Faze quote + Miss World 2007 | Welcome to Linda Ikeji's Blog

LI_Leaderboard_4

LI_Leaderboard_1

LI_Leaderboard_2

LI_Leaderboard_3

Sunday 2 December 2007

Faze quote + Miss World 2007

Despite the sex appeal and lover-boy image he projects, the other Plantashun Boy, Faze (Chibuzor Orji) has disclosed that he has a phobia for members of the opposite sex.

"I am afraid of women,” he told Sunday Sun exclusively. “I get a lot of crazy texts. I have been mobbed and rough-handled by women.You know what I mean, that is the reason I go around with security guards. But I understand it’s because they want to appreciate me. They are glad to see me. It’s normal. They want to get intimate with me. Some want to be friends and others just want to hang around. I tell them to come to my shows so that they can meet me one-on-one and relate with me. That’s the best I can do for them.”

He rationalised: “If women don’t chase you as an artiste, that means you have a problem. It means your music is not good and you are not selling, hence they are not impressed. Once you catch your female fans, you have the guys; it is the ladies that get their boyfriends to buy CDs. Even kids appreciate my music now. Once you’ve got the kids and ladies, its bingo! You start smiling to the bank."

“I am in a relationship. I have only one woman in my life and I intend to hook her up soon but I can’t give a precise date and I will not tell you anything about her except that we have been dating for four years.”

Most challenging experience. Back in 2004 when Plantashun Boiz broke up, Faze had a bitter experience. He captured his feelings in his hit single ‘Faze Alone,’ his debut solo effort.

“It was the most challenging experience of my life. After Tuface and Blackfaze dropped their albums, I was drifting because the break up got to me. I had been in a group that was so tight, and suddenly, we fell apart. I was confused because I did not know what to do with myself. Should I start rapping, do R&B or should I do a reggae album? I was scared of failure. It took a lot of hard work and belief in myself to over come. It was hard for me but I thank God that I came through.”

Relationship with Tuface. Following the breakup of the Plantashun Boiz, has Faze forgiven Tuface?
“We are still friends but business takes us apart. We still hook up from time to time. I made a reference in that song, I said ‘someday we shall meet again’ and we met and we did an album. All that belongs to the past now.”

Current album. Despite winning critical raves, ‘Faze Alone’ failed to establish him as a successful solo artiste. However, his sophomore album has reversed the trend. His videos are currently receiving massive spin on TV.
“The audio CD was released last November. The response has been overwhelming. The reason the VCD took so long in coming was because we had to make quality videos. I am glad it came out right. The videos were shot in S/Africa and it cost a fortune. Everybody’s been asking why S/Africa. The reason was because we found locations that were suitable for the concepts we had. We used HD cameras that are not available in Nigeria. Besides, the technical know-how was amazing.

“The difference between this and my debut album is that there has been a lot of promotion. Ahbu Ventures understands what it takes to promote an artiste. Lack of publicity killed ‘Faze Alone.’ If my ex-label owner had listened to me, we would have gone very far by now. I am more mature and my music is evolving. It’s had more promotion and is radio-friendly.”
Current project. Having survived the ‘sophomore ghost,’ Faze is set to raise the stakes:
“I am working on my third album. We have not given it a name but we have tracks like ‘Spend My Money,’ ‘Yawa-eh!’ ‘I Am in Love,’ among others. We are looking at releasing it sometime next year.”

Advise for wannabes
“Don’t sign a contract without a lawyer. I was in that situation and I suffered for it. Making it without a label was not easy and I want to thank my crew for the advice and standing by me. It’s not been easy working without a label but we are moving. As an up-and-coming act, give it your best and leave the rest to God.”
Courtesy, Sunnewsonline.com


Miss World 2007
The Miss World Beauty Pageant held yesterday Dec 1st 2007 in Sanya China.

It was won by China's representative, Zhang Zilin.

Check out pictures from the pageant



1st runner up (Miss Angola...so beautiful), winner and 2nd runner up (Miss Mexico)


South Korea's Cho Eun-Ju received the best dress award during the Miss World beauty pageant. I'm not feeling that dress.


That's our Munachi Abii (6th girl)...looking gorgeous




From left, top five contestants Swedens Annie Oliv, Trinidad & Tobagos Valene Maharaj, Mexicos Carolina Moran Gordillo (2nd runner up), Chinas Zhang Zi Lin, and Angolas Micaela Reis (first runner up)




The full line-up of official judges at the Miss World 2007 Final was:
Julia Morley Chairman of Miss World Organisation and of the judging panel
Chairman Zhao Chairman of the Huayu Group
Li Xiao Bai Managing Director of New Silk Road
Maki Mandela Eldest daughter of Nelson Mandela
Elena Franchuk Founder of the Anti-Aids Foundation of Ukraine
Krish Naidoo Miss World Organisation Internatinal Ambassador
Duncan James International pop star
Annabel Croft Formerly one of the UK’s most successful female tennis stars
Neal Hamil Managing Director of the Elite Model Agency in New York
Ben De Lisi World famous Italian Fashion designer





Zhang Zilin of China is 2007 Miss World.
I think she's gorgeous and quite tall for an Asian woman.

Who thinks she's not a good choice?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

miss angola is daaaaammmn too hot

Anonymous said...

i love her height and i think it got her the ticket. ANGOLA,MEXICO and our munachi all look gorgeous

Anonymous said...

fixed fixed

Anonymous said...

Facially, the new Miss World is not better looking than the rest. I have to agree that her height and the fact that it is an unusual height for a Chinese woman gave her an edge. I wish her the best.

Anonymous said...

Miss angola was hot........... she should have won

Refinedone said...

Angola was cheated !!! Nuff said

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy for faze but he'd better be careful on his quotes, if not, people will just assume he's gay or bi. It's really a shame dat our artistes are now going to SA to shoot their videos, when there'r loads of beautiful locations in naija.

Anonymous said...

FAZE, pls go and re - invent yourself.

Recent Posts