Naija Entertainment News. | Welcome to Linda Ikeji's Blog

LI_Leaderboard_4

LI_Leaderboard_1

LI_Leaderboard_2

LI_Leaderboard_3

Friday 9 November 2007

Naija Entertainment News.

Today was a crazy day for me. Ask Gbemi. We went to Apapa for a business meeting. I parked my car in front a gate…shouldn’t have I know…but is that enough to damage my car you crazy people? Came back 3 hours later and found that not only had they moved my car, they badly damaged the bumper and stuck the car on a pavement. If that car was a human being, it would be in serious coma right now. All those who touched my car today, waka to you. lol! Not even funny.

Speaking of cars, my bosom friend and Sound City presenter, Denrele Edun, has finally bought himself one. He acquired a Toyota Corolla some days back. I’m so happy for him.

Anyway, I bring you Naija Entertainment News.

Elegance & Style Awards 2007
I buy Encomium magazine every week, just to keep abreast with all the gossip happenings in Naija and it wasn't until today my younger sis noticed my name in one of the mags Style awards. The ad has been running for weeks now, I usually glance through and flip to the next page, never paid it much attention, luckily someone else took an interest in it and brought it to my attention. It's called Encomium Elegance and Style Awards 2007 and they had so many categories. I was nominated in a category called Most Elegant Women.

Here are the nominees in that same category
Agbani Darego
Stephanie Okereke
Bisola Dejonwo
Dunni Igbinedion
Ibidun Ajayi-Ighodalo
Jennifer Obayuwana
Lanre Da Silva Ajayi
Linda Ikeji
Oluchi Orlandis
Omowunmi Akinnifesi
Tundun Abiola
Stella Damasus Aboderin
Sylvia Edem Emechete
Bella Adenuga
Linda Mesrob
Elizabeth Elohor Isiohor

Seriously, I don't know what some names are doing there...including mine. Elegant ke? Me? lol. I don't even know how to be that, don't try to be...but it's nice to be recognised...

There are other categories like Most Stylish Men, All time beauty queens, 10 most powerful people in fashion, best spas, best make-up artists, best promoters of fashion, best style writers/editors, best lounges, most dashing celebrity couples etc...

Maybe one day, I'll type out all the nominees in each category. Too long a list.


Tuface Idibia News
Though he's left the hospital, 2baba as he is fondly called left the hospital with 12 pellets in his thigh. He doesn't limp or feel any pain, but he will have to follow the doctors instructions for the pellet to come out one after the other. After his release from the hospital, a thanksgiving party was held for him at Planet One Events place tagged 'Back to Grace'. Then last week, friends and fans at his Festac residence also decided to hold a thanksgiving party for him at Festac...well, that one didn't go well. Boys started fighting, throwing weapons, harrassing girls etc. Tuface who was present at the show, was taken to safety and never re-appeared even after everyone calmed down and the show continued.

Also, there are rumours that Tuface and on-again and off-again girlfriend Annie Macauley are back in love. Those two and their love sef...after seven years together, it's hard to let go...especially when love is still there.

Soul E at war with former record label
I'm sure y'all know there's a war going on between Soul E and his label, Colossal Records. The war started a few months back as a result of the artiste quitting the label before the appointed time. Both parties are now in court to settle their rift. The label has gotten an injunction preventing Soul E (real names, Emmanuel Okose) from parading himself as Soul E. TV and Radio stations have also been barred from either playing the singer's videos or granting any artist called Soul E interview.
The affidavit in support of the motion in favour of Colossal states that
-Soul E is restained from using the name Soul E
-Can't release any album using that name
-Can't grant an interview as Soul
-He's also restrained from from releasing any new album till the case is finally settled
-Restrained from the use of the copyrighted album 'Naija is blessed', use of registered beats of all tracks in the said album, can not remix any of the songs...etc, until the determination of the suit. Wow!

Ini Edo engaged?
Shhhh! Please don't say you read this here o..I'm warning y'all o lol. I read in one mag today that Nollywood actress, Ini Edo got engaged to her lover in Dubai some weeks back. They allege she is now rocking a beautiful expensive engagement ring and is planning a wedding for next year. I don't believe this story, just thought to share it anyway.


Ben Bruce stages party for love child
Ben treated his love child, Cody, to a swell party on Monday October 22, 2007. The venue was the multi million naira Silverbird Galleria. It was a costume party and had a lot of the young boy's friends in attendance.


BM PRO presents 'Secrets of the professionals: Meet the experts.
The luxury and exclusive lifestyle workshop
with
*BMPRO Make up Lagos
*Bobby's Signature
*Madres Accessories Abuja etc
Come along to the 1st ever exclusive beauty day in Abuja tagged "Secrets of the professionals-Meet the experts.
Venue: Shehu Musa Yar'adua Centre, Abuja
Date: Sunday, November 18th
Time 1pm
Tickets-N20, 000 per participant
For enquiries and ticket reservation-Faces Makeover, 018958856, 08062224108.


'Most girls in the industry (Acting) are now prostitutes"- Saheed Balogun "You just see every Tom, Dick and Harry wanting to become a producer, actor because they want to make money and that has culminated into so many ugly things you hear these days. I am very sorry to say this openly, many of the girls have to sleep with marketers to make money. They have to sleep with a lot of producers too. They have turned prostitution to a means of livelihood" Saheed Balogun, prominent Yoruba actor.

Another hot gossip. Y'all know that elegant lady of style Grace Egbagbe was in a sizzling romance with Liz Benson's Ex, Lanre Nzeribe. Well, that relationship has collapsed after two years. So many allegations, too long a story. Just tot u might want to know.


Katherine Edoho out of town
Emotionally troubled AM Express presenter (on NTA), and wife of 'Who wants to be a millionaire' presenter Frank Edoho, is out of town. Katherine traveled around 12 noon on Friday Nov 2nd 200 with her two children. No one knows where she's gone to. Hope she finds her feet again. A bad marriage is the worst thing that can happen to anyone. So girls, look before you leap abeg.

Charly Boy set to release album
Charly boy is getting ready to release another album which will be in both audio and video formats. Artistes like Sound Sultan, Asha and a few others featured in it. The album was technically produced by various seasoned producers across the country and about eight videos have been shot already. promotional tracks will hit the airwaves very soon.

They say NTA's Mariam Anazoda is finally pregnant after four years of marriage. If it's true, then Thank God!

Nkoyo Ibori was arrested last week at the Heathrow Airport, UK, for money laundering. She is to appear before a London court in January 2008.

Champayne dinner and concert
Featuring: Brian Mcknight, Sisqo, Soul II Soul and many more
Venue: Eko Hotel and Suites
Date: Nov 25th
For reservations call 08033886638

Finally, Here's wishing a happy birthday to CWB. Wishing you the very best that life has to offer. Love to the family. Kisses.

It's to twelve, way past my bedtime. I'm tired, I'll bring you more gist later.

Cheers.

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is unrelated ..but I've been reading ur blog for the past week now and been hooked. So I googled Linda Ikeji - so do u still practice abstinence? How did you cope? what is ur advice for young women try to stay pure?

http://kissesandroses.blogspot.com/2005/10/linda-ikeji-highest-paid-model-in.html

Anonymous said...

hEY...i'm new to this but nways i wanted to leave a comment cos i LOVE ur blog...or shuld i say ur job...whatever it is you do, seems like u do it well...

P.S. I started my own blog too!!! yay!!! so excited... http://naijasturvs.blogspot.com/

pls leave comments...thanks

Linda Ikeji said...

@anon, I practiced abstinance until i fell in love.then I did it...lol. How did I cope? Just concentrated on other things. Young women who want to stay pure should be determined and not listen to any advice contrary to how they want to live. I had sex when I felt I was ready and I was already in my 20's, so they should know there's a lot of good in staying pure till the right one comes along.

Linda Ikeji said...

@dami, congrats. will check out ur blog

Anonymous said...

i agree o, abstinence is very good, i didnt do it until i met my wife at 53. But if i know say na so e sweet, i would have started at 40 yrs.

Anonymous said...

this was like dejavu:i almost felt like i had read this post before...u have wrtten about you were nominated for some other award by Enconium before abi? Or am I losng t in my old age?

Anyways, well done ofr the abstinence. As for fallng in love...were u really n love with Dan? and truth be told was he the first?

Unknown said...

Linda, U and Katherine, who has a bigger mouth..TMI... :-).

Linda Ikeji said...

@anneengineer, I think I do. lol BTW, whats TMI?

Unknown said...

TMI = Too much information!!!!

How about "lets get Linda" session withya?

I got a few questions you know.....Well, Hmmm...am just a normal inquisitive human. :-)

Unknown said...

Hi Linda, just wanted to say I've been reading your blog for a few month now...LOVE IT. I just moved back to Naija so that stuff is more relevant for me. Keep it up :)

Anonymous said...

Love your blog linda very Gossipcative...lol

cally-waffybabe said...

Congrats on your nomination girl. You know you deserve it, so scratch da yabbing. LOL. I'm proud of you as always.
Thanks for your birthday wishes to me as well. We are all good.
Would holla atcha soon. God bless.

Hugs
xxx

lemonade factory said...

great linda,congrats hope u win

ababoypart2 said...

Most Elegant Women? Its gotta be you, no contest there. Lots of news..Thanks

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to get my hands on Charlie Boy's album. Hopefully if i can get it here. I'm feeling his new single, it's really making raves now. And d video is tight as well. Congrats charlie boy.

Never knew dis Soul E case was so serious o. No wonder we've not heard any new songs from him lately.

Anonymous said...

SHANTEE:
yEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAhhhhhhhhhhhhhH AT LASTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!! I've been trying to log on through the google account, din' know der wz a shorter means of dropping a line! Oh you go girl, loved every bit I read today (being my first of cos). U know what I tu feel you cos you are as REAL as they come (no psyches puhleez)! Ha now that I know how to drop lines here, please do welcome me formally (cos really darlyn, U'v neva had a better .... oh what word do I use now?.... Anyway, just know you've got a faithful and .... hmmm .. is ARDENT appropriate here? FOLLOWER! YEAH)... Do i enjoy gossip? God forgive me. Ok, no. I just love to be abreast of situations around me. kapich...

Anonymous said...

Alleluia! denrele has finally boughta car? i hope a brand new one sef? that boi has tried........i see him mounting bikes and hoppin cabs and you know wat? he doesnt even send sef! Lol
i wish i was rich enuff to buy him one ..........that was then sha! happy for him.........tell him we gotta wash it o!
i hope its not a soundcity official car? that guy is doin too much for those people sef.

Recent Posts