Why do people lie about their age? + Across The Naija Premier + Obasanjo in class | Welcome to Linda Ikeji's Blog

LI_Leaderboard_4

LI_Leaderboard_1

LI_Leaderboard_2

LI_Leaderboard_3

Wednesday 12 September 2007

Why do people lie about their age? + Across The Naija Premier + Obasanjo in class

Most people don't like to tell their age, but when they do, they lie about it. I saw a CV yesterday, the date of birth on it was Feb 16th 1980, the ladies driver's licence read, Feb 16th 1978, and her international passport read Feb 16th 1976. We laughed about it but it wasn't funny. According to all this documents she's between 27 and 31 years old...funny huh? The funniest of it all is that she refused to tell me which of the DOB was her real one.

Sometime last week, during a casting, a model told me she was 23 years old, the following day, her older sister came for this same casting and told me she was 21 years old...how in the world can a girl be younger than her younger sister? lol!

In 2005, some guy told me he was 35, only for me to find out later through his brother, that was 43...8 years difference? Freaky right?

There are so many other examples I can give...some of you have experienced such I'm sure, or may you also are guilty? lol

What I don't understand is the need for people to lie about their age...I understand telling people you're a year or two younger than your real age, I understand if you're trying to get into the entertainment industry and you want people to think you are young blood...but in the real world, with real people, why all the fabrications? Why take out 5, 6 , 8 years from your age?

How many of you know your friend's or colleagues real age? Even your partner can lie to you about their age, imagine a wife or girlfriend not knowing her husband or boyfriend's real age,

My question is this: Why do people feel a need to lie about their age? Anyone has a reasonable explanantion? Also, who lies more about their age, the guys or the girls?


Here are pictures from the premier of Nollywood movie 'Across The Niger', which held on the 19th of August at the Planet One Event centre...


The guys behind the movie...Kingsley Ogoro, Segun Arinze and co...!


Sammie Okposo

MBGN
Aki

Olu Jacobs
MBGN


P-square

Ini Edo and Segun Arinze
Tuface

Ali baba and wife

Tee-A and Kenny Ogungbe

KOK, wife, Dele Momodu and Tokunboh afikuyomi


For more pix, go to purefoto.com




Obasanjo in Exam Class


I'm sure most of you know that our former president, Olusegun Obasanjo, is a student of The National Open University of Nigeria, where he's studying Christian Theology. He started classes in June of this year and had his first examination some weeks back...here's a pic of OBJ during the exam...




What the hell is he doing looking into his bag during an examination? Looking for expos? lol! I love this man, I don't care what anyone says, I love him...but seriously what is he doing?




Here's a joke to get you started on the right foot this morning.
GRANDMA IN COURT

Lawyers should never ask a Mississippi grandma a question... if they aren't prepared for the answer.

In a trial, a Southern small-town prosecuting attorney called his
first witness to the stand. She was a grand-motherly, elderly woman.He approached her and asked,

"Mrs. Jones, do you know me?"She responded, "Why, yes, I do know you, Mr. Williams. I've known you since you were a young boy, and frankly, you've been a big disappointment to me. You lie, you cheat on your wife, and you manipulate people and talk about them behind their backs. You think you're a big shot when you haven't the brains to realize you never will amount to anything more than a two-bit paper pusher. Yes, I know you."

The lawyer was stunned! Not knowing what else to do, he pointed across the room and asked,
Mrs. Jones, do you know the defense attorney?" Again she replied, "Why, yes, I do. I've known Mr. Bradley since he was a youngster, too. He's lazy, bigoted, and he has a drinking problem. He can't build a normal relationship with anyone and his law practice is one of the worst in the entire state. Not to mention he cheated on his wife with three different women. One of them was your wife. Yes, I know him." The defense attorney almost died.
The judge asked both counselors to approach the bench. In a very quiet voice, said, "If either of you idiots asks her if she knows me, I'll send you to the electric chair"

Ok...that's all for today...see y'all tomorrow! BTW, where the hell is Bellanaija? Girl you're driving your blog addicts like myself, crazy...Return soon! Take care everyone! Ciao!

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks linda i read your blog every morning. I live in maryland and i tell my friends in texas about your blog. keep up the good job. thanks for the morning joke it was funny. Be good

Mommy said...

You know I've wondered why people lie about their age. At first I thot it was because of NYSC. I think the age thing is to suit the situation you are found in. Baba Sege in class...lol

Unknown said...

LOL@grandma hehehehe

RE: Lying about age.
I don't lie about my age, there's no need, people assume me to be years younger 99% of the time.
I think men lie about their age just as often as women do.
I once dated this guy who was 42.He told me he was 31, and he looked even younger to me. I should dedicate a post to him one day the fine fulani...

RE: the movie premier, I can't tell what season it is, some people are wearing velvet blazers, others wearing knit hats... is Nigeria going through some sort of autumn weather or what?

Tyra!!! said...

Linda, this picture must have been taken some mins before the exam started, because Obasanjo showed everyone his bag before he went in for the exam. I am sure he opened his bag to get his writing materials because that was the only thing in his bag. He showed the camera his bag, he emptied it and the only materials we saw in his bag (on national TV) were his writing materials.

Mimi said...

hi hunie how r u?

ini edo looks like she just straight out copied mary-j blige. maybe it was unintentional. lookin good tho.

Anonymous said...

am sorry but ini edo resembu mama g for dat picture....wetin she carry for head??? these celebs really need a fashion police o...linda do u guys have one in naija???

Linda Ikeji said...

mimi darling im doing great.how u dey?
@anon, do we have fashion police in Naija? That's the only kind of police we have, they don't chase criminals anymore...their focus now are girls going about their business

Endi said...

When u enrol in a University at 18, graduate at 23 + 2 = 25 due to incessant strikes, wait for a year before embarking on NYSC that would last a year, how old would u now be? 27 abi? You go and apply for tens of jobs, and u are told they are looking for 25 year olds.Wat are u going to do? The answer is obvious...

Anonymous said...

ini doent look good in this picture, is she pregnant linda?

Meadows j. said...

I recon that most of my friends lie about their age and i find it rather funny, i don't know why that is but am guessing they look way older than their age. i am blessed with ever youthful look, am married with 3 kids but you couldn't even guess that i was married let alone being a mother to 3 lovely rugrats.THANK GOD.

Meadows j. said...

INI EDO'S RAZZNESS IS TOTALLY DOING MY HEAD IN. SHE NEEDS TO GET A STYLIST.

Meadows j. said...

LINDA DID ALI BABA REMARRY? COS THAT LADY DID NOT LOOK LIKE HIS WIFE.

Ms. Catwalq said...

Catwalq International Academie III is here!!!!!

Aijay said...

Love OBJ's pic!!

Fatima Johnson said...

What??? Thank God I wasn't in that court? Wetin I for tell my mama....lol! Nice one.
Linda, this's my 1st on this page and I must confess it's a "page extraordinaire".....pls publicise more, I'll do my part...xxx

Unknown said...

Sometimes some things are necessary.

Recent Posts