Michael Jackson's Memorial Ceremony | Welcome to Linda Ikeji's Blog

LI_Leaderboard_4

LI_Leaderboard_1

LI_Leaderboard_2

LI_Leaderboard_3

Wednesday 8 July 2009

Michael Jackson's Memorial Ceremony

Friends, family, and fans gathered yesterday at the Staples Center in Los Angeles to pay tribute to the King of Pop, or as Rev Al Sharpton aptly described him...The greatest Entertainer that ever lived.

Me, you and over a billion other people around the world tuned in to watch it.
Check out some pictures from the memorial...


The Jacksons

Carrying his casket

Usher singing Gone too soon


His children


Janet and Paris Jackson


Jennifer Hudson

Rev Al Sharpton


Congresswoman Sheila Jackson Lee

Usher Raymond


Corey Feldman


Chris Brown

John Mayer

Queen Latifah

"Britain's Got Talent" star Shaheen Jafargholi
Stevie Wonder


Mariah Carey and Trey Lorenz

Brooke Shields and Magic Johnson

The Kardashian sisters


Mike Tyson


Larry King and wife


Wesley Snipes

May his soul rest in peace. Amen.

12 comments:

Admin said...

i couldn't believe the tears coming down from my eye when paris jackson made her own speech,Queen latifah delivered well and also usher

Anonymous said...

Ummm- u and a billion ppl tuned in to watch it. I was at the Staples center, yo... lol!

truth said...

Thanks for the pics girl! Gosh I cried like a baby. Had to keep it done cos I was at work! ...especially when his daughter (barely) spoke. Brook Shields moved me too. So many great moments, MJ will be beaming seriously now!!! I Love MJ, oh boy I do. And I wish I expressed it a whole lot more while he was alive. His music, his mind-blowing steps, his soft spokeness, his good heart, his efforts, his pain and his all can NEVER be forgotten. I believe the best of us are loved and appreciated more in death than in life. Take my dear Jesus for example. But the difference is that Jesus lives on (somebody say Amen! lol). Actually in different ways they both live on.

As said, "the king of pop now rests at the feet of the King of Kings". I've finally made peace with MJ's demise.

Anonymous said...

Ok why are the Kardashian sisters dressed like they are going to the club?? Why is Mariah Carey dressed like shes going to the BET awards?? Sad..

Anonymous said...

Hi Sweets,
Wuz up with Welsey Snipes? I really all is well with him.

NaijaBabe said...

Omo mehn..I watched and cried my eyes out

Sasha said...

@anonymous 3.05am- How else are they supposed to dress?. Na their papa die?....I don't see anything wrong with what the kardashian sistas and Mariah wore?....
It was a well delivered and tasteful farewell for Michael and i know alot of pple will attest to that. There is no need for the fashion police to ruin things....

grasshopper said...

Mariah Cary and Lorenz did a great job; i was surprised to find out they've had this arrangement since about 15 years ago

Dante said...

why is Wesley looking that way..is he ok?

Anonymous said...

The Kardashian sisters do not look like they are dressed for the club at all... They look decent enough!

sammy said...

well for me i think he knew he was going to die soon that was why he sang the song called "would you be there"i miss my mentor so much why him mj i will always love you till i die

Anonymous said...

he really lived a memorable life(uncontrollably large crowd of his fans)but i am afraid he might have a big problem at d gate of heaven,d michael dat God brought on earth was a black american,now hes returning as a white man;he may have some explanations 2 make ooooooooooooh.rest in peace michael.

Recent Posts