Right and Wrong Reasons To get Married + Linda Ikeji LOL poem. | Welcome to Linda Ikeji's Blog

LI_Leaderboard_4

LI_Leaderboard_1

LI_Leaderboard_2

LI_Leaderboard_3

Monday 14 May 2007

Right and Wrong Reasons To get Married + Linda Ikeji LOL poem.

Someone I know got married this past weekend...to a footballer based in Holland. When I saw the husband and looked at the girl, I knew the union was not about love on the girl's part. She confirmed it later when she said, 'He's rich! What else am I looking for?"

So I started thinking of the many reasons people get married now adays and came up with a list of right and wrong reasons...

Here they are...

Right Reasons to get married...
You love each other sincerely and deeply.
A strong desire to share your life with one another
To have a reliable, lifetime companion.
Realistic expectations.
To bring Children into the world
A deep willingness to fulfill each other's needs and desires

Wrong reasons to get married...
For money.
Want to be free from parents.
Sex
Loneliness and desperation
Pressure
To be happy.
To be an adult.
To avoid growing up
Because of a pregnancy.
He or she loves you.
For immigration/passport/visa purposes.

What other right and wrong reasons can you give?

Here is a poem I wrote...

Lord, give me a man
At 18, I started asking God for a man
At 19, I asked for a tall, strong man
At 20, I wanted him lean and well built
At 21, I wanted a handsome, model-looking man
At 22, I wanted a romantic man
At 23, I wanted a rich executive
At 24, I wanted an intelligent man with a great mind
At 25, I got heartbroken, now I want a man who will be kind to me
At 26, I met a kind man, but he bored me, so I asked for an exciting man
At 27, I was tired of excitement and wanted a more mature, responsible man
At 28, I met a responsible man but he was too young
At 29, I wanted to settle down, looked around...no man!
Now I'm 30 lord, just send me a man...any man, no conditions...ANY MAN!

Am I a poet or what? You like or you like? LOL

BTW, Naija gists and gossip coming soon!

20 comments:

classybabe said...

Wrong reason-All my friends are getting married so i will marry the next person to ask me.

SET said...

Linda you are so funny. It is somehow true but hey no settling, God gives to those who are patient and look up to him.

Tyra!!! said...

Wrong reason, my parents want me to get married.
All my friends are getting married, so i have to get married too.
Okay reason, he's rich and i like him. Why not? Who wants to suffer?
Best reason: Love, but how many people truly fall in Love these days?

Anonymous said...

I can't believe our women back home r still dis shallow-minded.
Honestly though, we women have to be truthful and be real to each other. And also, call me a wicked or harsh person but i don't feel sorry for dat dude at all at all. So, with all d horror stories dat we hear about d women back home, these men still spend thousands of dollars to go and get a woman back home. I'm sorry, but there r as much useless girls in naija, as they r here in diaspora. Just cos they don't want a woman who's more open to d world and open-minded and they think dem dey go home go take village girl. For God's sake, they're plenty of single decent girls here who r still waiting for men to ask them out including myself. Shiiiiio, pls give me breath ojare. Ejaka bara wa so oto oro ojare. I hope dat girl shows him pepper.

Meadows j. said...

i was once in love with a nice guy in naija but i didnt marry him because he didnt have money. IT WAS THE BEST DECISION EVER FOR ME.

i waited, then met another guy and we became inseparable. he was sexy, clever and someone i could talk to PLUS HE HAD MONEY. Then he asked me to marry AND I screamed yes!. I MARRIED HIM, we are now together for five years with kids and i still love him. I am now financially independent but i am forever grateful to my husband for all his support.

CONCLUSION; THE FIRST GUY WAS GOOD BUT BROKE AND I DUMPED HIM, MY HUBBY WAS FANTASTIC AND HAD MONEY SO I PICKED HIM!!!!.

Mad S. said...

Linda you are not 30!!!

Anonymous said...

wrong reason-LOVE. right reason-MONEY.

Anonymous said...

wrong reason-LOVE. right reason-MONEY.

Unknown said...

LOL,LINDA YOU ARE ALLOWED TO JOKE AROUND COS YOU ARE ONLY 26.ITS ALL GOOD,IT YOUR TIME,HAVE FUN.

Anonymous said...

i dont care what the right or wrong reasons are but marrying a broke ass brother cant be fun is it?una dey talk like say if una see rich guy ur borke ass bofriend will still count.
linda you are talking as if u wud say yes to a marraige proposal from a broke ass guy.
love alone doesnt do the magic anymore,its got to come with the brother bein rich.
i didnt marry for love but seeing how good money can make things i dont think i wud hve settled for anything else.ladies out there look before you leap and dont let love be the only reason you say yes,hes got to have a good paying day job!!

♥♫♪nyemoni♫♪♥ said...

LMAO at your poem... Its witty... But I think marrying to bring children into the world is a very WRONG reason to marry o!!! Bringing kids becomes a joy when you marry for the right reasons and both partners are in tune with themselves, believe me, if you marry for the wrong reasons and both partners are sad, the baby suffers greatly....my 2 cents o!

Unknown said...

There's no right or wrong reason,they all compliment eachother.

ababoypart2 said...

"Now I'm 30 lord, just send me a man...any man, no conditions...ANY MAN!" ...lol

Need to take it up to 40...

Nice post

Anonymous said...

Linda, sometimes your comments confuses me atimes. How can u say marrying 'to be happy' and cos 'he/she loves u' is wrong? So, what u're basically trying to tell me is, if u marry, u can't be happy and your partner can't love u? *confused*

chidi said...

i think you put "to be happy" in the wrong place. people do get married to have happiness with the ones they have chosen.Be patient and God will bring you the man that he wants for you

Anonymous said...

some people jus dont like the truth, and my dear i told you nothin but the truth. well at least u read it b4 u "chose" not to post it. good luck in ure relationship!

Unknown said...

Babe,i agreed with you but the best person to marry is your friend who is ready to accept you with your pluses and minuses and you yourself is comfortable with.Love is sweet but these days,you need to have more than that.Dont ever marry mr available bcos you think you are becoming an old maid-NO

ExcitedJade said...

wrong reason, my younger sister is getting married soon.. i will marry then next person.

good reason.. LOVE and of course money.

Unknown said...

You are a real POET!- sorry u be Maya Angelou....in my opinion i think marriage is not to make us happy but we have to make a happy marriage....

Anonymous said...

I wish my friend would read this...She is marrying for the wrong reasons (age...just to get married....to have kids -- too bad he doesn't want any of these things) ...The worst part is she has bullied the poor guy into marriage with her ultimatum to get married or she will walk.

Recent Posts