Motivational blogger Karyn Washington commits suicide, aged 22 | Welcome to Linda Ikeji's Blog

LI_Mobile_Leaderboard_1

Monday, 14 April 2014

Motivational blogger Karyn Washington commits suicide, aged 22

Karyn Washington, the young beautiful lady who founded the blog For Brown Girls has committed suicide. Karyn killed herself at her home on April 8th. She was just 22.

Her friends say the popular blogger, who founded the blog three years ago to 'celebrate the beauty of dark skin while combatting colorism and promoting self love', suffered from depression and mental illness for many months before taking her life. Friends say the depression started after she lost her mum to cancer in 2013.

Karyn, who motivated thousands everyday through her blog, never shared her problems with her fans and readers, who were most shocked when news of her death hit headlines. Continue...



Blogger Ty Alexander wrote on his blog
"I wanna pout for a few minutes. I wanna bubble-snot cry. I wish someone had told Karyn Washington that she didn’t have to be strong. She didn’t have to hold the world’s glaring eyes on her shoulders. That asking for help was ok. No matter how you ask for it, it’s ok. People say all the time, You’re so strong! That’s so far from the truth. I AM WEAK!!! I think that’s what has gotten me through. I don’t judge myself for bursting into tears in the middle of a meeting. I don’t judge myself for eating the entire pint of butter pecan ice cream (although I just signed up for Crunch)! And I cannot judge myself for not being able to save Karyn."
Karyn spread words of hope to thousands of women everyday. Messages such as this one, which she shared last year while watching her mother deteriorate from cancer:
"I am empowered by other strong women and girls. Even by those who don’t necessarily know they are inspiring. Women who are doing what they can to uplift others around them and make a difference in their community motivate me to do the same. I think it is so important for women no matter what complexion, race, or religious background to be united in making sure our voices are heard — that we are being leaders and positive role models to the younger generation."
May her soul rest in peace, Amen.

173 comments:

  1. She is not even pretty and still commited suicide? #DoubleCrime

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haba! Don't be mean. Life is life

      Delete
    2. U are a fool for saying this. Please show ur ugly face. Probably she met idiots like you that depressed her. The chic of u!!!

      Delete
    3. Sme1 is dead here,plz. U dnt need 2b mean.

      Delete
    4. R u dat fucking stupid. Whats her beauty got to do wit all dis. Fucking dumb retard

      Delete
    5. Oh my Lord! Anonymous 10.18pm!!!! That's such a mean statement. That's such a mean and insensitive stament.

      Delete
    6. Can you possibly get dumber than this?

      Delete
    7. @ anon 10:18pm may God forgive you

      Delete
    8. U r just daft!

      Delete
    9. you must be high on cheap drugs, how can you talk about the dead in a disgusting manner,if you dont know how to comment the word'RIP' just shut da fuck up

      Delete
    10. How stupid and insensitv can u be? Wat do u knw bout beauty? You beast.

      Delete
    11. U are a fool,some1 committed suicide nd all u cud talk abt is beauty,smh I wonder y linda post some comments!!! Dumbhead

      Delete
    12. U are so stupid for saying dat. .. we talking abt her death nd u talking abt beauty

      Delete
    13. Dat imbecilic 1st to comment, u are so dumb dat it brks my hrt 4 ur family! 2 start with, u cnt b half as beautiful as her, dis 1 no fyn reach 4 ur eyes? When dey are calling "oloriburuku daaa" u shld jst be shouting "emi re" cos dat's wat u are! Nuisance oshi! Omo ale jati jati

      Delete
    14. Dat imbecilic 1st to comment, u are so dumb dat it brks my hrt 4 ur family! 2 start with, u cnt b half as beautiful as her, dis 1 no fyn reach 4 ur eyes? When dey are calling "oloriburuku daaa" u shld jst be shouting "emi re" cos dat's wat u are! Nuisance oshi! Omo ale jati jati

      Delete
    15. The biggest idiot I've come across to date is the 1st thing that commented. You are clearly not human. Devil's advocate!!

      Delete
    16. Nooo u didn't just say that!!!! Like can pole b ds stupid!!!! The Devil surely dwells in u...some animals don't deserve access to internet...hainnn!!!Oloshi were! Stupid fool.. How can u even think of such a thing! Linda plss I kno its too much for u like al ds type of comments shouldn't be approved..dayummm

      Delete
    17. some people dont deserve life. A person commits suicide and all you can say is shes not even pretty? such evil.

      Delete
    18. U re evil, stupid and an idiot. Foolish ugly beast. I pray u don't commit suicide too.

      Delete
    19. Lmaaoo!! Dude u are u right its double crime I tell u!

      Delete
    20. @anon 10:18 u've said nuffin wrong jare...jst bunch of frustrated individual tryin 2 take out deir anger on u..dey probably had a rough day...its jst absolutely wrong 2 take ur own life..dats straight hell so wat consolation do u intend 2 give?harsh realities deal wit it

      Delete
    21. Ha ah. This anonymous u r very mad o. Schewww u must be as ugly as an orangutan. Very dumb comment. Get a life you moron. Thunder fire your left nyash.

      Delete
  2. whu naaaa. may her soul rest in peace. AMEN.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its jst been sad sad news all day. Rip karyn..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eyah..RIP Karyn!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a monumental loss! Not everybody has the strength to handle depression so well I guess.And TY Alex is so right,being strong is easier to say than act it.Too many people carrying burdens that are supposed to be shared.I hope she's found the peace she was looking for.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Na lie,it must be heart break matter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fool, all is depression! Enlighten urself! U jst comment stupidly always!

      Delete
    2. Funminista, why r u saying its a lie? I guess u don't know how it feels 2 lose a loved one especially a mom? I also lost my beautiful young Mom (God rest Her Soul) to cancer in October last year and I don't think I'll ever get over the emotional trauma and heartbreak her passing has caused me! I am super depressed ryt now and I've tot of committing suicide several times but wen I think of my poor dad and my 2 older siblings (I'm d last), I develop cold feet. I've had counselling from alotta pple like my Rev.Father, a Pastor frnd, doctors etc but it doesn't work. I cry every morning as soon as I wake up to reality and my new status- a motherless child. I'm still in shock n disbelief and I still nurture d tot of taking my life as I see my Mom EVERY night in my dreams and I can't wait to be in her arms once again, soon. Life is no longer worth living for me...my world is now a living hell since October 2013 and I've since lost my faith in God. I now question God's existence and also d existence of Heaven and hell.....Truly, I understand wat Karyn must hav gone thru cos her shoes fit me perfectly now, poor girl. May her pitiful soul rest in peace, Amen...Linda pls post dis, tnx

      Delete
    3. I pray that God will comfort and give you reasons to be happy again. I also lost my dad to cancer last year just four months after having his first grandchild. I know he's now at rest and peace. He went through a lot of pain and agony. God is unquestionable and i find solace in the fact that he left a good pathway for us his children to follow. He was the best dad. Love him forever.

      Delete
  7. heo..... poor girl ayaa... i really pity her. only God knows what the black community in America are suffering.

    ReplyDelete
  8. *sighs*...sad,d rate of suicide is on d rise

    ReplyDelete
  9. Eyaaa.Resquescant In pace!

    ReplyDelete
  10. May her soul rest in peace #bright bravo#

    ReplyDelete
  11. May ur soul rest in peace my darling,till we meet 2 part no more.@ Ebony

    ReplyDelete
  12. May her soul rest in peace


    Your comment will be visible after approval

    ReplyDelete
  13. RIP Dear. My ex always told me that I am strong even when I am in dire need of help. Thank God I am still alive and well!

    ReplyDelete
  14. depression is a very big disease,it kills even faster than aids,if one dosnt take time,chai! So sad Rip dear.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ewwooo beautiful browny why u kill urself anyway R.I.P hope God ll 4gv u cos suicide is a sin, u dnt take ur life cos u neva created 1 life

    ReplyDelete
  16. RIP






    #milito da great#

    ReplyDelete
  17. My dear rest in peace

    ReplyDelete
  18. May her soul rest in peace

    ~BONARIO~says so via NOKIA3310

    ReplyDelete
  19. Dats y u linda should always share ur problem too. No matter d insults u myt get, der'd still be some good responses

    PURPLE

    ReplyDelete
  20. What on earth would cause someone to commeit suicide when there are better days ahead..

    ReplyDelete
  21. I didn't know about her blog but I am saddened to see her light extinguished so soon. Tragic.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Owk,wish u safe trip 2 Hell Fire!!!!! People shuld know dat suicide is not an Option!!!!! God

    ReplyDelete
  23. If i had her strength. Im not as strong as her I'd be resting as she is right now.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I stay strong n smiling until I feel so weak, drained.

    ReplyDelete
  25. may ur beautiful soul rest in peace young karyn

    ReplyDelete
  26. No one sees the hurt the self doubt the fear.

    ReplyDelete
  27. May her soul rest in peace,Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  28. If I had ur strength karyn i'd be in peace just as u are. Its too lonly n dark here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stay strong, it's not going to rain forever. God loves u

      Delete
    2. Pls be strong God is ur strength suicide will never solve the problem... I hope u find help soonest

      Delete
  29. RIP... Linda you done hear! if you have problem share with your bloggers.

    ReplyDelete
  30. She woildnt hv done this if she s in a relationship. Loneliness is a bastard. Most women let their ego take over them.
    Queen latifah suffered from depression wen she lost her brother. But she got over it after fallin in love.

    ReplyDelete
  31. She wouldn't hv done this if she s in a relationship. Loneliness is a bastard. Most women let their ego take over them.
    Queen latifah suffered from depression wen she lost her brother. But she got over it after fallin in love.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Fix yourself first,before u fix other people. The conquence of trying to be a hero when u are broken inside. RIP

    ReplyDelete
  33. She should have known that suicide ιƨ Just a flash in the pan. Its needless. RIP.

    ReplyDelete
  34. God ! Bless her soul ! Karyn, Rest in Peace with the Lord.

    I hope you useless religious freaks will not start condeming her soul to una so called Hell.

    ReplyDelete
  35. I lost my mum too to cancer last year so I know that feeling. Talking about it with someone has helped me stand. we don't always have to act strong. Rip dear. To know that you helped others stand and then this just makes me sad.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Gosh!! I need to give my life to christ o the world is.comin to an end RIP dear

    ReplyDelete
  37. RIP. If u are down talk to some1 it helps

    ReplyDelete
  38. She committed suicide and here are my naija fellas who died frm bomb blast, life is really unfair..... God, no bring wetin go pass me abeg...
    .
    .
    .
    ***CURRENTLY IN JUPITER***

    ReplyDelete
  39. Linda u no try o...na so so bad news u just dy give us today....sad story

    ReplyDelete
  40. At just 22 she has achieved all this plus she is really beautifull..... Slp well gal...
    .
    .
    .
    ***CURRENTLY IN JUPITER***

    ReplyDelete
  41. This is quite sad. Words fail to express how I feel at the sight of this news......

    ReplyDelete
  42. So sad, losing your loved ones can be so depressing, I lost my Dad few days ago to cancer ever since then life hasn't been the same, I'm alwaz aving negative thoughts and each time I do, I start praying to God to remove those thoughts. I make sure that am never alone. Loneliness could have caused it. It so disheartening to read news like this. May God help us all

    ReplyDelete
  43. And I just shed tears..God resr ur soul dear..I hope u find peace.

    ReplyDelete
  44. What a story...it. Sadden my hrt...to hear dat such a talented young woman culd just take her own life like dat....may her soul rest in peace amen....

    ReplyDelete
  45. Ironic isn't it? A motivator who couldn't motivate herself. Rest her soul.

    ReplyDelete
  46. Rest in peace karyn, depression is not a good thing @ al, God help us cos am going through a lot rite now and it's only God that can see me through this phase.

    ReplyDelete
  47. So young n biutiful.may she rest well

    ReplyDelete
  48. It is really depressing to watch your loved one waste away day by day due to cancer. How i wish she sought for help. I agree, you don't have to put up a strong front, just lay it out as it is.

    ReplyDelete
  49. Committing suicide is an unfortunate but preventable situation. You'll be amazed how many people out there have suicidal ideations and make attempts, for very flimsy reasons e.g a 16 year old girl that drank insecticide because she was said to be spanked verbally by her mum for not passing WAEC. We lost her. Discuss your issues with friends or experts. Suicide is a lousy way out.

    ReplyDelete
  50. Linda I hope you learn from this

    ReplyDelete
  51. may she rest in peace

    ReplyDelete
  52. Rest In Peace Karyn

    ReplyDelete
  53. This is so sad. Ask for help when in need! we should also be sensitive to our family and friends emotionally, they will show the signs when things are not right!

    ReplyDelete
  54. So painfull may your soul rest in perfect peace

    ReplyDelete
  55. The rate at which suicide is being commited these days is really alarming. Once you snuff out your very own life, you will never rest in peace.

    ReplyDelete
  56. No matter how meaningful or impactful your life had been, suicide is a sin and there's no repentance in the grave.

    ReplyDelete
  57. girl you don't have the right to take your life because you don't own your life

    ReplyDelete
  58. she's so beautiful tho! May Her soul rest in peace, Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  59. If only pple undstn d spiritual implications of committing suicide they will stay clear suicide. No problem is too big to overcome, suicide is never d way out you only tire urself down in d spiritual. Sweet anonymous.















    guy uploads nak£d photos of his cheating girlfriend on bbm (see photos)

    ReplyDelete
  60. Linda, i get where she's coming from cos am there now.. ever since I left Nigeria to Canada my life has never been the same, I act strong in front of my family and friends but deep down am weak, i always feel I can only find peace when I finally rest, I know my mum will be broken if I go, but it just keep getting worse, am scared of seeking for help cos I don't wanna be labeled as one with a mental illness, am just tired

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What is the reasonmy dear... can you add me up 24cb5b9e... will sharw some bible passages with you

      Delete
    2. Pls seek for help, forget about the labelling(I know it's not very easy). It's a phase and it's either you overcome it or get drowned. Pls refuse to be drowned, there are better days ahead. It can and will definitely get better.

      Delete
    3. Please, open up to someone; ur mummy or a friend.

      Delete
  61. What a lost, why do u take your own life na, anyway may your soul rest in peace

    ReplyDelete
  62. May she rest in peace.

    ReplyDelete
  63. This is sad. She's young and beautiful. She looks so promising too. V. Bad news ..


    CoolDiva speaks

    ReplyDelete
  64. RIP, Karyn.

    =========

    She may have been wrongly labeled, defamed and smeared. She may not have depression or mental illness or whatever.

    The authorities need to properly investigate her death. Something / someone may have pushed her to the edge.

    ReplyDelete
  65. WOW, SO YOUNG. R.I.P M'DEAR.

    ReplyDelete
  66. Amen. Asking for help is always the best option but not so many people do it. I lost my lecturer in school earlier this year only for corps to see his laptop showing symptoms of heart attack. If only he had asked for help maybe he will still be alive today. People should learn to always speak up, it doesn't hurt to.

    ReplyDelete
  67. Depression is a very serious psychiatric illness! God help us!

    ReplyDelete
  68. Awwww so sad,such a promising lady...May her soul RIP

    ReplyDelete
  69. fine girl why did u choose suicide nw where will u spend enternity heaven or hell

    ReplyDelete
  70. Take note Linda

    ReplyDelete
  71. She motivated others, but couldn't motivate herself, dats too bad...

    ReplyDelete
  72. Very sad. Maybe we will need to start creating bipolar depression awareness.

    ReplyDelete
  73. Depression is the worse thing that can happen to anybody..We need to keep a close look at our beloved ones especially those who lost someone they love or lost in business or career...Don't know what else to say.

    ReplyDelete
  74. U guys shd bera stop yabbing Lindz so she won't b depressed
    ~D great anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  75. Oh God why na!! Sucide has nw become order of the day for youths!!

    ~~Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  76. Be strong but be yourself... Don't be who you are not; our so-called celebs that claim to own heaven n earth, whereas, they don't have shishi, sick but keep denying it; I pray they don't contemplate suicide when they can't keep up with their lies...

    May Karyn's young soul RIP. Amen


    * My R1.50c comment *

    ReplyDelete
  77. So sad! May her soul rest in peace!!

    ReplyDelete
  78. Depression kills mehn! People shld learn to voice out and open up...Frm my Christian doctrine, suicide is a one way ticket to hell. No one shld even think abt it. There are abt a thousand and one reasons to b alive. Give a hand today to someone, a lean on ur shoulders and a smile always. U just nevr knw who needs it...#1luv

    ReplyDelete
  79. Why nau?? Such a beautiful girl! Hmmm

    ReplyDelete
  80. Poor thing! But she shouldn't have taken her life. Oh dear! Mo-1.

    ReplyDelete
  81. Funny how its a whole lot easier to encourage others and not ones self.. I've been to that lowest point where i even contempulated suicide... Its God's grace that helps one...

    ReplyDelete
  82. Now this is sad! RIP dear girl, heaven has gained another angel. May you have God's eternal peace. Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  83. She wanted to meet her mum. Depression is the new demon of our times in the developed world. Epidemic of how many people are on road and all manner of anti depressants

    ReplyDelete
  84. R â„“̊ P dear

    ReplyDelete
  85. Which peace will she rest in, after committing suicide?

    ReplyDelete
  86. Linda dear, i do hope you will be able to tell us when anything is bugging u.....remember we love u.


    may her soul rip

    ReplyDelete
  87. Ts not OK to always seem strong ,ts OK to cry sometimes ,it only makes me better and more receptive.... RIP poor Karyn.. I wish I cud tell u how much living & holding on meant! Death has neva been worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  88. Such a smart nd intelligent girl...sucide is nt d best dear..RIP

    ReplyDelete
  89. na wa ooh! sad news everywhere. thank God the way i was brought up. no matter what happens, i cant take my life.

    my life is a special gift from God, I have learn to live everyday of my life with thanksgiving, no matter the condition. may her soul RIP.

    via official intercom

    ReplyDelete
  90. So sad... May her soul RIP...

    ReplyDelete
  91. Dis girl no try at all wat wuld she tell GOD nw her mother wuldnt ve wanted dis 4 her at all*sad* may her soul rest in peace Amen

    ReplyDelete
  92. Only She and her God knows what she must have passed through that made her take such drastic decision to take her own life.. May her soul rest in peace Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  93. Depression kills...if it coms to u, pls speak out. I like d statement..''asking for help doesnt mean u are weak"

    ReplyDelete
  94. Rest in peace Girl,but u didn't ve 2 take ur life. All d probems in d world put 2geda is nt worth our lives. Depression is a life robber.
    $$k@y$$

    ReplyDelete
  95. Linda plz share ur problems. Bcos I don't want to hear u commit Su....e. God forbid. I love u lindodo

    ReplyDelete
  96. I absolutely feel nothing for this loss.Her committing suicide, has rendered all her "hard work and motivational ish" useless. Regardless of what she was going through, suicide is a weaklings exit strategy. The Chief Whip.

    ReplyDelete
  97. Why oh why? Why will she do that?

    ReplyDelete
  98. All these suicide of a thing, what is the big deal in it sef! So taking your own life is the solution eh!!! RIP.

    ReplyDelete
  99. Why on earth would she take her own life?its crazy ,may her soul rest in peace amen.

    ReplyDelete
  100. So unfortunate!. A motivator could'nt be motivated. It's only God who can grant true peace. RIP.

    ReplyDelete
  101. Rip loveyy buh suicide waz nt d ansa...

    ReplyDelete
  102. irony of life....she was motivating people but couldnt motivate herself

    ReplyDelete
  103. Very sad may her soul rest in peace Amen

    ReplyDelete
  104. What a beauty, this is really sad but suicide is not d way, whoever is going through such situations voice out, talk to someone,ur family, a friend, a pastor, dont be ashamed to talk about ur problem, it ain't easy but its better talking about it than commiting suicide, suicide is a sin and u wont like what u see dere, and people should also welcome this pple, never be too busy for them,cos depressed pple always wanna be around someone sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  105. For lib readers who responded in a way that seems like theyve considered r considering suicide. I beg u, talk to someone today. This girl is already gone but you r still here. Please never think suicide an option

    ReplyDelete
  106. May her soul rest in perfect peace.. and for all those who are going through depression, say something and ask for help because we are only human

    ReplyDelete
  107. but when you get sad and depressed and contemplate taking your life think of all the good things going on in your life...you have food to eat and cloths to wear and water to drink and a roof over your head... you have friends who care and even if u don't you have legs to walk out there and make some.... there are millions of people who have no one to care for them or give them food and have nowhere to rest their head but they haven't even contemplated suicide yet...suicide is never the answer...May her Soul Rest in perfect peace.

    ReplyDelete
  108. Linda never conceal ur problem, if u ave any share with ur fanz, dey can be a fixer u...

    ReplyDelete
  109. @anony April 14, 2014 at 10:18 PM r u for real?someone commit suicide cos of depression and u r talking about beauty who the f**k r you? f**k u for that

    ReplyDelete
  110. AnonymousApril 15, 2014 at 2:36 AM
    I am in Canada too and I can tell you the country can be very depressing cause of the keep to yourself mentality of the people . I can help you get through this . Find me on twitter @femishine Linda post this

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As innn I second DAT...ds country pple so kno how to keep to themselves eh...seriously minding their business I don't even kno my neighbors lol yh its DAT bad... Nd then every other person I kno probably work double shift and come weekend all u can do is ur grocery and laundry and getn ready for the week ahead...its that bad...like I miss home all ma good frds r back home.....may me and depression never cross path in life sigh...she was a beautiful soul...

      Delete
  111. cAN YOU TEACH SOMEONE TO BE STRONG
    COS I SO CONFIDENT AND SO STRONG (NO ONE CAN BREAK ME) AND IT HURTS ME TO SEE WHEN BEAUTIFUL SISTAS ARE SO WEAK, I HAVE A FRIEND LIKE THAT, i WANT TO TEACH HER TO BE STRONG BUT DONT KNOW HOW, SHE KEEPS SAYING ":NOT EVERY ONE IS AS STRONG AS YOU"

    HOW DO YOU TEACH ONE. ???

    ReplyDelete
  112. depression?,i ve bin dere and i came out strong.or wot is more depresin dan bein born poor,grew up bein laughed at by frnds,families nd neigbours cz of poor clothin,feedin nd shelter,only 4 me2 get pregnant4 a fool immediately after youth service,a tym wen ma parents tort dr sufferings had come to an end cz i'l get a job nd help dem a bit,at dat moment,it ws difficult kipin up wit lyf cz of harsh words frm my parents(wld u blame dem?),cz my baby fada cleverly abandond me,bt den i neva attemptd suicide bt trust i almost went blind cz of incessant cries,like odas ve said,i neva stopped tellin pple my probs,whether dy pity me genuinely as portrayd or laughed at me behind my bak is dr prob nt mine.in a nutshel,my baby is 2 and half yrs and i wk wit a leadin oil subsidiary,a job i got via d younger sis of one of d directors thru one of my pity me talkin spree.i not only feed my child wel bt helpin ma parents build dr bungalow.suicide shldnt b an option as it is actualy gr8 pple 2b dat usualy ve it rough in d start.

    ReplyDelete
  113. Dont hve anytin 2 say,so she's motivating us 2 commit suicide, mschew,no matter wat,suicide is not an ans,u neva gave urself life,so why take it,double suffering

    ReplyDelete
  114. Anonymous @ April 14 10:18PM. I pity you because you obviously lack the ability to feel compassion. And for your info, she was a beautiful girl. So sad that you not only are incapable of compassion but also lack the ability to see beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  115. Hmmmm! Poor girl! I can only imagine what she went through. I lost my mum too in Nov.2013 and believe me when I say that is one of the hardest things one can ever go through... It still feels like a dream cos she was so young, bubbly and full of life. Unfortunately the only way I remember her is her being weak and helpless due to her illness. As a christian I try so hard to encourage myself and my family that she is in a better place but do I really believe it? .... I slip in and out of depression every other time but I know for a fact that if you got Jesus, slowly but surely, you will overcome ...RIP Karyn

    ReplyDelete
  116. I know it probably wasn't easy for her,but suicide is still not an option.
    To the fool that said she's not even fine,your mother and sister can't rival her deadbody,coward #RIPkarynwashignton

    ReplyDelete
  117. Her friend Ty Alexander is so right - IT IS OKAY TO BE WEAK. (ofcourse not always) It is so sad though and such a contradiction, but I guess her mental illness is really the cause RIP

    ReplyDelete
  118. What level of insensitivity and ignorance is this, "she not even pretty and still committed suicide" posted by Anonymous. PLEASE!!!!!!!! out of pure respect for Karyn if you have not uplifting or thought provoking to comment simply comment RIP, or just don't comment at all.

    ReplyDelete
  119. What level of insensitivity and ignorance is this, "she not even pretty and still committed suicide" posted by Anonymous. PLEASE!!!!!!!! out of pure respect for Karyn if you have not uplifting or thought provoking to comment simply comment RIP, or just don't comment at all.

    ReplyDelete
  120. Do those "May her soul rest in peace" people realize that only reborn Christians go to Heaven i.e. peace, and all others go to everlasting torments into hell? If this black girl wasn't a reborn Christian she is now in the flames of hell. Stay for truth! Don't lie to people! "May her soul rest in peace" is utter nonsense and gives people false hope. If this black girl is in hell now she does not want you to shamelessly lie about her being in Heaven. But she wants you to warn others so they won't go to hell as well.

    ReplyDelete
  121. Um yeah, she IS literally resting in peace…In a world that has been made into a living hell by men playing god and all of us allowing it and just going with the flow…She is stronger than many of us who know this game of imposed monetized survival is rigged & yet do nothing to combat that. Tacit war of attrition is the mission and sadly but true, she is just another casualty of "purposelessly fucked upped-edness!" End the games and end the cognitive war against self…

    ReplyDelete
  122. really ??? you are still posting unkind comments.... WOW b

    ReplyDelete

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed in comments are those of the comment writers alone and does not reflect or represent the views of Linda Ikeji.

Recent Posts