I'm Back + Naija Entertainment Gists. | Welcome to Linda Ikeji's Blog

LI_Leaderboard_4

LI_Leaderboard_1

LI_Leaderboard_2

LI_Leaderboard_3

Sunday 1 July 2007

I'm Back + Naija Entertainment Gists.

I’m soooooo glad to be back…who has missed me? lol. Trust me it wasn’t easy ignoring my laptop for one week…so many times I wanted to blog but there was always something very important to do…

I haven’t done any real blogging in two weeks have I? Two weeks ago I went totally nuts…posting and deleting, posting and deleting…I know I drove some people crazy, surprised a lot too…pardon me abeg, it was emotions…I was just going through something that messed with my spirit…I went crazy and did some things that when I look back now I don’t regret at all… but I’m back to normal again lol…I’m happier than I’ve been in ages…things are just going so well for me right now…

So I’m back to blogging but I don’t know about bigger, bolder and better lol. It’s been crazy busy in the office…when I think about it that was actually the reason I needed some time off…we are presently working on two big projects.

The first is Style Night: A fashion, modeling, music, comedy and dance show.
Date: July 28th
Time: 8pm till dawn
Gate: N1, 000
Venue: Moods Bar, 57, Ogunlana Drive, Surulere, Lagos.
Featuring: 3 designers (+ lingerie), 15 models, 3 musicians (including Rugged man, Spiderman), 3 comedians, 2 dance groups…it will be so much fun.

If you’re a reader of this blog, you get two free tickets to the show. Just call Alfred on 08026013965 and tell him you read about the show on my blog.

The second project is my TV show called Catwalk With Linda.
This show will be like a mini modeling/fashion show/competition on TV. The show will involve a stage, runway, models, judges, and an audience. We are hoping to start shooting in about 2/3 weeks…

I have to make an announcement here….if you’re a girl between 16/25, think you have the potential to be a model, never modeled before, want the opportunity and don’t mind being on TV, then you need to get in touch with us.

Also, we need hairstylists, make up artists, fashion stylists, boutiques to clothe the models and moi, Jewellers, Millinery designers…

If you’re interested in working with us, contact us at:
Blackdove Communications
7a, Adeniyi Adefioye Str., by Ogosco Bus-stop, Ikate, Surulere, Lagos.
Tel: 01-8509898, 08033595004

Casting for potential models for Catwalk with Linda is Thursday and Friday 5th and 6th July 2007. Time 9 am. It’s for guys and girls, At the office.

Also, we are looking for about 70 members of the audience…if you’re interested please call Jackson on 08036429347 so he can book you for our pilot shoot. Apart from all the fun and meeting celebrity judges, there will be souvenirs and gift items from us and our sponsors…it will be so much fun.

That said, let’s check out some Naija entertainment gists

Omotola Jalade Ekeinde acquires N5m Lincoln Navigator Jeep
Sexy actress, singer and mother of four, Omotola Jalade Ekeinde just took delivery of a red Lincoln Navigator jeep which she said has always been her dream car. The way our entertainers are buying jeeps these days is crazy...there's a running joke that you can't differentiate a rich man and an entertainer as most entertainers now cruise around town in exotic cars. The big boys have stopped buying regular jeeps and go for really expensive cars they hope our Naija entertainers can't afford lol.

Nkem Owoh arrested in Holland
Rumour has it that star actor, Nkem owoh was arrested and detained by dutch security operatives on Saturday June 16th 2007 at the Grand Café on South East Amsterdam Holland, where he had gone to perform his popular song, ‘I go chop your dollar’. Everyone at the venue was rough-handled and over 200 people arrested, including the star actor. No official reason was given for the arrest. They’ve all been released though

Kenny St. and Eddy Montana marriage crashes
Gist has it that the once rosy marriage between top gospel artist and sibling to Kenny Ogungbe, Kenny St. Brown, and hip hop singer and former Remedies star, Eddy Montana, has broken down. The two are said to have broken up since March and have lived separately since then with Eddy keeping their daughter and Kenny keeping their son. The whole gist of the break up is really messy and too long so I won’t even go into details…but the whole blame of the break up was placed on Eddy, who they say called off the marriage for reasons best known to him.

Two people I know who got married 2/3 years ago are also getting divorced. I guess marriage ain’t as rosy as some of us think…the best thing is to be patient and prayerful, God will find us the right partner.


Nduka Obaigbena’s event center
Thisday Newsapaper publisher Nduka Obaigbena is set to open an ultra modern event centre located on the popular Lekki/Ajah Expressway. The place has been described as the largest events venue in Africa. The state-of-the-art complex sits on a large expanse of land measuring about 160 by 120 metres. The centre is built on three floors and is made of steel and aluminium cladding. It has a capacity to sit 15, 000 people and 26, 000 standing. It also has a VIP lounge and ample parking lot capable of parking 1, 300 cars comfortably. The official commissioning of the place will coincide with the annual Thisday Music Festival holding July 12. This is one show I hope I won't miss. I love John Legend to bits...I think the gate fee is 10 grand? We'll see...
That's all the entertainment gist I have for now...I'll get you more in a few days...

On a different note, someone came to see me at work some days ago, she thought I was heart broken and wanted to come console me. After spending 30 minutes with me, she said girl you better shut up about being heart broken. You’ve never seen a broken woman before…she said I seem happier than most…when I really think about it, I don’t think I was heart broken, I think I was just hurt and angry but I’ve let all that go…my heart is still intact and ready to love again…I don't have that much time on my hands right now but if it's romance? kissing? Please I have time for that one o lol. So whoever you are, wherever you are…find me! Thought to chip that in…lol.

Meanwhile, there’s this anonymous who has been sending me very hateful comments, whoever you are, get off my blog and go get a life! If you don't like your life...buy a gun and put it to good use. And if you have a job, please use your next salary to check yourself into a psyche ward…you're demented. How can you live with all that anger and hatred inside you?…Sad life!

Ok that was me being mean…pardon yours truly, but the anon just about got on my last nerve…sad people, they disgust me!

To better things, with everything that's happened to me in the last two weeks, I learnt one very important lesson…and that is, nothing happens to us by accident…everything happens for a purpose, the way it was destined to happen…so never look back in regret and never question God why your life isn’t going the way you want it to go…he already knows your future, so he’ll gear your present to fit his future plans for you…Take life as it comes, be thankful for everything you have and never question God.

No matter what it is you’re going through in life right now; remember that the distance between your problems and its solution is the distance between your knees and the floor. Talk to humans only after you’ve talked to God…

Ok, go to go…Muah! That’s me blowing you a kiss…I don’t know who taught me that…Mimi, Toni Payne, I’m a babe, Nyemoni, Naija babe, Catwalq, Wienna? One of you did sha!

There’s just so much I’m thankful for, one of which is knowing I have friends in some of you out there. I know some people are two-faced, but there are some who are sincere. To all you sincere ones who really care, I love you back in the best way anyone can love a stranger. I wish you all the best in every single thing you do.

See y’all tomorrow.

Muah once again! Ciao!

29 comments:

SET said...

DON'T MIND ANYONE TRYING TO BRING YOU DOWN AND FURTHER. HOW BAD CAN IT GET? YOU ARE FINE AND WILL BECOME A BETTER PERSON AFTER ALL OF THIS. YOUR ACT OF SHARINGHELPED OTHERS TO NOT FEEL ALONE IN SIMILAR SITUATIONS. KEEP YOUR HEAD UP.

Abimars said...

Welcome back Linda,
this is my first comment on your blog I heard about it during all the "drama" I'm glad its all over and you're stronger for it, I've now read every single post on your blog (guess how long that took me,lol)and even put a link to it from mine, Great Blog!

T.Williams-A said...

Not bad Linda. I actually stumbled upon your page when searching for information on the 07/07/07 event. Really impressive.

I'm also a "member" of the fashion industry so your website is a useful tool to have for up-to-date information on events in the Nigerian fashion industry. Any plan on having such events in Cape Town in the near future?

Do have a great week ahead! And keep up the splendid work!

TWayne.

T.Williams-A said...

Not bad Linda. I actually stumbled upon your page when searching for information on the 07/07/07 event. Really impressive.

I'm also a player in the fashion industry so your website is a useful tool to have for up-to-date information on events in the Nigerian fashion industry. Any plan on having such events in Cape Town in the near future?

Do have a great week ahead! And keep up the splendid work!

TWayne.

T.Williams-A said...

Nice work Linda.

Mimi said...

Hiiiiiii babe!

Good to have you back :)

shey you are refreshed? good! (you said yes now..abi?) The Lord will be your strength, Just let him guide you sweetie. Let your 'Adam' find you jare, dont worry about it.

God bless the works of your hands too! Your TV show will be a success!

Much Love. Mwah!

Anonymous said...

welcome back lady! keep it up! interesting news on the president's daughter. Your style night sounds like serious fun!

Anonymous said...

LIIIIIIIIIIIIInnnddddddddaaaa!!
nice to have u back..youve got talent babe!...
...enjoy the dates, toasting, spoiling from potentials...which i can bet on it..will start trooping in!....you are on ur way to be a 'proper' celebrity jare....

stay strong!
ur fan!!

Afolabi said...

hi linda ikeji, u're back..it's good to know you're up and kicking it after everything...nkem owoh arrested for what? sigh...more naija gist with you bck in the block

♥♫♪nyemoni♫♪♥ said...

Show, I just KNEW you'd be back! Abd Vera's back to cheer you up some more too! You can't be too sad when you have a bunch of sisters around! Good to have you back sha!

Na wah o! The entertainment jist is plenny interesting! Just yesterday, I drove past Aliko Dangote's house in Vi and I was sayin to myself.. this house is too big sha? And here he is getting set to marry Presido's 21 yr old... More grease to em!

olubukola said...

Thank God ur back gurl.Missed ur blog.Came across it in June and since then it's been like a daily tonic.About Kenny SB and eddy...I didn't really think d marriage would work out after a while.Never really seen them in a show or event together even when she's performing.

Unknown said...

Hey! Linda,

Glad to see u back Girl! How could u put us on 2wks rammadan just like that? Do u think it's easy for folks to go unblogging for such a long time!well, sha, am excited to c u back...nice to hear that u 've doing pretty fine...have a wonderful week ahead!
One Love.

Mimi said...

Babe, how are you? I have started a series on Man/Woman (relationships, purposes etc) on my blog. so check it out and leave a comment on what you feel. it will be on mondays and fridays.

Dimples said...

As normal thank u for all your informative info...

Don't mind those anonymous commenters...they just like causing trouble...Keep up the good work sha!!

Admin UD said...

Sounds like it's gonna be so much fun. Wish i'm in naija or do i?

Toni Payne said...

LMAO! at this comment "If you don't like your life...buy a gun and put it to good use." abi o

anyways good to have u back, I may be landing gidi this weekend. If I do I'm fixing to come stalk u small seeing as ur office is close to my boutique..

classybabe said...

The trend of young girls marrying older men continues...
Welcome back and keep doing your thing!

Meadows j. said...

Linda nice to hear from you again, i knew you would bounce back. i have been crazy busy and sooo stressed out with my project, i shall speak to you as soon as am done.

Dont let anyone upset you remember that you are a strong chic. xxx

Anonymous said...

STAY UP GIRL, U R GONNA BE FINE. U LUCKY I'M ONLY 19 AND BROKE AS HELL IN aMERICA, I WOULD HAVE COME BACK TO NAIJA AND MARRIED YOUR FINE ASS LOL.........STAY POSITIVE!!

Anonymous said...

STAY PRETTY!!

Anonymous said...

Well, I am a reader of your blog who live outside the country. This exclude me from getting the free tickets to your event. Ok, I can live with the consolation prize; the privilege of reading your blog.. ha-ha!
Remi
Columbia, SC

Anonymous said...

Welcome back girl. I seriously think it's high time d 'olofofos' in naija stop publicising which celeb have acquired new car or house. I think dis just takes their privacy away from them cos we all know how d armed robbery is spiralling out of control now. No offence to u Linda, just saying sha.
I knew there's something new about Kenny St. Brown. She's been looking a lot more fresh and finer these days.

My 2 cents said...

Now this is what I'm talking about. Running your business and doing you! Will call you later in the day.

Icy PR said...

Welcome back.! Glad you're getting over getting hurt. Congrats on your projects So can we see this show here? as per Yankee soem of us have access to NTA and AIT.. hook it up babz!

Anonymous said...

Welcome welcome back... Missed you alot.. Well i guess the blog its taking a new style.. One more thing, what happens to people like me who read your blog everyday and are out of the country.hummm i wont agree oo lol
Keep up the good job, glad u are happy
Urs, Nikky

LurLar said...

Haters everywhere,na wa oh!!! They want to be like you,nd since dey can't be like u,dey want to drag u down with their yeye mouth.
Mehnnnn i might be wrong oh....but i hope yar'adua is not marrying his daughters off as a compromise btw dis rich,pot belly men. Dats why i like ur blog na correct latest gist.

Anonymous said...

I thought Aliko Dangote was set to marry Wosilat Okoya's daughter -Bisola Dejonwo? Infact my sources informed me that he had already gone to ask for her hand in marriage!

Refinedone said...

Welcome back Linda...

I think it was Kebbi State Governor that married Yar'Adua's daughter (not Katsina state).

...hopefully see you on the 28th :)

all the best now.

Anonymous said...

Glad your back Thx for the celebrity gist

Recent Posts