Photos: Chimamanda Adichie in Paris | Welcome to Linda Ikeji's Blog

LI_Mobile_Leaderboard_1

Tuesday, 27 January 2015

Photos: Chimamanda Adichie in Paris

Chimamanda Adichie was in France a few days ago to promote her book, 'Americanah', a New York Time’s 10 Best Books of the Year and winner of the National Book Critics Circle Award for Fiction. The novel has already sold 500,000 copies in the US alone and has been translated into 25 different languages.

In an interview with Nicolas Germain of France 24 about the upcoming election, Chimamanda said "none of the two main candidates inspire her". More pics after the cut...


129 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Right my dear girl. Nigerian's are chasing shadows "again". Wake up Nigeria

      Delete
    2. Omg!! She said my fucking mind. Non of them inspire me. She's classy as fu*k 😭😢

      Delete
    3. If u ask me, i feel d book "Americannah" needs no further promotion. Itsbjst one of dose books dat uv either read or u jst knw u f#ckd up!!!

      Delete
  2. Good for her,i love u pretty

    GEJ till 2019

    !!BIG BROTHER SAYS SO!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All hail Chi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amricanah, touching stories

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful $ intelligent woman.u rock

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful $ intelligent woman.u rock

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful $ intelligent woman.u rock

    ReplyDelete
  8. I want to be like her when I grow up.

    ReplyDelete
  9. D Feminist... Not looking bad.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amricanah, a touching stories

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful woman with a good head on top of her shoulders.

    ReplyDelete
  12. She look cute. Who read this article writing by charles soludo? Fan or fani kayodie shut-up oh! Before u start barking like bush dog. read, at a period Nigeria earned hundreds of billions from oil. For comparisons, President Obasanjo met about $5 billion in foreign reserves, and the average monthly oil price for the 72 months he was in office was $38, and yet he left $43 billion in foreign reserves after paying $12 billion to write-off Nigeria’s external debt. In the last five years, the average monthly oil price has been over $100, and the quantity also higher but our foreign reserves have been declining and exchange rate depreciating.

    I note that when I assumed office as Governor of CBN, the stock of foreign reserves was $10 billion. The average monthly oil price during my 60 months in office was $59, but foreign reserve reached the all-time peak of $62 billion (and despite paying $12 billion for external debt, and losing over $15 billion during the unprecedented global financial and economic crisis) I left behind $45 billion.  Recall also that our exchange rate continuously appreciated during this period and was at N117 to the dollar before the global crisis and we deliberately allowed it to depreciate in order to preserve our reserves. And as now Nobody no what we have in our foreign reserve. Whoever tell me to vote for GEJ. Thunder will fire that person! Nigerians wake-up my people lives matter. PDP party and corruption insecurity darkness no electricity bad government must go. vote for #change# vote Buhari and Osinbajo. For president next month 14th! God will must surely help Nigeria to sweep away evil politicians men in Nigeria in jesus mighty name Amen!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You campaign in vain! Employ yourself to something useful.

      Delete
  13. Good for her...
    I hope she enjoy her stay over there.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great achiever...God bless u. Samuel_augustina@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Me neither boo. God knows best

    ReplyDelete
  16. Okiie seen, onto d next one. Linda take note!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great achiever...God bless u. Samuel_augustina@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Okiie seen, onto d next one. Linda take note!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Okiie seen, onto d next one. Linda take note!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Juliet PLEASE in d name of all dat u hold dear STOP wit d "Linda take note", It drives us nuts PLUS its a WACK signature... Nd d fact dat u ALWAYS drop multiple comments... *sigh*

      Delete
  20. They don't inspire anybody, people are just rallying behind them for selfish reasons.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Okiie seen, onto d next one. Linda take note!

    ReplyDelete
  22. She shaved side of her hair. Fierce!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Okiie seen, onto d next one. Linda take note!

    ReplyDelete
  24. My chima the heaven is ur limit explore dear its hard work speaking

    ReplyDelete
  25. She is really going far with her books.gud for her

    ReplyDelete
  26. Fair enough@ Chimanda....none of the two main candidates inspire me.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Candidates or characters? Lost !

    ReplyDelete
  28. I say congratulations to her. Once I raised the book, I couldn't let I down. Kudos!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Seriously i view her thought,the same with me,never like the choice of the Presidential aspirants thats for APC and PDP.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Women pride....

    ~@iamjbankz SA to President Jonathan 2015~

    ReplyDelete
  31. That one of the two candidates inspire her is weighty. Anyways, we have to choose one of them.

    Meanwhile Congrats Chimamanda as you continue to live your dreams.

    ReplyDelete
  32. a.k.a EDWIN CHINEDU AZUBUKO said...
    .
    Keep doing naija proud babe.... Bigger yu i pray........
    .
    .
    ***CURRENTLY IN JUPITER***

    ReplyDelete
  33. I sense this woman has pride

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shut up already! How many books have you written? Humble you!

      Delete
  34. Finally have someone who shares same opinion as i. Jonathan and Buhari, both don't inspire me.....

    ReplyDelete
  35. See my mentor

    I love ds woman like kilode.



    @Galore

    ReplyDelete
  36. The book would be so expensive

    ReplyDelete
  37. She's such a role model....to any youth that aspire to be great......like I said.....Jonathan incompetence disqualified him same as buharia past regime.....don't get me wrong I love democratic sys but Nigeria is under tyranny.....

    •••QUEENMAYA•••

    ReplyDelete
  38. She just raised one side of her ass as if she was letting out a large fart.

    ReplyDelete
  39. NA ROLE MODEL B DIS NO B ALL DIZ OUR NUDIST.

    ReplyDelete
  40. beauty & brain
    looking good






    #Commenting thru Glo 4G LTE

    ReplyDelete
  41. Hmmmm, seriously crushing on this woman; she's my "intellectual"crush.
    I've read all of Chimamanda Adichie's books.
    Can't wait to read more though.
    I admire the "Ifemelu" character in Americanah- which is by far my best read for 2014.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I concur! I love d Ifemelu character die!

      Delete
  42. Proud of this woman. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  43. MR EDDY said this heat wan kill person o.

    Nice one dear.
    ^
    ^
    ^™THAT EDO BOY.COM~

    ReplyDelete
  44. Ma mum,genny nnaji,folounsho alakija,chimamanda nd linda ikeji they inspire me alot

    ReplyDelete
  45. Nice one.

    ~BONARIO~says so via NOKIA LUMIA

    ReplyDelete
  46. Same here o my dear. Neither of them impresses me o. I ve said it before. Its a pity one will emerge victorious. Soar high dear, d sky is ur start point.


    @Sophia Stephen

    ReplyDelete
  47. I LOVE THIS LADY!!! AT LEAST SHE WAS HONEST ENOUGH TO SPEAK HER MIND UNLIKE SOME OF THE SO CALLED CELEBRITY""""JC

    ReplyDelete
  48. I LOVE THIS LADY!!! AT LEAST SHE WAS HONEST ENOUGH TO SPEAK HER MIND UNLIKE SOME OF THE SO CALLED CELEBRITY""""JC

    ReplyDelete
  49. I LOVE THIS LADY!!! AT LEAST SHE WAS HONEST ENOUGH TO SPEAK HER MIND UNLIKE SOME OF THE SO CALLED CELEBRITY""""JC

    ReplyDelete
  50. Who cares who among the inspire u! I alwayz love this woman. Her books, storyline and the way she writes her story's are so intriguing, but truth be told she became drunk by money! Comeon that screen write abi the movie of half of a yellow sun was a disgrace n embarrassment, comeon it's suppose to be a historical movie, hw can it b 1hr30mins, and the impt and essential parts of the book was conveniently left out. Wen I watched the movie all dey fuss abt it I didn't see@all. Its just sad

    ReplyDelete
  51. Love her. She looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  52. She is right! None of the candidate inspires the youths of this country! GMB may win base on sympathy vote!

    ReplyDelete
  53. 9ice one there.
    ⌣̊┈̥-̶̯͡»̶̥♡thanks ⌣̊┈̥-̶̯͡»̶̥ 

    ReplyDelete
  54. Ok. Daz nice. #oneandonlynwa@gmail.com#

    ReplyDelete
  55. She is still promoting this old book?

    ReplyDelete
  56. Congrats to her,is a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
  57. Congrats to her,is a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
  58. None of d presidential candidates inspires me too

    ReplyDelete
  59. I like dis lady and her work

    ReplyDelete
  60. I was on a metro bus few weeks ago and I saw a white teenage girl reading it, i was humbled. Adichie is blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  61. My thought as well I care less regarding the two aspirants and as for Chimamanda I love all your books Americanah was cool,anything from u can't be less.Thumbs up.

    ReplyDelete
  62. Wow... My Purple Hibiscus,i love this lady eh!

    ReplyDelete
  63. another success story for chimamanda. Good one! by the way.... none of the two contestants inspire me either.

    LezRock via Old itel mobile

    ReplyDelete
  64. another success story for chimamanda. Good one! by the way.... none of the two contestants inspire me either.

    LezRock via Old itel mobile

    ReplyDelete
  65. another success story for chimamanda. Good one! by the way.... none of the two contestants inspire me either.

    LezRock via Old itel mobile

    ReplyDelete
  66. Fine woman with brains.




    Busy Fingers.

    ReplyDelete
  67. Lol. Me too they don't inspire me too as well

    ReplyDelete
  68. She said my mind!
    Non of the two main candidates inspire me.
    They are just liars and desperados!
    Both Jonathan and his gang of criminals and Bugatti and his bunch of recycled crooks.
    Political prostitutes!

    Chimamanda: Role Model!

    ReplyDelete
  69. Why is this news?

    ReplyDelete
  70. Welds u hv done well and made us proud

    ReplyDelete
  71. this is my most favorite woman, then linda & genie, really enterprising & creative women, future leaders & most importantly single & independent!

    ReplyDelete
  72. I dey tell u, whether gudluck or buhari, none of dem inspire me

    ReplyDelete
  73. Enjoying the fruit of her labour,nice

    ReplyDelete
  74. Dis lady is making waves ooo

    ReplyDelete
  75. Congrats.......m
    none of them inspire me too...I dnt think am voting this year.
    God bless Nigeria

    ReplyDelete
  76. I love this lady

    ReplyDelete
  77. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  78. good for her. brilliant girl.

    ReplyDelete
  79. This woman's talent has really taken her places. Thumbs up!

    ReplyDelete
  80. I like Chimamanda very much...... I pray she gives birth to beautiful children. By that, she could transfer her talents to the next generation......

    ReplyDelete
  81. I like Chimamanda very much...... I pray she gives birth to beautiful children. by that, she could transfer her talents to the next generation......

    ReplyDelete
  82. She's the definition of beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  83. I Jst luv this woman!

    ReplyDelete
  84. You inspire us. I love purple hibiscus, Americanah not so much but we expect MORE from you. Kudos!

    ReplyDelete
  85. Nigeria's best export!

    ReplyDelete
  86. I always admire her she's cool

    ReplyDelete
  87. SERIOUSLY, I LOVE THIS LADY, GOOD JOB ON AMERICANNAH. MAKES ME PROUD TO HAVE A NIGERIAN LIKE HER.

    ReplyDelete
  88. SERIOUSLY, I LOVE THIS LADY, GOOD JOB ON AMERICANNAH. MAKES ME PROUD TO HAVE A NIGERIAN LIKE HER.

    ReplyDelete

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed in comments are those of the comment writers alone and does not reflect or represent the views of Linda Ikeji.

Recent Posts