or five, perhaps even ten etc...scared already? You can't thrive long without passion.
- Very important. Find a manager. Someone who believes in your talent enough to invest their time and sometimes their resources on you, knows his/her way round the music/media circuit in your locale and most importantly is trustworthy. Pray for God to lead you and show you this person.
- Make music from your heart. Strive for nothing but the best, knowing there are many okay/average songs out there. Good enough should not be enough for you. Seek to be excellent and stand out. As a true minister of God, your first focus should be expanding the kingdom of God, and not money or fame, make it all about Him and His glory will rub off on you.
- Most important of all discover who you are. Music might be one of the talents God has given you, but is it the greatest of them all? You can only thrive easiest at your greatest gift, if not you will struggle very much to make an impact. Find out who you truly are by true reconciliation to God through Christ, daily worship and living for Him. He will then show you your true destiny, and then you can walk in it and work at it with a divinely inspired conviction that will pull down all strongholds and challenges in your path.
...and oh yeah I almost forgot, You may need to work and feed from another job while pursuing your dream, before your dream can break and start feeding you, but then don't forget who you are. This relates back to the sacrifice, toughness, persistence and passion part.