The Inspire Africa Benefit Concert | Welcome to Linda Ikeji's Blog

LI_Leaderboard_4

LI_Leaderboard_1

LI_Leaderboard_2

LI_Leaderboard_3

Thursday 22 January 2009

The Inspire Africa Benefit Concert

THE INSPIRE AFRICA BENEFIT CONCERT
Save The Street Children

Moment with Mo, UNICEF, Inspire Africa Foundation and The Lagos State Government present an evening of colour and excitiment to sensitize nigerians about the street children with top celebries to entertain and put the fun in fundraising.

Date: Saturday, January 31, 2009
Time: 7:00pm - 11:00pm
Location: Expo Hall, EKO HOTELS & suites
Street: Adetokunbo Ademola, V/Island, Lagos.

This is very personal to me because I've met some of these children; pictured with me below under the Obalende bridge where most of them call home.


I went there last year with some of the guys I work with to interview Lagos area boys for the mag when I ran into these children. What an experience it was. I spent a few hours there watching them play, fight, eat and generally living the only life they know. I spoke with them afterwards and was astounded at how smart and knowledgeble they are. These children have dreams, hopes and are definitely looking for that light at the end of the tunnel. They need help, they can't help themselves but you and I can, so please help them in any way you can.

Thought of the day
In helping others, we help ourselves, for whatever good we give out completes the circle and comes back to us

So get a table at this event and support this charity.
God bless
L

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why does it take red carpet events and fancy dinner balls to sensitize the rich in Nigeria to the plight of the poor. I mean we aren't blind after all.

Anonymous said...

I agree...not quite sure the answer to that one

Anonymous said...

the operational word here is "the rich in nigeria". many of them are blind they dont see unless they get a platform to show off

Oscar said...

Hi Linda, i read your post everyday,i feel good with your contents, i believe ur doing good, keep it up! well just want to comment about Da Costa, how beautiful she is, how soon she past, what a world, may her soul rest in peace, Please tell those that arrested goat to stop fooling them selfs they should face realities of the day, i think we are no longer in the dark age! yah Silly..........

Anonymous said...

how do I get tickets to the concert?

Anonymous said...

I havent read your article on the Street kids. I just wonder, after the millions are raised, how does that help them specifically? Its not clear how the money is going to be spent. Will a job center be built for them? will they be sent for specific re-orientation courses? How much money is required, and to do what??

All the attention is on having a great show, but I'm yet to see specific pointers on how exactly these kids will be helped.

Meanwhile, how can i get a subscription to the MAG???

Anonymous said...

Instead of you all sitting here and asking 20 questions from Linda who has done her part in providing you with information, why dont you contribute your quotas instead. Why don't you get of your bums and call or write inspire Africa to find out how much was raised, how it is going to be used and when it is going to be used.

Do you people think Unicef will partner with just anyone? Why don't you people donate your time to working for Inspire Africa, as they enter the next phase of getting things done. I was at the event yesterday and enjoyed the new song by Cohbams All stars which I hope will be sold to make more money. My company paid 100,000to get me in there so you bet I will be checking in on Inspire Africa.

Now I don't care how they rich are motivated to get shit done but let us motivate them like Linda is doing. Some of you can donate a documentary telling us how inspire africa is doing or send them information about children who need their help. Whatever it is please gett off your whining behinds and do something!

Recent Posts