NMVA 08 Winners + Igbo Ora +Julius Agwu in Pictures | Welcome to Linda Ikeji's Blog

LI_Leaderboard_4

LI_Leaderboard_1

LI_Leaderboard_2

LI_Leaderboard_3

Friday 5 December 2008

NMVA 08 Winners + Igbo Ora +Julius Agwu in Pictures

Finally here is the list of winners of the 2008 Nigerian Music Video Awards

Best Afro Pop - P-Square -Do me
Best R&B - Banky W - Don't break what's left of my heart
Best Raeggae/Dancehall - Shank - Julie
Best Use of Choreography - P-Square - Roll it
Best Editor - DJ Tee
Best Afro Hip Hop - Ikechukwu - Wine am well
Best Indigenous concept - Rugged man - Ruggeddy baba
Best new director - Seyi Babalola - Wine am well (Ikechukwu)
Best special effect - Asa - Fire on the mountain
Best use of Animation - Koffi - Officer
Best interpreted Music Video - Mohits All Stars - Pere
Best Cinematography - Tosin Igho (for P-squares Do me)
Best Producers - Mohits Records
Best Director - Clarence Peters
Video of the year - P-Square - Do me
Most popular Nigerian Music Video in the UK - Mr Solek - Mumu
Hall of Fame - Sir Victor Uwaifo
Congrats to all the winners...

'Getting Old does not scare me' - Florence Ita-Giwa

Florence Ita-Giwa shares her secret to still looking young at over sixty years old. Maybe you can learn a thing or two from her. She spoke to Abiola Aloba of Encomium magazine.
Hear her...
"My frame of mind helps me stay young. Don't write yourself off because of age. I want to encourage the upcoming younger ones to look forward to old age, not to be scared of age. What is age? So far as you are alive, you should strive to look good, not look young. I don't want to be young, I keep saying that every day. It took me a long time to grow, but it's important that you continue to look good so that young girls will not be afraid of age. Don't be afraid of age so long as you can still be productive. It's a thing of the mind, but make an effort to be healthy and fit. You will be healthy and fit if you watch what you eat and drink, what you do, how much you exercise your body and your frame of mind"
Well said.

Did you know this about... Igbo Ora? - Desola Bakare of Encomium magazine
Did you know that Igbo Ora in Western Nigeria has the largest population of twins in the World? Igbo Ora, a sleepy town in Oyo State has five times the normal average number of twins births in the population.

The average number of twins born per 1000 in the world is five. In Igbo Ora, the average is 155 twin births per 1000. That's the largest percentage anywhere in the world. Researchers have been debating for years why the people in Yoruba land has the monopoly of twin births.

According to one study, it is believed it has to do with diet. Apparently yam, a vital staple food in Western Nigeria (Iyan, Amala etc) contains large amounts of natural estrogen, the hormone responsible for egg release in women.
It is thought that the diet of these yams cause in many cases more than one egg to be released in women, thereby resulting in large number of twins. The town is called the 'twin capital' of the world.
I never knew this...found it fascinating and thought to share...

Julius Agwu's Crack Ya Ribs...

For those returning home for xmas, if you're looking for a place to unwind and have the fun of your life, be sure to be at Julius Agwu's Crack Ya Ribs
Date: Sun Dec 14th
Venue: Expo Centre, Ocean View, V/I
Time: 2pm (N3, 000), 6pm (N5, 000), VIP 10, 000
I'm definitely going to be there...catch y'all there!

And check out the fun pictures of the top Comedian's trip to the US with his beautiful wife Ibiere










Love nwantin ti
Pix thanks to Julius Agwu...

The 2009 Grammy Nominations
The countdown to music’s biggest night has officially begun! On Wednesday the list of nominations for the 51st Grammy Awards were announced with artist Lil Wayne leading the pack of diverse artists.
Lil Wayne earned eight nominations, followed by Coldplay with seven and Jay Z, Ne-Yo and Kanye West taking six.
Coldplay, Lil Wayne, Ne-Yo, Robert Plant & Alison Krauss and Radiohead are all up for the coveted Album of the Year.
The Grammys will air live on CBS from the Staples Center on Feb. 8, 2009.

I'm out, see y'all later
Muah!

12 comments:

In my head and around me said...

I like how courageous and adventurous Julius is with this clothing. And it works! His wife looks lovely too. Happy Married Life to them.

In my head and around me said...

I like how courageous and adventurous Julius is with this clothing. And it works! His wife looks lovely too. Happy Married Life to them.

Anonymous said...

Biko, o kwa foine couple. Julius Agwu and Iyawo...

I thought Jude Okoye would have won in the best director category. oh well. maybe...there are lots of maybe's, i guess. Using this space to say that Jude is a better director, in my humble opinion..

dScR?Be said...

awww... they're sooo cute.. see Uncle J's pot belly...

hehe.. she'll soon start poppin babiesss..

Anonymous said...

Aww, igboora finally made the news. A few years back I was there 'on business' and I'll have the disagree on the sleepy town part. Well I guess you shouldn't compare it to Lagos in the first place but the town has a life of its own.

The (claimed) reason for the high no. of twin births is their water and a particular local soup ( I have forgotten the name but I must add it's a delicious one).

I recall that a friend's sister came there to "eat their soup". She was childless at that time. I do not know if her travelling troubles yielded any fruit. While I lived there I thought it was almost scary to see so many twins all from the same small town. I think every Igboora family lineage has at least a pair of twins.

For the 'soup curious kittens', Igboora is located in Ibarapa Central LGA in Oyo State. It's just about 30 minutes from Abeokuta. A really nice, peaceful town of warm, friendly people.

Anonymous said...

Chie! I don die. See Julius leg. The guy don suffer no be small. Thank God for Lagos. Hin be original ajepako boy. What with that kwashiorkor leg. Tufia! Spora

Anonymous said...

Julius Igwu's wife has a flawless skin. She's beautiful.

Anonymous said...

on the contrary when i see ita giwa growing up scares me!!her make-up is always horrid!and she is always wearing things that do not fit her body type!!min you i am not saying she is exposing herself or anything but most times her clothes just do not sit well on her!!!She needs to fire her stylists or hire one

Ms. A said...

Igbo-Ora is my hometown and it's true, it is as though every family has at least one set of twins. Locals attribute the high rate of twins not to yams, but to ilasa (soup made with okra leaves and egusi) With the combination pounded yam or amala dudu, it is some GOOD stuff. LOL, I'm making myself hungry. Anyway, nice blog!

Anonymous said...

Hun!
Its true that Igboora has the highest number of twins. My father's brother is a twin, my aunt and cousins had twins, and the list is endless.

Anonymous said...

Anonymous @ 5.34 am: u're so right. The Ita Giwa lady always seems to be trying damn too hard. Fashion by force, by force. Her make up is clownish esp her eyebrows and five layers of caked foundation; her clothes are garish-they may be expensive but they just don't work. She seems like one of those people with sycophantic 'friends' around who just give her fake praises..."Flogirl, u look so young, mama Bakassi na u biko!, Floby, this your outfit is a killer...." lol and then smirk behind her back. Style just is...dem no dey buy am for shop! lol.

ijaw girl said...

omg!! Julius Agwu got himself a really pretty chica..congrats to him.

Recent Posts