Robin Thicke and Paula Patton separate after 20 years together | Welcome to Linda Ikeji's Blog

LI_Mobile_Leaderboard_1

Monday, 24 February 2014

Robin Thicke and Paula Patton separate after 20 years together

I'm truly surprised by this. I mean, there have been reports and photos of the singer messing around with other women but I thought Paula was cool with it. The couple, who have been together for over 20 years and married for nine, announced their separation today to People magazine
'We will always love each other and be best friends, however, we have mutually decided to separate at this time,' they told People in a joint statement.
The 38 year old actress and Robin, 36, began dating when she was 18 and he was 16. They have a 3 year old son, Julian. Just recently Robin said of their relationship, "We're pretty sure we've loved each other for a few lives.". Anyone surprised by this separation? Kinda feel bad for them...

216 comments:

  1. I soooo saw dis coming

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to hear that....the guy is really disgusting....all he knows is to flirt,kiss and disgrace himself in public while his wife is at home...if he truly love his wife he wont be doing that....nice decision..



    Are you having problem with BBM version 8 on your Blackberry smartphone or having hanging or freezing problem with your Blackberry...no long story
    Get solution Here

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw that coming,she wasn't cool with his behaviour though she pretended to be.

    ~BONARIO~says so via NOKIA3310

    ReplyDelete
  4. Better for them..wat kinda marriage is dat? Mtchew..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is not news bcos every one knws that this is going to happen...... The relationship is so much fucked up that even when married, robin thick still flirt openly and paula patton engages in same act...... They didnt even show respect for their marriage....
    .
    .
    ***CURRENTLY IN THE SUN***

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. I feel horrible. Dang. Maybe it would have worked if they weren't celebrities and don't have their indiscretions on page 6 every other day. Oh well.

      Delete
    2. hmmmm! The man is fresh,nah dis type i dey like.

      Delete
    3. She was too good for him, I loved her in "jumping d broom"

      Delete
    4. Alotta Niggas were secretly wishing for this. #kevin hart. Hehe

      Delete
    5. Badoo of Ajegunle you are just a very stupid idiot with your silly comments always. Rejoicing at people mishar. Stupid idiot

      Delete
    6. Hi dearie ..me Ȋ̝̊̅ڪ stil feelin u lik mad. Muahhhh :)
      #Crush.com

      Delete
  7. A woman will neva be happy with her man messing around. And by the looks of their joint comment they sound confused....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really sad about this separation. Always thought it was so cute of them to have been together all this while.

      Delete
  8. WOW!!!can,t blive this,,they are so cool together

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sincerely they tried. 20yrs together, and married for 9 yrs! Woooow much beta than lots of celebs. Infact...Dem try well well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Celebrity worst marriage........ They dont even deserve each other... They took the best way.....
    .
    .
    ***CURRENTLY IN THE SUN***

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @edDreamzYou are a fool, cuz u av never kept a relationship dat has lasted even a year.. Idiot!!!

      Delete
    2. Mumu wat do u know?

      Delete
    3. Mumu wat do u know?

      Delete
  11. Really linda u never saw it coming?

    How many women can truely be kool with their husband messing with other women?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well, that's weird. Good for them.

    ReplyDelete
  13. But nna mehn, this paula patton is such a beauty...... Her smile is one million.... Some men are just lucky but they dont knw.....
    .
    .
    ***CURRENTLY IN THE SUN***

    ReplyDelete
  14. Too bad I love paula,so unfortunate they ended up this way, shes too good for Robin thicke A.k.a LADIES MAN!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Omg really sad. Like both of them together but robin jeez women no go gree make he rest . The all want a piece of him. Fine boy na wahala ooooo

    ReplyDelete
  16. Linda, could a lady be cool with seeing her man, HUSBAND for that matter, messing with oda women? Naaaaaaaaaa.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Men! Why cheat on your partner? It hurts, especially when u re loved.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sincerely they tried. 20yrs together, and married for 9 yrs! Woooow much beta than lots of celebs. Infact...Dem try well well.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Was this really a surprise? When you entertain infidelity/adultery/an open marriage, it was only a matter of time. These two obviously need Yeshua Ha Mashiach in their lives. Repent, and come under Him, as their banner in their marriage.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hmmm ow wud real husbands of Hollywood be lik now Paula tnk GOD u had d balls to do dix

    ReplyDelete
  21. They really looked perfect for each other,I just wonder why they will part ways after 20 long years ...am just pitying their cute son,he is the one going to suffer the most from his parents decission.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Noooo not my paula, can't believe they are separating please come back 2geda robin and paula love her crack voice oh my gosh

    ReplyDelete
  23. Awwwww 20yrs dts long ooo....sista linda bt ur amebo i swear na 16g lite oooo.....u dn pick up d gist sharpaly

    ReplyDelete
  24. im not suprised..it was about time..they were always messing around with other people so I did not see the point

    ReplyDelete
  25. im not suprised..it was about time..they were always messing around with other people so I did not see the point

    ReplyDelete
  26. Best frdz ma ass....diz madnx.hw could de do diz afta al d 3sum nd group bangin,I luv dem 2geda, *cryin* I ve 2 do 40dayz dry fastin so dey will b bck.paula ma ruv,ha!!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. It doesnt matter how long, but how well.Anyway they couldn't stand the heat

    ReplyDelete
  28. Felt same way too. How can a woman be happy with her man messing around. And by the looks of their joint comment they sound confused.


    Proof that Uti Nwachukwu is gay: caught in bed with Lagos big boy Photos HERE

    ReplyDelete
  29. I have been expecting this one for a while now. E remain Beyonce n jay.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Not surprised !

    ReplyDelete
  31. Happy divorce in advance...where's d parri at?

    ReplyDelete
  32. surprised ke? when I no even know them.

    Doctor Gaga™
    Location Report: White House, Washington D.C.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Nt surprised cos I saw it comin wth d whole partyn evrywik wth diff ladies....

    ReplyDelete
  34. before nko? the man will look for a woman that can hold him down. y would she let him get on like that ffs

    ReplyDelete
  35. Paula patton...lovely actress,didn't knw she was married to a douch bag like robin thicke....love ur acting anyway....especially in the movie "jumping the broom"......#stillinshock...GOODLUCK JONATHAN

    ReplyDelete
  36. omg nooooooooooo

    ReplyDelete
  37. i blame Robin Thicke...white man who is now getting famous and moving around with all them black guys...it's getting to him...all the sex and fame...

    ReplyDelete
  38. After 20 good years,una seperate,how come una stay 2geda dat long? Anyway both of them dunno wat they want(confused set of humanz).... Apinex

    ReplyDelete
  39. Whatever next pls... no be open marriage/relationship that they had before

    ReplyDelete
  40. Only a. Fuckard wld be surprised! Aw cn any woman be. Cool with her man flirting and sleeping with every woman regardless of open marriage.....TORRES

    ReplyDelete
  41. HM! OPEN MARRIAGE WAS'NT WORKING ANYMORE? TSK TSK.....

    ReplyDelete
  42. She will be off the market in a jiffy. He should know how many guys are dying for him to screw up so they can join that bandwagon.

    ReplyDelete
  43. It's obvious, that their stardom is on the rise cause for the better part of 20 years they were together they worked at been celebrity now they have arrived (known names) they don't need each other.
    My 2 cents

    ReplyDelete
  44. Robin u mess up.

    ReplyDelete
  45. The price of fame

    ReplyDelete
  46. Nothing lasts forever in Hollywood, soon the institution of marriage would no longer exist!!! Generation of bastards!! Inglorious bastards!!!!whizman

    ReplyDelete
  47. Dats y I always advise we celebrity meanin cebrity lyk me...nt to get maried to ourselfs

    ReplyDelete
  48. not surpirised one bit oooooooo...i still told my friend they'll divorce 2 days back.

    ReplyDelete
  49. Why wnt dey separate wen dirs was an open rship?! Mscheeeeew. "Farts"

    ReplyDelete
  50. He was 15 not 16 when they met and the son is 3 & half not three....and besides how can you THOUGHT she was okay with the messing around?? Name she tell you that one...hian.

    ReplyDelete
  51. Robin overplayed his hand. He took his lack of respect for his wife public. And she couldn't bear it.

    ReplyDelete
  52. I saw this coming.no lady can eva be cool wit her man messing around

    ReplyDelete
  53. Wow 20 yrs 2geder & married 4 9 yrs out of dat!!think it was d pressure of his renewed fame wit his hit song & d fact dat dey had an open marriage(stupid idea in d 1st place)sad really sad!

    ReplyDelete
  54. Truly Sad for them... they have come such a long way so why mess everything up now? I tire for these Hollywood peeps o!

    ReplyDelete
  55. Both of them are on cheap drugz

    ReplyDelete
  56. Liked the idea of them together
    Bad Break


    Kamto Haf Tok

    ReplyDelete
  57. Not surprised at all! Hollywood does that even to the best of marriages and the only way to escape it is to step back from the limelight. And who wouldn't expect it, especially with all the Robin Thicke mess in the media! That sh*t gets to you.

    ReplyDelete
  58. Divorce on the case of infidelity is allowed. Next story.. And please on the ONYX GODWIN case as earlier stated. Our team @ Anti-gay enforcement agency here in Lagos is willing to help anyone who has gay history as we have seminars and educational guides on how to becone transformed.. Let's fight against this satanic act as it is not in our African heritage. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  59. Come linda. Why you no wan tell us. About sochi.olympics.where people have sex. Any were.on the roads,in the restaurants,any where .it call sochi olympics.live sex.you don't. Need a room to do it.or you no like sex.

    ReplyDelete
  60. "They will b lost without each other", too bad they had to part ways after having lived their lives together for dat long... But Robin can b singing all those emotional songs and still b measing round, Robin practice wat u preach "Lost without you"

    ReplyDelete
  61. Nothing ever last forever

    ReplyDelete
  62. Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah this calls for celebration!! Another Reason To Pop Champagne..

    .
    .
    .
    ..[EMI O TUSH OH]
    .
    .
    .
    .JUST
    .
    .
    .
    [Mischevious And Naughty]
    >>My Comment Moderation Disabled<<

    ReplyDelete
  63. Awwwww..they look so Cute together

    ReplyDelete
  64. it seems celebrities are now in the season of defection. separation and what again? hmmm
    ...#NewsBlist

    ReplyDelete
  65. Kevin Hart over to you... wish them the best hopefully this might make Robin sing another version of "Lost Without You"

    ReplyDelete
  66. nt api hearin diz

    ReplyDelete
  67. Awwwww! Yh I really do feel bad abt deir separatn

    ReplyDelete
  68. I truly did love them...they were the ideal hollywood couple. Will miss seeing them together

    ReplyDelete
  69. One word- Miley Cyrus!

    ReplyDelete
  70. They try shah.It's not easy for celebs to live 2geda.

    ReplyDelete
  71. Finally,i stand a chance. Hehehehehe. I can dream shey? Started crushing on him when i saw him on #Kevinhart's real husbands of hollywood. Newaiz they'll eventually work it out. If not,its a win win situation. The babe is hawt and very much marketable. She'd score herself a good man.

    ReplyDelete
  72. Linda, don't you have news on couple who are happy and have grown old together, stop putting fears in the minds of gentlemen and ladies joor..use your blog to teach people how to make their marriage or relationship work; not frighten them up.

    ReplyDelete
  73. Me and my babe argued about this forth night ago, I told her this relationship may end soon...

    ReplyDelete
  74. Surprised??? I saw dis one coming cos robin has overstepped a long time ago. It was long overdue happy separation Paula

    ReplyDelete
  75. Awon Stephen Oshi25 February 2014 at 06:25

    Not bad. Open relationships must be the way forward because they lasted way longer than normal couples.

    ReplyDelete
  76. For the first time I ‎​​A̶̲̥̅♏ feeling pained by a break up/separation...pls these two shud stay together,I like them that way! Mtschew,vexed!

    ReplyDelete
  77. They looked happy together,but this is Hollywood where anything can happen.

    ReplyDelete
  78. In Hollywood no surprises.

    La'Veee!

    ReplyDelete
  79. That's wat an open marriage can do to a rshp
    ~D great anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  80. Too much fame causes separation. His blurred lines made him so recognized n she's been doing alotta movies lately. Both of dem feeling they wanna test waters now.

    ReplyDelete
  81. With Robin recent paparazzi ? It sure was long time coming ....i wish em all the best

    #daveydave

    ReplyDelete
  82. They sure had their reasons!

    ReplyDelete
  83. Awww, I love this chic. Eya, I wish her the best. I don't feel sorry for the guy, he is so randy. She try sef.

    ReplyDelete
  84. I don't understand why everyone is saying celebrity marriage don't last? What's the difference between them and the average person who is not a celebrity? All over the world marriages won't last anymore. Get it into your head. Our generation is the new DIVORCE era. Marriages won't last anymore up to 30years. Infact 5years na LUCK

    Essential matter this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  85. Yeah from their youthful days till nw shaa una try where is d seperation party holding

    ReplyDelete
  86. We will always love each oda bla bla bla if I hear.

    ReplyDelete
  87. They said they'll alwayz luv each other, if true then y separate?

    ReplyDelete
  88. So sad. Must they always separate? Whatever happens to forgiveness, kissing and making up? Then they'll release that foolish statement of loving and being friends. Mwiuuuuup!

    ReplyDelete
  89. OMG!!! They were my favourite celeb couple :(

    ReplyDelete
  90. Hmmm shit happens...on to the next one...life's too short...

    ReplyDelete
  91. Y shld I feel bad?they even tried sef.

    ReplyDelete
  92. Why?Why?Why oh why?! Bt if de feel dats best 4 dem,wats my own inside d matter? Bt I think d best for all dese celebs is to marry a non celeb,d union wil sure last longer aldo its nt a guarantee esp if de mess around openly..................VivOtex

    ReplyDelete
  93. Wow! I am so shocked! They love each other anyone can tell.eya! Wish they can reconcile

    ReplyDelete
  94. Robin has been flirting everywhere..... and i think the one that spoilt everything was with that 20year old girl
    it gets served this way

    ReplyDelete
  95. Lol always knew all that "I don't care I love and trust"my man atittude is all BS!she's human she can't be cool with all that ass grabbing etc..well I kinda don't feel bad,its more like I told you so!hahaha sue me ;)

    ReplyDelete
  96. she even fine pass him sef. she has no worries. sure there is a long line of men waitin

    ReplyDelete
  97. Nkitalas celebrities are the worst people on earth

    ReplyDelete
  98. Nkitalas celebrities are the worst people on earth

    ReplyDelete
  99. I'm nt happy @ all.I luved dem 2geda.so sad

    ReplyDelete
  100. Are you kidding me?
    I'm perplexed!!!
    Thought they were too cool to separate.

    ReplyDelete
  101. Its cos of them blurred lines. Robbie is lost. Hope he will c clear now!

    ReplyDelete
  102. Wow!!! Guess the love finally faded....so sad that marriages these days don't last. But by Hollywood standards, they really tried! However I kinda wished they tried harder.

    ReplyDelete
  103. Not surprised at all.

    ReplyDelete
  104. I wonder how this pple find it very easy let go of some1 they love...smh.all they say is that they want to be happy...it's well

    ReplyDelete
  105. I'm Surprised ooo!! Shuuuu! All dis pple sef

    ReplyDelete
  106. I wonder how this pple find it very easy let go of some1 they love...smh.all they say is that they want to be happy...it's well

    ReplyDelete
  107. Really surprised....thought they were awesome together....Paula is hot though

    ReplyDelete
  108. Knew it was gonna happen, with all d women flockin arnd Robin

    ReplyDelete
  109. Hmmmm..na wa oh.afta so many years,how do dey both begin????pracTically dating frm childhood. N nw u av issues.cudnt dey work tins out?

    ReplyDelete
  110. *Eyaaaaaaa, 20yrs of being together en 9 yrs of marriage..its not easy though..dey really tried. Wish dem d best*
    Asa Julie UC

    ReplyDelete
  111. Robin! Paula! Una no gree dey well abi?

    -Blunt Ibo boy-

    ReplyDelete
  112. Pretty couple! Why the separation? Looking @ you both, your marital life should be excellent.

    ReplyDelete
  113. Linda no woman will be cool with her man messing around with other women, the man no dey try at all.

    ReplyDelete
  114. I am not surprised. With the way Robin was behaving, it was only a matter of time. I mean, open relationship or not, he should have at least, been discreet with his ashawo behavior. Paula might have been cool with it initially but I guess she's finally had enough. She can find someone better!! **kween**

    ReplyDelete
  115. Eyaaaaaaaa , why na ?

    ReplyDelete
  116. Awww d guy should come my way, he's cute n d lady to bona's way.

    ReplyDelete
  117. Am sure dat hollywood short dude would be smiling now dat he can have paula.

    ReplyDelete
  118. But linda why are u suprised.wen they began doing this open relationship tyn I knew somtyn will soon go wrong.no matter how free they are with eachoda in their relationships somtyn will go wrong.they need d seperation though nd den they can. Decide if they want to stay together or split.

    ReplyDelete
  119. Robin thicke is a very handsome man,d guy looks so cute so what does she expect,its not his fault cos ladies r d ones running after ur hubby so u r very stupid 4 divorcing ur husband,women will neva learn

    ReplyDelete
  120. OMG!!! They seemed like the perfect couple...sad

    ReplyDelete
  121. Trust me, he'll be back. Paula Patton is too beautiful for words!

    ReplyDelete
  122. this is good news for kevin hart

    ReplyDelete
  123. Everybody wanting to be on their own hmmm, bible is fulfilling it prophecy

    ReplyDelete
  124. no surprise here. no woman can be truly happy seeing her man groping other women especially in public. such disrespect!

    ReplyDelete
  125. They rilly look good 2geda....but it gets to a point u can't bear some things anymore no matter how hard u try..20years they rilly tried

    ReplyDelete
  126. OMG crying my eyes out....... Luv them both

    ReplyDelete
  127. Why should i be surprised? Do you really think there's anything like an open marriage? There's no such thing like it my dear. Love in itself is JEALOUS. It is only when you dont love somebody dat you'll be prepared to share him or her with other people. Nobody wants to sit and watch his or her partner mess up with another person most especially before the whole world.
    If a woman finds out her husband is cheating but does not know the person, she will be pained but will still remain in her husband's house. Trouble starts when she put a face to the other girls name. The mind has a way of controlling our emotions.

    ReplyDelete
  128. How can you be surprised? It is Hollyweird. I wonder if she will now play fully for her team.

    ReplyDelete
  129. Oooooh! What a sad sorry, they look so good together! OMG!!

    ReplyDelete
  130. Why nah I love dem together n robie is a good singer, but dis separation is not real, cos they said they loved each other so one day they will defo come back

    ReplyDelete
  131. They tried together buh they are not suppose to separate cos they can still make it work if they want to! All the Best in their separate ways.....

    ReplyDelete
  132. Not surprised one bit! They look good together but not meant to be together till death. I've gat love for Robin but come on, wha' kinda man goes around flirting with other women regardless of whether their marriage is open or close? Tot Will and jada share d same school of thought but none of 'em go about flirting and flaunting nah. Paula deserves berra.

    ReplyDelete
  133. Yeah it's been a long time coming....not surprised at all.

    ReplyDelete
  134. M shocked dey looked perfect 2geda...I pray d seperation doesn't last

    ReplyDelete
  135. I'm very surprised and pained too! Regardless of Robin's stunts, they had a pretty good relationship. Hollywood and its surprises

    ReplyDelete
  136. How are u surprised for goodness sake? He was messing around how long do you think she could put up the "we cool like that façade"
    abegi

    ReplyDelete
  137. It's an urban myth for women to genuinely look away from their husband's escapeds with other women ... #Smartclown

    ReplyDelete
  138. Truth is, it was never going to work being more of friends with benefits!! Eventually! And this is coming from one who has experienced this

    Capt Planet

    ReplyDelete
  139. it all started from a twerk by miley cyrus

    ReplyDelete
  140. Mschewww. Success can cause failed relationships sha. All dis while wen he looked like white trash b4 blurred lines wen he was Δ one hit wonder they were together o. One platinum album and he thinks he's d king of the world. BS. Good riddance. He's an old pervert anyways. Paula is facking hot so she'll even rebound before he has time to hook up wiv anoda call girl. Shikena.

    ReplyDelete
  141. I knew it wld happen wen he was twerking with miley.

    ReplyDelete
  142. Not surprised.... We saw that a mile(y) away.....!! Paula hun,you should hv waited for additional one year....10yrs is a big figure for spousal support, mr blurred lines would hv paid through hs teeths....And am happy for their seperation,she deserve an upgrade...#cheezyjayne

    ReplyDelete
  143. I loved dis couple oh...*sad face*

    ReplyDelete
  144. Come baby, come to maama.. yur arm is all I've been yearning for.

    ReplyDelete
  145. Well linda! Not really u kw I told u b4 they wr in an "open-relationship" #anyone can go out and blow# but the truth is no matter how civilised u may claim 2 be,it gets to a time u just get tired and wana really 4get civil nd speak ur mind.....am very sure the woman asked for divorse

    ReplyDelete
  146. Hmmmn! Though I didn't see this coming, but that marriage was just something else, I think paula is done lieing to her self, pretending she's not hurt when he's messing around, worst thing to do is to act like she was cool with those, sticking around a man for all those years, you're bound to feel hurt, deeply hurt, I guess that's as far as the deceit can go.

    ReplyDelete
  147. ℓ̊ have always said dis ....God gave oyibos almost everytin but took away relationship and marital endurance from "em ......
    Na dt part Africans come be ogbonge ...u go dey hear .."join us as we celebrate 50yrs of marital bliss......Jenifa Lopez would see such and shout, "are u freaking kidding me ?....
    #umu Africa na - enwe endurance jaree

    ReplyDelete
  148. Are you kidding me? My girlfriend and I just commended them few weeks ago on how the have kept their marriage...sad!

    ReplyDelete
  149. well there is still hope... separation not divorce thank God. sometimes separation is needed in a relationship

    ReplyDelete
  150. That's what happens when couples tries to act smart in their relationship and calls it"open marriage"

    ReplyDelete
  151. D woman try sef, I mean check out thicke's videos

    ReplyDelete
  152. I saw it coming! Even wit the open marraiage tin Robin's own was too muc! No woman can be cool wit her man grabbin assets around.

    ReplyDelete
  153. why wont they seperate? When the guy luv women that wears panties and bra, he cn neva do without a woman, but y seperating now? Didt she knw bfore she agree to marry him? Ashi ashawo

    ReplyDelete
  154. Aaaaw... I'm pretty sure dese 2 love each other unconditionally, dey probably wanna try new things after 20yrs togeda

    ReplyDelete
  155. Nawa
    Ds celebs,making marriage scary
    Convent and seminary shld be the way forward.....hehehehe

    ReplyDelete
  156. HaPpy dats girl left him juz hope he will cum back to his stupid senses...wetin dey do dis celebs sef..need new friends 24C75894

    ReplyDelete

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed in comments are those of the comment writers alone and does not reflect or represent the views of Linda Ikeji.

Recent Posts