Obama's Nobel Peace Price - My stand. | Welcome to Linda Ikeji's Blog

LI_Leaderboard_4

LI_Leaderboard_1

LI_Leaderboard_2

LI_Leaderboard_3

Sunday 11 October 2009

Obama's Nobel Peace Price - My stand.

According to Alfred Nobel's will, (Initiator of the Nobel Price) the Peace Prize should be awarded to the person who:

“ during the preceding year - shall have done the most or the best work for fraternity between nations, for the abolition or reduction of standing armies and for the holding and promotion of peace congresses.
















On October 9 2009, US president, Barack Obama, was announced the winner of the Nobel Peace Price.

And ever since he won people have been writing all kinds of things ...

Some say he doesn't deserve it because he has no notable, concrete achievement to his credit.
Many say it's too much, too soon. A lot of political analysts have ridiculed Obama and the Norwegian committee that awarded the prize

From reading many online articles, analysis and comments, I can safely say there are more people against his winning than for it.

Do I think Obama deserves or doesn't deserve the Peace price? This is my stand. And I borrow words from Nigerian rapper M.I.
In one of his songs M.I said "I'm not saying I'm the best; My question is, who is better?"

"I'm not saying Obama has done so much for peace in the world, my question is; who did it better?"

In other words, if Obama doesn't deserve to win it...who does? Neville Chamberlain?
Go check out the list of nominees and tell me who you think should have won instead of President Obama...
That's all I'm saying...

Meanwhile check out past winners of the prestigious price...

Some past winners of the Peace price include - Martin Luther King Jnr, Nelson Mandela, Mother Theresa, Al Gore, Jimmy Carter, Theodore Roosevelt, Kofi Annan, Henry Kissinger, Dalai Lama, Desmond Tutu to name a few...*

I'm not saying Obama is the best, My question is; who is better?
Any answers?

11 comments:

Unknown said...

i have to say, i love your comment on Obama"s Nobel peace price. who deserves it more?

Anonymous said...

WHat a shame how obama fell into their trap noble peace price my ass!!!!!(blastmode)

Myne said...

Morgan Tsvangarai anyone?

Vera B. said...

I am, but congrats Pres, Obama.

Unknown said...

i love what u wrote about obama...
i am soooooo happy he won it...

HE IS THE MANOOO... im afraid for him....cos i can see more award coming....

Anonymous said...

Trojan Horse.

I will be carefull if i were him.

Real estate in Toronto said...

I don't get it anyway:
"...during the preceding year..." - well thats 2008, right? So what has Mr Obama actually done?

Is there a way not to accept the prize? Because what will they give him after he'll actually do something such as "most or the best work for fraternity between nations, for the abolition or reduction of standing armies and for the holding and promotion of peace congresses".
Elli

Vera B. said...

Real Estate in Toronto, they'll give him another one.

OGIDE MATTHIAS said...

Sincerely speaking no one else deserves it more than President Obama..pls haters stop hating/one other thing if i have my way i think you (Linda Ikeji)also deserve it.

Anonymous said...

It is rather interesting for me to read this blog. Thanks for it. I like such topics and anything connected to this matter. I would like to read more soon.

Julia Hakkinen

Anonymous said...

ctvhtzbpwhrxbrynuvfpx. http://www.acnetreatment2k.com/ - acne treatment
etyety

Recent Posts