Classic pix + Mrs. Club | Welcome to Linda Ikeji's Blog

LI_Leaderboard_4

LI_Leaderboard_1

LI_Leaderboard_2

LI_Leaderboard_3

Wednesday 12 December 2007

Classic pix + Mrs. Club


Beyonce and Rihanna. Wonder what they were talking about...


Beyonce and Jay Z, leaving a Paris hotel. I'm loving Jay Z's Get-Up!


Michael Jackson on the cover of the Dec 24-31st issue of Jet magazine. Flawless!

You'd never guess who these guys are?

Can anyone try?

Grammy nomination
Album of the Year
• Echoes, Silence, Patience & Grace, Foo Fighters
• These Days, Vince Gill
• River: The Joni Letters, Herbie Hancock
• Graduation, Kanye West
• Back to Black, Amy Winehouse

Record of the Year
• “Irreplaceable,” BeyoncĂ©
• “The Pretender,” Foo Fighters
• “Umbrella,” Rihanna (featuring Jay-Z)
• “What Goes Around . . . Comes Around,” Justin Timberlake
• “Rehab,” Amy Winehouse

Song of the Year
• “Before He Cheats,” John Kear & Chris Tompkins, songwriters (Carrie Underwood)
• “Hey There Delilah,” Tom Higgenson, songwriters (Plain White T’s)
• “Like A Star,” Corinne Bailey Rae, songwriter (Corinne Bailey Rae)
• “Rehab,” Amy Winehouse
• “Umbrella,” Shawn Carter, Kuk Harrell, Terius “Dream” Nash & Christopher Stewart, songwriters (Rihanna Featuring Jay-Z)

Best New Artist
• Feist
• Ledisi
• Paramore
• Taylor Swift
• Amy Winehouse

Pop Vocal Album
• Lost Highway, Bon Jovi
• The Reminder, Feist
• It Won’t Be Soon Before Long, Maroon 5
• Memory Almost Full, Paul McCartney
• Back To Black, Amy Winehouse

Rap Album
• Finding Forever, Common
• Kingdom Come, Jay-Z
• Hip Hop Is Dead, Nas
• T.I. vs T.I.P., T.I.
• Graduation, Kanye West

Rock Album
• Daughtry, Daughtry
• Revival, John Fogerty
• Echoes, Silence, Patience & Grace, Foo Fighters
• Magic, Bruce Springsteen• Sky Blue Sky, Wilco

Country Album
• Long Trip Alone, Dierks Bentley
• These Days, Vince Gill
• Let It Go, Tim McGraw
• 5th Gear, Brad Paisley
• It Just Comes Natural, George StraitContemporary

R&B Album
• Konvicted, Akon
• Just Like You, Keyshia Cole
• Fantasia, Fantasia
• East Side Story, Emily King
• Because Of You, Ne-Yo

Kanye West - 8 nominations

Amy Winehouse - 6 nominations

Justin Timberlake, Jay Z - 5 nominations

Rihanna - 4 nominations
Beyonce, Fergie - 1 nomination each

What the heck happened to Sean Kingston? No best new act nomination? Not nice!


THE MRS. CLUB:
MRS. CLUB: Getting in is one thing, Staying in is another The Mrs. Club is the Nigerian Chic- Literature of all times! A book that has all the elements of a standard chick-lit novel: Three trendy Nigerian women, their quest to find a man to marry & their quest to stay married. A book by Ekene Onu puts a new spin on published literature for the trendy sophisticated Nigerian Woman. According to the New York Times: "From Mumbai to Milan, Gdansk to Jakarta, regional Varieties of Chick Lit have been sprouting, buoyed by the demographic that's both their subject and readership: 20 and 30 something years old women with full time jobs, discretionary income and a hunger for independence and Glamour." With the rise of Modern Day Chick Literature, Ekene has put Nigeria on the map with this well written book. Ekene Onu is a thirty something writer who was raised in Nigeria and currently resides in Atlanta Georgia. She is the founder and editor of Noveau Africana and the Mrs. Club is her first book.

The power of this book is Ekene Onu's characters (Titi, Amaka and Mina) and the fact that every Nigerian Woman can relate to their experiences on the quest to find that true man or the quest to tame that Naija man. Another strength Ekene has pulled from is her writing style, which pulls its reader into the book and thus making you feel that you are indeed part of the Mrs. Club!

The Mrs. Club is a must read and will be available in stores across Lagos, the UK, the USofA & Canada in February of 2008. An exclusive book signing will be held in Lagos in the second week of January and some advanced copy of this well-written book will be made available at the event.

THE CHARACTERS
Here are some excerpts from the book:
Titi: "My problem is I haven't quite found proper husband material and, for me, husband material means not just good looks, but also money and prestige. And when I say money I mean a lot of it. That's right, I'm not saying I'm a gold digger; but hey, a woman has to keep up or at least improve her lifestyle! Look, I don't believe in faking the funk. I am a straight-up person and there is no shame in my game; so yes, I am looking for a husband but he better be rich, African and fabulous!"

Amaka: "He was sexy, smart, and polished to perfection. He held my hands and played with my fingers. He told me that I was amazing, that he found me attractive, very sexy; he confessed that he really wanted to book a room for the night and invite me to share it with him. I said nothing because my throat had become so dry and besides, I couldn't trust myself. I knew that if he pulled me into his arms right then and there, I wouldn't have the strength to resist. I was looking at his lips as he talked; this man was beautiful. He turned me on with his words as well. I mean he made me feel like I was the only woman worth knowing. He told me that he had never had a conversation like this with anyone, and that I really got him and he felt for the first time in his life like he had made a real connection. He said he thought that he finally had a small understanding of the word soul mate."

Mina: "The truth is I don't enjoy sex with my husband. He slobbers all over me and has no idea how to please me in bed. At best it's a clumsy effort at going down and at worst it's a sweaty attempt at hitting it, while I lie there praying for him to come already. Yes, clearly, Obinna doesn't do it for me. There is no chemistry for me. So why did I marry him? Because I saw a man with potential, a man who was rough but teachable and I went for it, love be damned."

For more information please contact
Bobby Taylor Consulting: Bobby Taylor:(US/CANADA) bobby@bobbytaylorpr.ca
Sayo Odunsi- (LAGOS NIGERIA) sayo.odunsi@bobbytaylorpr.ca
Lola Ashafa (LONDON UK) lola.ashafa@bobbytaylorpr.ca

Cheers!

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Linda,

What's up? I can guess ... it's Al B sure, Ki - C of Jodeci Fame and the third guy on the left his first name starts with a T.

It's being such a looooong! time ... but they were phenomenal during their era. That's life for you everyone has their own time. Nuff! said, take care and how are ur photoshoots coming up.? Do ur thang girrl! work the camera! trust me! u're da bomb! u are all dat and a plus+

Take care.

Anonymous said...

the guy on the extreme right with blue face cap is tevin campbell

Anonymous said...

Hey Linda, the dudes in the pic. I don't know who the first dude is but I think the one in the middle is Kci(the skinny dude)from the Kci and Jojo group and the dude to the right of the pic has to be Tevin Campbell. Am I right? :) Anyhoo, about the book by Ekene Onu, I am like sooooooooooooo on it as soon as it lands here in America (next Feb. u said right?). I love the concept behind the book, from reading the excerpts, and I can't wait to read it. I love u blog, keep it coming. Thanks. :)

Anonymous said...

I know the guy in the middle is definately KC from KC and Jojo or Jodeci. I'm not sure if the other two guys are from Jodeci. But I'm definately sure KC is the one is the middle. Damn, whatever happened to him. I guess rough times.

Anonymous said...

Wow Michael Jackson! Can you say Photoshopped?!!

Anonymous said...

The author was my classmate in high school

Anonymous said...

Lin lin, did you say Jay Z's 'get up'? (lol)

cally-waffybabe said...

Just to wish you a lovely xmas and new year in advance girl. Also, that thing is no more tomorrow. It's now on the 19th- next Wednesday so try ringing on Thursday. Damn mind changing, but how i go do when person dey do me favour. As a beggar, i have no "choose". LOL.

Stay cool babe.

Anonymous said...

aint hating but how come beyonce looks very white ?

Anonymous said...

aint hating but how come beyonce looks very white ?

Anonymous said...

aint hating but how come beyonce looks very white ?

Anonymous said...

The first guy is Al B Sure, tghe one in the middle is KC and the last is Tevin Campbell. I must say that out of the lot, Al B Sure is the only one looking def. Kc and Tev look kinda old. Could this be because of drug abuse?

Anonymous said...

Update already, iya.

Anonymous said...

Hey Linda, aw u doin.I have always been a fan of ur blog nd always wanting to come here especially wen dere is news bout nollywood.Ur blog is da bom.

HAPPY HOLIDAY

Linda, I would appreciate it if u could add my blog(NOLLYWOODTOBI- www.tobiigbenoba.blogspot.com )on ur blog cause I just started it nd I wud want u to chec it out.Plzzzzzzzzz thanks

Uzo said...

Al B Sure, Kci and Tevin Campbell...

Time isnt so kind on some people

cally-waffybabe said...

Correct me if i'm wrong somebody- does Kym, P.Diddy's long term partner (abi ex), have a son (her 1st son) for Al B. Sure? I think i've heard P.Diddy say something like that on E! Channel.

Also, is it true that Tevin Campbell is gay or is it just another baseless rumour?

Anonymous said...

yes its true, the boys name is quincy and diddy threw him a mega bedday bash even though the boy aint his son.

Recent Posts