Shan George + Idol WA Jerrilyn quote | Welcome to Linda Ikeji's Blog

LI_Leaderboard_4

LI_Leaderboard_1

LI_Leaderboard_2

LI_Leaderboard_3

Tuesday 15 May 2007

Shan George + Idol WA Jerrilyn quote

Nollywood actress Shan George quote

On growing up and marrying young.
"I grew up in the village. Had both my primary and secondary school education there. I got married young. Normally in my village, it's a normal thing to get married at a very young age, 15, 16. I got married at 17. I am a very ambitious person. I have always wanted to be something to my society, so I opted to go to school instead and along the line I left the marriage."

On dealing with scandals

"I have a policy that everybody is entitled to their own opinion. And I always do what makes me happy. I believe that when you die, you die. You are going to face God one on one, so just do the right thing. What you feel is right in your own mind and heart because people will always criticise, no matter what you do, so why don't you feel free, be yourself and try to please God. Any other thing, dont bother about it."

On dealing with the issue of dating a younger man

"I have never been the kind of person who bothers with side talks. So, for one I'm not interested in listening. I am an advocate for happiness. Please if you're not happy where you are, get out of the place. If you bother about what people will say in anything you are doing, you will end up a very sad and lonely person. You will die just like that: Sad and lonely". I agree with you Shan!

Idol WA contestant Jerrilyn

On being evicted.
"I was expecting it. If Jodie could be evicted, who am I? I escaped eviction so many times. I don't feel bad to be out now because I gave the competition my best. Some people tried to damage my morale by saying I'm the worst performer in the house. The judges long running negative comments also further dampened my self-esteem."

On being a single mother
"My daughter is three years old. Her father is Nigerian, I'm not married to him. The challenges of a single mother are enormous. You have to tend to your child's every need. I really want to work hard in my music career so that I can be a role model to my daughter."

What's next for Jerrilyn?
"I will like to go back to school in Liberia.. I dropped out of school because of the civil war in Liberia. I also want to do humanitarian services and help other African youths living in deprivation. I hope my project gets financial support so that my dreams can come true."

By the way, I don't live with a man. If I gave that impression, didn't mean to. I will never live with someone who wasn't my husband. I'm so totally against that. What I do most times is Friday night, Saturday morning/afternoon I must be home or my mum will do...what mums do.

So any comment on Shan and Jerrilyn? Send it in.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Go SHAN!!!!
Shan is one of the few actresses i genuinely like (outside of the actn scene) bcos she's as real as they come...i have read her life story once, and i was so impressed about her candid and honest nature...she tells it like it is, and i for one would rather have a self professed theirf or prostitute as a friend instead of a bloody wolf in a sheep's clothing.
Unlike Genevieve born inside the village of Mbaise, but claims to have grown up in Lag, this girls tell u that she not only went to skool in the vill. but also got married as a baby. There are few like her....and i LOVE her outtake on life!

Nma

Anonymous said...

shan is ok if u ask me..........she cudnt behave any other way than she is behaving right now, its not easy to get married at 17.

jerrylin, how come u allowed a nigerian give u belle... well things happened, a nigerian gave me belle too at 17.

Anonymous said...

na wa oo....nigerian men still spreading their seed across the continent.

what else is new sha?

Unknown said...

hmmm...Nigerian men are really going international!

Recent Posts