The conversation between Ruggedman and 9ice about the 'Nodding' controversy | Welcome to Linda Ikeji's Blog

LI_Leaderboard_4

LI_Leaderboard_1

LI_Leaderboard_2

LI_Leaderboard_3

Wednesday 12 May 2010

The conversation between Ruggedman and 9ice about the 'Nodding' controversy
















Ruggedman confronted interviewed 9ice about the 'Nodding' controversy in the latter's song 'Once Bitten Twice Shy'. Stella Dimoko Korkus transcribed the conversation and put it on her Gist Cafe page in Encomium mag.
I copied from the mag.
I'm sure you all know the story. If you don't, the conversation between these superstar artists will give you a clue...
Here it is...

Ruggedman: Hello 9ice, Rugged ni.
9ice: Okay
Ruggedman: You dey Lagos abi you outside Lagos?
9ice: I dey Lagos.
Ruggedman: Abeg I just wan hear from you. This your song, Once bitten twice shy, is it actually about Toni Payne?
9ice: What kind of a question is that?
Ruggedman:...because go my Facebook wall and see wetin people dey write. Dem dey assume say na me and she you dey talk about.
9ice: Which kind talk be that? Me and you get problem? Why you sef go concede to ask me that kind question? You sef f**k up.
Ruggedman: I write for Toni Payne wall and people say I suppose call you and ask you. So that's why I dey call you now. I no say no be me, but I wan hear from you.
9ice: Okay, that kind thing don happen between me and you before? 
Ruggedman: No.
9ice: So why you dey follow public say them talk say? You don pass this level na.
Ruggedman: I need you to confirm.
9ice: Rugged, that kind thing don happen between me and you before? Or you hear say 9ice talk say? Leave all these motherf**king press people na. Why you dey follow dem talk?
Ruggedman: No be press dey talk.
9ice: Ehen, so leave them na.
Ruggedman: No be press dey talk, na people
9ice: Rugged, anybody wey talk, bring them make them come follow me talk. Whether them dey there when I talk am. All those things na bullsh**t now. Na people just dey make am up. All those things na make up. 
Ruggedman: I write for facebook say as long as 9ice no talk, as long as Toni no talk...
9ice: Abi I call you say Rugged you do this thing? Which kind rubbish be that? 
Ruggedman:The reason I dey call you, I been want make even if nah through your publicist, just tell them say look people, I only sang a song, I didn't talk about Toni Payne or Rugged or anybody.
9ice: No mind them jare.
Ruggedman:If I keep quiet about this, some people say being quiet is guilty. If I talk, dem go say I dey try defend myself.
9ice: Exactly.
Ruggedman: Even my momsie (Mum) dey talk say why 9ice no just come out say no, no be so o
9ice: No mind them jare. Thi is 2010 abeg, me I no get too much things to talk abeg. For me personally, what i got to tell the public, I have told them. I am separate with my wife, and that's it.
Ruggedman: We no dey talk about you separation...
9ice: No, why I talk about am be say that na the only thing wey I owe the public. To come dey talk say someone is sleeping with someone... 
Ruggedman: Now the issue be say you song, Once Bitter Twice Shy, people dey assume say na me and a lot of people are bugging me about it. I want you to talk so that I know that I have cleared this thing.
9ice: Ok now Rugged, from me to you now, read my lips ho ha, it is not Rugged that I am talking to, and such things have never transpired between Ruggedman and my wife. Allow the public to say whatever they want to say, we are not people, we are stars and as stars, people will talk about us, do you understand? But from me to you, that thing has never happened.
Ruggedman: Thank you.
9ice: So me going out and talking about it sef is rubbish.
Ruggedman: I just need one favour so all this bullshit can stop. Your album is out, it's out. I know what I am working on. I know the kind of calls wey I dey receive. When I heard about it, I did a press release and just said, guys shut up, leave all this alone. 9ice sang a song, he didn't mention anybody's name, so why are people putting me or putting his wife? So, the only favour I ask you as a friend, if na through your publicist, just say look, I sang a song about maybe past experience or something, not about Toni Payne, or Rugged, please leave them alone, finish.
9ice: I won't do that because I no go do am. I no get time. 
Ruggedman: Oh so you prefer make people dey talk about me and Toni Payne in that light?
9ice: Rugged, Rugged, at this stage of my career, me I don pass that level. Na something wey I go fit do for 2001. Me I want make you put yourself for that level. Release your album and make your money. Don't give f**k about what anybody says. Na today dem dey talk about you? Do you understand what I am saying? So, why it is now that they talk about you that has to do with me that you are calling me? Rugged what if i know dey around? If they talk about you, the best thing you can do is go all out and clear yourself. Me I dey tell you now say nothing like that happen. What if I write another song like that again tomorrow about the same thing, I would have to clear myself again? What for? It's just a song.
***


My only question is; did 9ice know the conversation was being recorded?
And what da hell does 'Nodding' mean? :-)

33 comments:

Anonymous said...

It does not make sense to me. Rugged Man cannot marry Toni Payne. Rugged Man should get married and keep out of controversies. Dagrin is gone...

We don't know when God will take us away so make babies before it is too late and mind your own business. Why did Rugged Man's fiancée dump him?

Sumptuous said...

Na wa o! All these swear words by 9ice. I'm sure dude didn't know twaz being recorded. Smart of ruggedi jo. So linda u sef no sabi nodding? Well here's my interpretation; imitate a nodding action repeatedly for like 6 or more times. To me it seems like giving a man a BJ. My 2 kobo sha coz then again, i might be wrong.

Anonymous said...

Linda, you no know nodding?
Comot for road make i hear something, i beg.
If you no sabi nodding, then the queen of England is a virgin.

Anonymous said...

sounds like 9ice doesn't even give a damn abt Toni and Rugged man. Rugged Man should go get a life. yawn.....boring

Anonymous said...

Why would Nice selfishly refuse to clear both Ruggedman's and Toni's name? That's just wrong.

Anonymous said...

http://djmightymike.net/blog/rugged-mans-revealing-phone-conversation-with-9ice-over-toni-payne-affair

Anonymous said...

Rugged man asking too much questions for 9ice to clarify.

Do I smell guilt somewhere here, People will always talk if he(RM) cannot handle comments from pple, how strong is his confidence as a STAR????????????????????.

Anonymous said...

who gives a f*&K! this is just another wanna be controvasy that really does not mean shit

Anonymous said...

WTF?? they both sound like illiterates

Unknown said...

It seems there is something that 9ice and Rugged are not saying. Of all the men in Lagos or where ever, how come fingers pointed at Rugged?
Rugged man likes to feel like a hip hop head that's tough and all,y e no do 'odeshi' for this one? Modenine must be laffing his headoff.
That Toni Payne sef,y did she hurriedly get married to 9ice?? I don see her being friends with him to say the least. Na wa o!

Owlahladiva said...

Lmao,Linda u re a case...U dn't know noddin eh. Kay it's means BJ and i dn't tink 9ice knew he waz bein recorded but now dat dis ish is online evrywhere, he prob knws.

Owlahladiva said...

Lmao,Linda u re a case...U dn't know noddin eh. Kay it's means BJ and i dn't tink 9ice knew he waz bein recorded but now dat dis ish is online evrywhere, he prob knws.

Owlahladiva said...

Lmao,Linda u re a case...U dn't know noddin eh. Kay it's means BJ and i dn't tink 9ice knew he waz bein recorded but now dat dis ish is online evrywhere, he prob knws.

Dith said...

Yea Linda I am just sure u don't know what 'nodding' means!
It means giving someone a Bj, just incase u were actually serious.

2ndly what does 9ice mean by "we r not people, we are stars"? Lol Word? That's how u feel? #mumu

3rdly, i can see he is loving d attention because if he could release a statement abt him and his wife separating, he sure as hell can release another statement clearing the air abt this drama of a song.

His wife and friend's reputations are at stake and he is over there feeling like a super star. really? People underestimate karma sha.
If it was here in d states, Ruggedman can actually get a court order forcing him to release the statement and also make a public apology on top sef.

One can just tell when a nobody suddenly becomes somebody. They almost always lose sense of what's really important.
if Mc Hammer and numerous other top stars can turn broke & become has-beens, then biko nu who d hell is 9ice?

As much as i like his songs, this whole shit is beginning to irk me as it is really nothing but pure foolishness!

Oh well i guess desperate time calls for desperate measures, so go ruggedman! go!
lol

Mena UkodoisReady said...

Why do I feel like taking a shower after reading this? Its soo dirty on so many levels, na real wah.

Its obvious that 9ice is upset but playing coy, while rugged went and published it.

Meaning even more beef coming up.:(

Its just so sordid, 9ice should get back to his wife, for better for worse and they have children! Those he think another woman wont annoy him??

Then Ruggedy should get married or just focus on his career, and even at that, he is overdue to change all that 'yo' 'yo', 'hip hop' strategy for something more matured

My two cents sha, maybe all na publicity like genevieve and dbanj also known as skibanj!

lil' miss MAKEITDEEP said...

lol.. So; musicians are not people?...
*Blank Stare*
Na wa oh... We Thank God for "stars" like 9ice who won't hold their breath to inform the masses. what an ignant!
This entire situation is extremely lame on so many levels, that I will save my brain-cells any form of damage and not bother to go into detail.

Ahbeg; Linda I love your blog jare. :)

Yejide said...

That 9ice sounds so arrogant, big-headed and illiterate. What does he mean by saying "We are not people, we are stars"? And "I don pass that level".
Who does he think he is?

Anonymous said...

Nodding means Ogede Chopping !!!...9ice & Ruggedman are foolish..this convo nor make any sense cos they washing their dirty linen outside.But Ruggedman is more foolish...That of Toni Payne i sorry 4 d poor woman...But if u really litsen or read d convo,9ice already cleared the air,he just did a song and e nor mean say na person he dey talk about...Make una Terry G Toni payne o.9ice was interested & they got married.

doll (retired blogger) said...

LOL @ Dith..youmae sense jare

@ Linda...i dint now what nodding meant too...i guess...now we both know...

doll (retired blogger) said...

and i forgot to add, this was a James Bond moves by rugged man...nice one!

Jumoke said...

I officially hate 9ice. What is he feeling like?? I dont know what Toni Payne saw in him sef. She could have done 1000 times better. The guy no even sabi good english, now he wants to rubbish the poor girl that stood by him just to sell records. He must not know about the laws of karma. what will annoy me is if toni Paayne takes this shithole son of a bitch back.

BB said...

9ice....disappointing!!

Anonymous said...

linda we are together o..i didnt know the meaning of nodding.

Anonymous said...

9ice shud hv been smart enuf 2 decode rugged moves,as 4 9ice comments dats just d way he talks,as 4 rugged recording d convos dont blame him he has 2 look 4 ways 2 clear his name...well their breakup is another lesson 4 those who r yet no married but who do we blame 4 d seperation?THE DUDE OR D WOMAN?I BLAME NICE he should know by now how sensitive women r no matter wat hold on 2 ur spouse even if u finds ur wife committing adultery na und?d men does dat frequently but 9ice get oju kokoro dude we no wake we go marry yankee brought up..him fame deceive am he should lean from 2face how it goes lol...

Anonymous said...

Ruggedman sounds like one hell of an ignorant illiterate, its a f*ckin song!! he probably wrote the song 3yrs agho 5 yrs ago or 9yrs ago. He probably didnt evenb write it!! absolute insanities. kmt

Anonymous said...

LMAO ruggedman never fails to annoy me, he steps on every nerve on my body! The dude is a complete and total deotsebag! So one cannot even sing a song anymore? MUst 9ice release statements and hold press conferences explaining every song he sings? c'mon man people be reasonable. Plus everyone even 9ice should have known ruggedma is a big fool, whats his business? or is it the conscience talkin? maybe toni was givin him a noddin for real? cos i dont understand why he's hyperventilating over a song! ps is 9ice not a star?? he was right, they cant be gettin exited over everything people say thats what he meant, he should have known better ruggedman is obviously a rugged rat!!

The Activist said...

How Rugged Man join case with Toni Payne in the first place?

Anonymous said...

I finally figured of what the problem was. if you go on 9ice's facebook fanpage. they are accusing ruggedman of these things so maybe thats what he saw. i heard the gist about a month ago so i dont know if you people are in a cave because it had spread like wildfire. the guy was fingered to be a culprit. i support him clearing his name even though his method was unethical. all the same his name is clear.

as per 9ice all i will say is no comment. im not surprised, when you pick trash from the floor and put it on the bed, it will still fall off the bed. You can take the boy out of the ghetto but you cannot take the ghetto out of the boy. I pray toni payne has moved on. the 9ice guy is not worth it, im sure without music, he has nothing.

pamela said...

9ice had it right. Rugged man just made a blunder has only worsened things with this poorly thought out action. I for one never heard this rumour... now I have.

Why go to all this trouble for heavens sake. I understand the we are stars statement, 9ices english failed him when he said we are noot people but I get his intention. Of course they are stars thats why people including the commenters on this page... are spending precious time interested in stories whether true or false. Im not a star so nobody will be interested in my gist.

Ruggedman was wrong to do this.

Anonymous said...

Why do people always point the finger at the guy. It takes two to tangle. Toni had no what she was getting herself into. This is someone who's very independent, but wants fame too. So, she thought the marriage was gonna be all rosy, as long as they got money and fame. 9ice saw a girl who seems to have her stuff together(her business), lives in LA and he's like this sounds good, let's do it. At the end of the day, they both used each other but when reality kicked in, they couldn't handle it esp Toni. Hopefully, they've learned and can work it out.

I heard Ruggedman introduced 9ice and Toni to each other. Not surprise that he's dragged into this. You know there will be speculation, drama esp now that they are separated. Did Toni cheat, and did she cheat on him with someone that is a friend? if you go with the song. So, Ruggedman has every right to want to clear his name, and Toni has every right to want to clear her name, if they are really that innocent. It looks like Toni and Ruggedman were waiting for
9ice to just clear it, but he didn't for whatever reason.

9ice, you should have release a statement, it's that simple. Geez, all that cussing changed how i see him a lil bit. 9ice is saying that they are famous, so more drama will follow them, compared to non famous folks. 9ice still sounds cocky tho.

cmoni said...

y'all can yap til 2020..9ice jus made rugged look lk a kid..if rugged cnt handle rumours nd is lookin 4 9ice 2 clear somethng he neva said then he s nt a man.
In lyf we have elites nd d masses..stars nd fans..distinguish urself in ur chosen field nd u ll become a star..so whether u haters like it or not 9ice is a star!

Azeez Shuaib said...

What we dont understand both of them do. but if this is the confirmation between them, i must say that 9ice is a disappointed man, he is an ingrate indeed, and arrogant, so the foolish make difference between star and the people so being a star is having two head or having more thinking than others, he is a bulshit, and an idiot, he speak with arrogancy, to someone who made you something, in your life, and even speak stupidly of the public who buy his music, fool. and bastard.
NODDING
according to the lyrics, is the penetration of the two opposite sex why the guy is on the system with the girl, up down up down up down.

DAVID said...

this things with 9ice and rugged ,u two ought to find a way to clarify it.but sincerely clarification should not be a probs for nice for his friend also rugged shouldnt borda about wathis hearing for he knws the power of the press.he knws wat they can do and nt do.leave that behind and get on going with ur respective career

Recent Posts