'I am the king of R&B in Nigeria' - Darey Art Alade declares | Welcome to Linda Ikeji's Blog

LI_Mobile_Leaderboard_1

Tuesday, 15 April 2014

'I am the king of R&B in Nigeria' - Darey Art Alade declares

Award winning artiste Darey Art Alade said in a recent interview with Encomium mag that he is the king of RnB music in Nigeria and not Banky W. When asked if he feels any competition between himself and Banky W knowing that they are both called Nigeria's king of RnB, Darey replied;
"There is only one king of RnB. I have never heard anybody being called king of RnB except me. I have never heard anybody call him (Banky W) king of RnB except if you think he is one. But the truth is, there is only one king, and you know who the king is. If you doubt it, my new material will settle the scores. Although it has taken sometime, I am very happy the work is coming out soon" he told the magazine
Darey also spoke on the increased rate of artiste/management face off and revealed plans of acquiring a radio station. Continue to read the rest...

On artiste/management face off, Darey said;
"The truth of the matter is everybody has a role to play and they have a portion of the blame. The label invests something, I don't want to say much. For every investment you want to make a return. This is where the artiste doesn't understand. In the beginning, they gave you a house, a car, and you think you are talented, and come to think of it, you don't even have anything in the market. Whatever they gave you was based on potential, the initial agreement that if I give you this, you will give me that in return. Some artistes don't have agreement, everything is sealed at a bar. As you drink, you signed without realizing what you are signing. Some of them are illiterates, some pretend to know what the business is all about, but they don't. Some of them get carried away by the glitz and glamour of it, signed without knowing what the agreement stipulates. When they default, they start blaming the label, saying all sorts of things. But most of us don't find out what was the agreement before going to the press and write. On the other side, the label may have been obligated to do certain things but they did not do it and the artiste will complain. These are the issues" he said
On how to resolve these issues, Darey said;
"I think both sides should have respect for agreement. There shouldn't be issues if both sides respect agreement they made. For instance, when I left Questionmark, nobody heard that I fought anybody till tomorrow. Yes we had disagreement, it wasn't a rosy ending but till date they are still my friends, we work together. So maturity is needed to handle such situation".
Darey also spoke on his plans to own a radio station
"I will love to own a radio station. I have already started making inquiries and plans on that feasibility. I am a radio person, I have worked on radio, and it was really fun. Since then I felt it is good if I can achieve this by running a radio station. After all, it will provide jobs for people, encourage creativity and improve entertainment. I don't know the format of the station yet but let me get the license first" he said.

132 comments:

  1. Well the dude is good #bright bravo#

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. NA SO! Darey should shut the fuck up and watch out for PRAIZ ADEJO! that dude will slay both Darey and Banky Vocally anytime anyday.. Praiz is still coming out, and if you listen to his work, his music, his live performances, that's a true RnB king! So, Darey Alade, shut up you ain't no king....

      Delete
  2. dats ur opinion darey. u cant choose urself. allow pple make their choice. btw, u both re great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I honestly disagree apart frm "you re not the girl I used to knw every of ur song I no knw.... Banky is the king of R n B anyday anytime.... "U re the only one for me by banky is killer mehnnnn. That song beat ur "not the girl' song." Talk more Yes or No"etc I choose banky 1 million times over u he is King of R N B anyday

      Delete
  3. I think he is too. Banky isn't far back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And it has stopped the sun from shining??

    ~BONARIO~says so via NOKIA3310

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is ur no network aunty alive,u go dey call person wey no dey hear quick....

      Delete
  5. big mouth. U better adopt humility or else you will fall.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Like ur father did,failure is a tradition in ur lineage

      Delete
  6. dats ur opinion darey. u cant choose urself. allow pple make their choice. btw, u both re great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wholeheartedly agree with that. Banky isn't.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You see that dude with the big head beside dare.........yea, that one. I choose him over dare. Twice!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Daray pls o, with which song re u d king, d one u featured flavour or pls explain o. King my ass...dat big head too good pass you.

      Delete
    2. I agree with you.

      Delete
  9. Dude is so arrogant, rude and full of himself. On top that one, na im wife still dey control am. Pfffff

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. N what has his wife gat 2 do with it. Shut up u idiot male----C21

      Delete
  10. igberaga ni o ma n shiwaju iparun ke(someone please translate that)..well i will choose banky over and over again...his only song that really made sense was 'not the girl'. Whereas banky has so many sensible r&b tracks out there...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dont know if he is the king of Rnb, but he is a wonderful singer, love him, love his voice, love his genre of music


    Your comment will be visible after approval

    ReplyDelete
  12. They are both good, but thr can only be a king.... i'll go with Banky W.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Seriously, Darey is a very good artist. I respect him so much with his songs, I also love his videos. But to the King matter, I don't bealif u are the ONE. ⌣̊┈̥-̶̯͡»̶̥♡thanks ⌣̊┈̥-̶̯͡»̶̥ 

    ReplyDelete
  14. O! Dare plz take several seats jawe

    www.makeupcubicle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yes!!!! E is!!! Not d girl jst mkes me cry err'tym i listen to it!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. U̶̲̥̅̊ Α̲̅я̩̥̊ε̲̣̣̣̥ really gƠ̴̴̴̴͡Ơ̴̴̴̴͡d̶̲̥̅̊, that I know but U̶̲̥̅̊ being the king of RandB honestly I can't guarantee that (my personal opinion O)

    ReplyDelete
  17. That's outright pride!
    He doesn't have to say he is, let people/his fans do the talking....I'm no fan of either of them though, but i have ears for good music with some inspiring msg; I may have listened to either of their songs without even knowing.

    Ndi igbo si na ngala bulu uzo, odida esoro ya.


    *My R1.50c comment *

    ReplyDelete
  18. Darey, I disagree with you

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ifo Chakpii...now I understand why some obviously poor and hungry artistes own houses and cars overnight and after a while they would become poor again.I beg Dare wakeup cos Banky is doing better than you these days. I suggest RnBKING for your future radio station. #IndispensableSTAR#

    ReplyDelete
  20. and YES Darey is the only King of RnB any other is a counterfiet. Banky is a confused RnB musician. lol

    ReplyDelete
  21. Pls wen u do c me here I would love 2 work wit u,u re really a gud artist.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I don't think so Mr Alade. Lol

    ReplyDelete
  23. He is sick for calling himself king of r n b in Nigeria,in short he is mad,who dash him king of r n b,wen we have the likes of timi dakolo and praiz

    ReplyDelete
  24. yes you are,buh for your pockect,unfurtunatly nigerians dont fancy a nigerian r/b artists so keep it to your self

    ReplyDelete
  25. Heheheh i smell beefing o, i kinda like banky w u better, broda dare so sorry u aint the king to me u hia!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Banky sings better.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Epic story.tayo

    ReplyDelete
  28. Darey does not even have a hit song

    ReplyDelete
  29. For your mind abi?

    ReplyDelete
  30. u are not the king of R n B.....in ur dreams

    ReplyDelete
  31. I don't even know d guy sef I swear with my fadas grave? U are not suppose to say am d best,let pple do dat 4 u?talk2dhand?pattluvz

    ReplyDelete
  32. King of R&B nko in his dream

    ReplyDelete
  33. @Dare! Proud thing.

    ReplyDelete
  34. In ur wildest dream

    ReplyDelete
  35. nngwanu! ezigbote "king of R&B" #selfacclaimed..................VANNY

    ReplyDelete
  36. May be darey is dreaming or something but am sure he knws the that the big headed man close to him, yes him is the king we all knw......
    .
    .
    .
    ***CURRENTLY IN JUPITER***

    ReplyDelete
  37. Dare is such a dreamer *mschewWww! Banky W anyday anytime

    ReplyDelete
  38. Darey, till yu sing song wey pass yes or no. Then yu are still slping.... Bcos banky STRONG THING and ur THE GAL I USE TO KNW are both equal abeg.....
    .
    .
    .
    ***CURRENTLY IN JUPITER***

    ReplyDelete
  39. Dare must be a stupid person for saying that he is the king of R&B. Banky is on a much higher level than he is, we have much more better R&B crooners than him(Dare) too, check out the songs and check when last he made a good song not to talk of a hit then u'll understand what I'm talking about. Guess he need the publicity desperately that's why he opened his big mouth, oh well, I understand.

    ReplyDelete
  40. Dare, i sabi u and ur elder bro from unilag dayz, na only instrument una sabi play. una no sabi sing..u might be a better instrumentalist but banky w sings better than you...far far better. even timi dokolo is better than you as well, me sef better pass you. Big Head Banky W is the king of naija R&B....darey and chidi mokeme are the kings of naija sugar mommy...cougars

    ReplyDelete
  41. The Two guys re Gud
    But I love Darey so I ll give it to him.

    ReplyDelete
  42. Did he actually give himself dat title

    ReplyDelete
  43. Darey you're a proud bigoted fool.. King of rnb my black ass.. I'm not a big fan of banky w but with this your stupid pompous statement,I'll choose him over u a million times.. Idiot!

    ReplyDelete
  44. See Darey, u had some really in d past but, u can keep living in that past. U need to prove to us that u r still a good artist instead of calling urself d king. Some of ur new songs have been bad. U r not consistent and that why Banky W is the king and obviously not u. Less I say Silver Saddih is the king of R&B but consistency is the key

    ReplyDelete
  45. He is doing d proverbial "lizard thing".Self hype is allowed jare.
    #tayo

    ReplyDelete
  46. Dare welcome mr king....beta go sitdown

    ReplyDelete
  47. Yes u are. U are good and u know it and whether haters like it or not, dey know it 2. U hav bragging rights jare.

    ReplyDelete
  48. I take it dare was being sarcastic or joking. But seriously who buys his records. If i wan hear R&B I go to American old school records. But no one else but us naija does afro pop/ naija hip hop so flavour, inyana, p square, 2baba etc well done.

    ReplyDelete
  49. People are dying and being abducted by Boko Haram and you're there claiming kingship. What an idiot. You and all your so called celebs should go take several back seats abeg

    ReplyDelete
  50. Darey is good but I prefer Banky W...he's more versatile with his style

    ReplyDelete
  51. Banky W is the king of R&B....not an opinion it is the FACT.

    ReplyDelete
  52. Who dash you??? Hw can yu lay claim on smethn that you hvnt wrked hard for? Anam anukwa!

    ReplyDelete
  53. Miss Congeniality15 April 2014 at 14:57

    BankyW is the undisputed king of RnB,Dare's songs are always boring and lacks d sensuality I find in Banky's song,Banky is a good composer,performer and twice a better singer than Dare ever was....My Opinion

    ReplyDelete
  54. Shit talk darey...only 4 ur mumu mind na em u be king for R n B.....its very obvious banky got it..so go chill

    ReplyDelete
  55. Shit talk darey...only 4 ur mumu mind na em u be king for R n B.....its very obvious banky got it..so go chill

    ReplyDelete
  56. For wia?Banky all the way.apart from d voice,hes very humble,intelligent and level headed.cant say that for Darey.who made him king?!!!

    ReplyDelete
  57. Banky is KING!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  58. I consider Banky King of R&B in naija oo...Darey is trying bt dat TITLE isn't he's at all

    ReplyDelete
  59. oh please darey get over urself, i admire ur work but u're no match for banky, he's just too good and so far i've seen no wrong in his music....
    stick to what you know best datz playing the piano and let banky create a good music with it

    ReplyDelete
  60. Naaa u are not, wandecoal is The King of RNB in Africa.. Ololufe is one of the best rnb song ever.... U r just a good writer..

    ReplyDelete
  61. Mtchewwww... Dare who dash u king of R&B??? Abeg take 5 seats behind. Ur songs re not flexible enough for us nigerians. Great voice u have I give it to U. But dat big head Banky is d real Deal. I prefer him 50times to U. Listen to d lyrics of YES or NO especially imagine such song even included pindgin english.. Choi Abeg sit down. Banky Is d king... He can't fit shout... PweetymissLilly says so.

    ReplyDelete
  62. Akinyemi Shereefar15 April 2014 at 15:17

    I love Dare's voice over Banky's anyday anywhere buh I think dey are both kings in their unque way. Dare got it more anyway

    ReplyDelete
  63. In his dreams, he's sooo proud.....mschewwwww...

    ReplyDelete
  64. The last time I checked. BANKY was making waves more than you Sir !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol pls sit down sir. It's not who makes waves more. Considering Nigerians and how they love mediocrity, the good ones don't do so well.

      It's just like saying Wizkid, Iceprince, M.I, Lynxx, Davido and Co. Are better and more talented than Brymo because they are making more "waves". Nigeria of today, only bullshiters and the untalented lots make waves.

      Delete
  65. In his dreams,he's sooo proud.....mschewwwww
    @Linda Ikeji it seems you select those who you post their comments because you hardly post mine *angry face*

    ReplyDelete
  66. I choose d bleachy bleachy guy

    ReplyDelete
  67. I prefer banky a 100 times to darey

    ReplyDelete
  68. There is no doubt about. Darey is the King

    ReplyDelete
  69. I AGREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    BANKY MAY SOUND BETTER, BUT DAREY KNOWS MUSIC!!!

    ReplyDelete
  70. See pride abeg...use to respect you but with dis running of mouth...it's a nah from me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lmaoooo eeyah and he doesn't need your respect oo. Shove your respect in your ass.

      Delete
  71. Before you start any Brouhaha...Dare and Banky are cousins.

    ReplyDelete
  72. Yup, tell them King Darey Art Alade.

    ReplyDelete
  73. Darey is amazing, but I don't like it when people blow their trumpet.

    ReplyDelete
  74. Abeg dem dey use d title collect money 4 ATM??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. abi oo, help me ask am.. Lwkmd

      Delete
  75. And these two are supposed to be cousins. It is well

    ReplyDelete
  76. Loool the shade. Even as cousins ? You for cover up for your fam now. Anyway na true en talk sha.

    ReplyDelete
  77. I choose the big head too

    ReplyDelete
  78. This darey is just ranting he is not the king of R and B. It is banky W. Is it cos of his conerts he wanna claim the title?? Mschewww or cos of few old songs he released?? I'm really anticipating his next move. Let's see if he would surprise us.. Cos as for me Banky W is the king of R and B.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Banky is the King of R&B in Nigeria ? Really ? And Nigeria wants to progress ? Banky king of R and B in the whole Nigeria...looooooool.

      Delete
  79. Mr Darey, I prefer King Banky Double-U. Yes oh yes!

    ReplyDelete
  80. Are you looking for a suger mummy or daddy please call dis line 08132333771 please be mature...

    ReplyDelete
  81. banky W rules...sori dare

    ReplyDelete
  82. In his dreams. King of RnB ko, ode.

    ReplyDelete
  83. I prefer Banky to you o Mr Boss

    ReplyDelete
  84. Lol.. So na drinking bar dem sign presh of kc presh! Hahahhahaa, prefer darey, though banky is his cousin

    ReplyDelete
  85. He's actually got a licking mouth.

    ReplyDelete
  86. Dey r talking abt d recent killings dese two idiots r here competing abt who is king of r&b n who is not. How I'm I supposed to care RUBBISH

    ReplyDelete
  87. Banky ni joor!

    ReplyDelete
  88. U want to be called a king on an album you're yet to release? Oh cme on... Ur ego makes it worse for me. Banky's my man any day... Besides u're not d guy I used to tink I knew...

    ReplyDelete
  89. Y is Capital.Femi of kennies music. The guy is good too

    ReplyDelete
  90. King Darey. Talk your talk, it's allowed. But again, what's understood doesn't have to be explained but I'm sure something led to the discussion.

    ReplyDelete
  91. I luv my banky anytym anyday....

    ReplyDelete
  92. Mr. Darey, a lil too cocky if i must say...

    Well pride goes before a nasty fall you might never recover from!

    Sad, just when i began to tag you "classy & music-focused", and then you had to go say this crap.

    ReplyDelete
  93. Yea darey ur gud! Bt Banky all the way mehn!!!

    ReplyDelete
  94. Darey, a poor man's Lionel Richie

    ReplyDelete
  95. Don't dare Darey coz if u dare him Banky will nt av any amount in his bank acct bt bank on handsomeness...haaha.jst making rhymes wt their names.i'm Adejayan.

    ReplyDelete
  96. I don't know about them but Faze is my king of RnB

    ReplyDelete
  97. Darey you can't choose yourself though.

    ReplyDelete
  98. Pride goes before a fall.

    ReplyDelete
  99. Who cares bout ur status in dah music industry....a bomb blast took place just sometime ago en dis is wat comes ta ur mind....yh...u don't care so far u safe en u didn't cause it...obviously...buh @least show some sympathy en respect for dah deceased.....pig brain

    ReplyDelete
  100. I am a huge fan of Darey's music and if he says he is the king of r&b, i totally agree!

    ReplyDelete
  101. A king don't need introduction mehn. Una hear banky argue with am? Smh pride indeed goes before a fall. Bare ko na dare park well stop living in ur fathers stead cos wiout d name he mistakenly made nobody wuda heard about d alade's talent don't need no introduction Bro. U better learn how to be humble before ur kids end up learning how to be bragats like u.

    ReplyDelete
  102. I'd really love 2 work as an OAP when d radio station is established.....my longtime dream will come true nd it will be me working for sum1 I adore

    ReplyDelete
  103. lol, you don miss road. Banky W is the king!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  104. SORRY 4 U DARE BUT YOU ARE NOT. I ACTUALLY DO NOT LIKE YOUR SONGS. YOUR SIDE PLS!

    ReplyDelete
  105. you guys dont know what you are talking about, the real king of r&b is Terry G

    ReplyDelete
  106. i dont wish to listen to ur music, but i have heard and seen some of Banky's songs, and quite liked the sound. nothing more. dnt even know the lyrics ni. dnt wanna either.


    but for u Darey....u shouldnt have come out to promote urself.

    my pipo have an adage...a good market sells itself...


    just close ur mouth and take the "backest" seat until ur called up.

    u sha are handsome.

    ReplyDelete
  107. LOL he is just advertising his "new material" where did this dude even come from? Like it or not Banky is King! Pay Homage and respect my dear so people may work with you coz that will be your only upgrade - many people including myself have never heard of you but we love Banky

    ReplyDelete
  108. Life is vanity... we all share a common destiny in death what matters most in life is how many lives we were able to touch and not how many titles we gather. People forgive darey cos he wudda done beta if he knew better. I sense an empty space in his heart but Let love fill dat space.. may God bless the souls of the departed. #abujaBombBlast

    ReplyDelete
  109. Life is vanity... we all share a common destiny in death what matters most in life is how many lives we were able to touch and not how many titles we gather. People forgive darey cos he wudda done beta if he knew better. I sense an empty space in his heart but Let love fill dat space.. may God bless the souls of the departed. #abujaBombBlast

    ReplyDelete

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed in comments are those of the comment writers alone and does not reflect or represent the views of Linda Ikeji.

Recent Posts